Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What does that show? 

Would rather look at his phone and listen to music, and isn't bothering wearing his mask properly. 

It doesn't scream "committed and professional". 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Would rather look at his phone than warm up, and isn't bothering wearing his mask properly. 

Screams young, loaded and having tons of fans.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think the PL will gain much as a brand from Leeds to be honest, it’s a global outlet and Bournemouth even have become known in Asia etc. 

Leeds will definitely benefit more from the Premier League than the Premier League will benefit from having them back in it. 

Depends how sensible they are in the market really. 

Leeds are a pull whether people like them or not. Look at the amount of games they're on Sky in Championship and even how people are reacting to them on here coming up, they get people talking and interested. 

They're massive for the league imo. Yes they'll benefit as a club but it'd be interesting to see the leagues revenue and stats information domestically and globally say compared to having clubs like Bournemouth in it. 

39 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Will be interesting to see how Leeds get on next year and what their fans’ expectations actually are.

Quite a lot has changed since 2004 and I think they may be in for a rude awakening.

Folk talk about them being a "massive" Club, what does that mean. They've been the mill financially during the last 20 years, struggled on the pitch and were a League 3 side for years. Yes, they've got history and yes they have loud, noisy support but c'mon massive, give me a break. Remember what Cloughie said to the team on his first training session and he knew a bit about football.

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not sure people are interpreting this as it was intended. 

Leeds are a massive one city club with a well known manager and huge marketing pull.

He isn't saying Leeds fans aren't loving it and it means little to them. More the benefits the PL brand will gain from having them in it. 

Either way I hope they go straight back down as long term they could be a real threat to where we want to continue to be. 

I think it a bit of living in the past, same number of twitter followers as Bournemouth, less then Norwich!

To me Leeds are a big club, but I think they they don't have the global following anymore then a Derby or a Forest present day.

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Would rather look at his phone than warm up, and isn't bothering wearing his mask properly. 

He could be the latest member of the Madders and Chilly Instagram crew. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They absolutely won't.

Their squad isn't that good. Probably the worst team to ever win that league.

Bielsa will fall apart in the Premier League. The bloke is completely mental and the media will just rinse him. He's arguably the most tactically astute manager there has ever been but he's a complete fruitcake.

The way that Bielsa tend teams struggle late in the season through exhaustion doesn't bode well for them either. They're going to need to be on it, regardless of how well they do early on. They also need a striker who scores goals. I can't believe a team going into a Premier League season with Patrick Bamford as their main striker will stay in the division.

If somehow they do stay up, they could be a threat in the medium to long term, though. There's potential for them to be massive again. But it's the same for a lot of teams really, including Villa, who look like they're about to go straight back down.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Would rather look at his phone and listen to music, and isn't bothering wearing his mask properly. 

He probably doesn't need to wear it at all seeing as he's about to play without one and not all players inside grounds have worn them aslong as they're keeping social distance. 

He's hardly in his kit going through the official warm up routine he's in his casual wear before the game doing that strange 'getting a feel of the environment thing' despite playing at that ground for a few years. 

I think you're looking into this particular photo a bit too much. But having said all that he probably is a right bellwhiff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Looks like a picture of him kicking a ball.

You don't think he's doing his warm up there do you?

New scapegoat incoming if he arrives 😂 Jeez, some people need to lighten up. It's obviously taken from the walk around on the pitch where most players have a chat and look at their phones!  What is it with some hating young, good looking millionaires!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The way that Bielsa tend teams struggle late in the season through exhaustion doesn't bode well for them either. They're going to need to be on it, regardless of how well they do early on. They also need a striker who scores goals. I can't believe a team going into a Premier League season with Patrick Bamford as their main striker will stay in the division.

If somehow they do stay up, they could be a threat in the medium to long term, though. There's potential for them to be massive again. But it's the same for a lot of teams really, including Villa, who look like they're about to go straight back down.

They've been promoted for one day!

You think they're gonna have Bamford leading in the line when the season starts? lol

I don't like them, but people writing them off already is just ridiculous 

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think it a bit of living in the past, same number of twitter followers as Bournemouth, less then Norwich!

To me Leeds are a big club, but I think they they don't have the global following anymore then a Derby or a Forest present day.

They have history I wouldn't say it's living in the past. They have potential and the only reason 'smaller' clubs have more twitter followers is because of PL exposure. Leeds will have literally millions more followers across the world by the end of the next season. 

Leeds will comfortably stay up if they focus on quality rather than quantity like Wolves and Sheffield Utd did and not like Fulham and Villa did. They have a very good coach who has been prepared to graft in the Championship and there's some very effective players in that squad. They'll get someone like Eduoard up top and possibly pay big money for Ben White and finish mid table.

• Like 1