Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Down to nine men, with a minute left. 'Should I just batter this out of play, or should I see what happens if me and my mates piss about with it in our area'.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

How the **** did we lose to these?

No idea. Pep thinking the same I bet.

On an unrelated note... their being relegated and having nothing at all to play for, with the players wondering whether they'll even be at the club in a few weeks, doesn't seem to have motivated them in the way you'd expect.

20 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Will be interesting to see how Leeds get on next year and what their fans’ expectations actually are.

Quite a lot has changed since 2004 and I think they may be in for a rude awakening.

They'll get a pass early on but if they are struggling by Christmas I think some will turn.

The view is that this is a massive club correcting a wrong, Dean Smith could do no wrong turning around a giant this time last year and now lots of questions about his position.

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Howard Wilkinson on Leeds promotion;

"It means more to the Premier League than maybe it does to Leeds," Wilkinson told BBC Sport.

Wow and that guy was the FA technical director at some point :facepalm:

Not sure people are interpreting this as it was intended. 

Leeds are a massive one city club with a well known manager and huge marketing pull.

He isn't saying Leeds fans aren't loving it and it means little to them. More the benefits the PL brand will gain from having them in it. 

Either way I hope they go straight back down as long term they could be a real threat to where we want to continue to be. 

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not sure people are interpreting this as it was intended. 

Leeds are a massive one city club with a well known manager and huge marketing pull.

He isn't saying Leeds fans aren't loving it and it means little to them. More the benefits the PL brand will gain from having them in it. 

Either way I hope they go straight back down as long term they could be a real threat to where we want to continue to be. 

They absolutely won't.

Their squad isn't that good. Probably the worst team to ever win that league.

Bielsa will fall apart in the Premier League. The bloke is completely mental and the media will just rinse him. He's arguably the most tactically astute manager there has ever been but he's a complete fruitcake.