Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Made the point to someone yesterday 

Mason Mount, 4 PL games. England call up. 

Dwight McNeil, 25 PL games. No call up. 

Even worse is Our Barnes. He wiped the floor with Mount in the Championship and his loss caused WBA to go crap and sack the manager. And he’s done okay-to-well in the Premier (22 appearances and 2 goals) and no sniff of a call up? 

Mount - Chelsea, yup your in!

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You could make the point in so many times. 

James Maddison ~30 Prem games, this is his 2nd call up but no cap.

Mount, 4 games after a year in the Championship, called up.

Arguably I'd want him to be in the squad due to performances, but we've keft ourselves limited in holding midfielder roles 

It's why I don't particularly rate Chelsea's squad. 

Plenty of exciting youngsters - but their experience is very little. The press bang on about Tomori, Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi (who is decent tbf) but there's lots of examples of other players doing well for PL clubs and with more experience than these. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's why I don't particularly rate Chelsea's squad. 

Plenty of exciting youngsters - but their experience is very little. The press bang on about Tomori, Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi (who is decent tbf) but there's lots of examples of other players doing well for PL clubs and with more experience than these. 

They have a nice mix of players rn, but they're lacking some serious experience at the back. When Kante gets fit, they'll be looking better but their defence is a huge issue.

But agreed, many a talented youngster in our league at smaller clubs have greater experience and deserve a chance over the likes of Lingard