Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

34 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Chris Sutton just said we’ll finish top six on 5 live. Nearly passed out 😵. Tempered with saying Youri should have gone today!

Well a senior ref Martin Atkinson was the VAR ref today I believe and he didn't think it was a red so end of really. Chris Sutton being positive about us is amazing though for its rarit. Guy is generally an idiot.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Chucks himself into the leg if you ask me. Years of throwing yourself to the ground comes back to bite you eventually. 

No he did does not 😂, that is a poor decision from the ref, he was fouled 100%, ref should of played on!

Edited by lestajigs

4 hours ago, bfox said:

Chelsea going to struggle to stay in the top 10 at this rate

They are with Kurt Zouma at CB. The lad is an absolute car crash waiting to happen.

That said, the racist abuse he's taken this afternoon is just disgusting. Makes me sad that we've got to the point where a high-profile black player makes an error and you just know that some absolute scumbags are going to give them abuse on social media. It's becoming the norm which is a sad indictment of society.

That said, I do think top flight footballers could do with growing a pair, foregoing the extra ££££'s they absolutely don't need and staging a social media blackout for a week or two. To show solidarity if nothing else.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

They are with Kurt Zouma at CB. The lad is an absolute car crash waiting to happen.

That said, the racist abuse he's taken this afternoon is just disgusting. Makes me sad that we've got to the point where a high-profile black player makes an error and you just know that some absolute scumbags are going to give them abuse on social media. It's becoming the norm which is a sad indictment of society.

That said, I do think top flight footballers could do with growing a pair, foregoing the extra ££££'s they absolutely don't need and staging a social media blackout for a week or two. To show solidarity if nothing else.

Indeed, absolutely nothing wrong with any criticism and opinions of a players performance, no matter how harsh. But going into skin colour is completely disgraceful even by chelsea standards

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Here's a better clip. If you watch where he's looking he's just focused on getting the pass away, doesn't even try to claim a pen because he's too busy watching on to see if Lansbury can finish it.  Friend's got that very wrong imo.

Probably because he just does that little dive forward at the end. If he hadn't done that and it had looked more 'natural' he probably wouldn't have been booked. 

The last angle on your clip from the back kind of makes it understandably in as an instant reaction from the referee. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

5 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Chris Sutton just said we’ll finish top six on 5 live. Nearly passed out 😵. Tempered with saying Youri should have gone today

Is it too soon to call him a two-faced bellend?

Let's remind him what a proverbial horses arse he is if Rangers win the Old Firm tomorrow. Kingy winner from the bench PLEASE.

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Probably because he just does that little dive forward at the end. If he hadn't done that and it had looked more 'natural' he probably wouldn't have been booked. 

100% the way he tumbles makes the ref think he's angling for a peno.  

16 minutes ago, bfox said:

Indeed, absolutely nothing wrong with any criticism and opinions of a players performance, no matter how harsh. But going into skin colour is completely disgraceful even by chelsea standards

It's quite remarkable that a club that barely had an Englishman play for them for the best part of a decade are suddenly the BNP Lite. They're letting actually having the odd home nations player in their line-up go to their heads. :ph34r:

Inb4 someone thinks I'm being serious and not just making the point that, for however much they try to paint it as a 'right on' city, some of the most cretinous bellsniffs to carry a British passport come from within the confines of the M25. :dunno:

Edited by OntarioFox
Typos - phone is wank

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The worse thing about the Grealish incident is that he’s not even appealing for a penalty. You can see he’s totally focused on getting the pass off.

Yeah, it's mind-boggling to me that that wasn't overruled. I feel like the line being parroted of clear and obvious error is essentially a get-out clause to not change any decisions they haven't strictly made binary. for whatever reason.

At the end of the day, what IS a clear and obvious error? Who decides what constitutes clear and obvious? It feels like a massive cop-out, that they've just allowed the refs to make the wrong decision frequently on that basis - because at the end of the day, I think you can explain any or try to justify any contentious decision in football - and once you can do that, then is anything a clear and obvious error to the VAR officials?

They have a clear stance on right and wrong for offside and handball, therefore they have overturned decisions, whereas stuff like penalty decisions, and red cards you just can't make binary - and it feels like because there's always room for doubt, they've used that as an excuse to just allow shit decisions to happen, when they've given the impression VAR will try to cut down the amount of shit decisions.

If they just planned to overturn offsides and handball, fine - as long as they said that's their aim, then it'd be fine - but they shouldn't pretend they might overturn decisions if they just won't because it's just a waste of time, and just a mockery of what they claimed VAR would do.

The Grealish incident isn't a VAR issue imo. There is no way VAR can do anything because the referee blows the whistle before the ball goes in. If it's overturned then what could they even do? Palace will argue their players were affected by the whistle. For me it was just completely incompetent refereeing that would've happened with or without VAR. It's never a dive and should never have been given. The fact that the referee hasn't let it go for another 5 seconds or so is another error on the referees part, that way if it was a dive it could've been ruled out anyway. I think he panicked and clutched at the chance to give the foul and has to be soley to blame. 

Edited by Billy Big Balls
  • Like 2

I’m struggling with the Grealish incident tbh. 

I’m not seeing what you all are.

I’m definitely not saying I’m right because clearly nobody else is talking crap like me. But I’ve watched that clip loads and wouldn’t have liked to have called it because I’m just not seeing it how you all do. 

It looks like a dive to me. 

Does anyone think he was fouled but made a meal of it? I know he didn’t claim a foul but tbh, I’d have according to you all, wrongly booked him for diving because that’s what it looked like to me. 

I’m off to watch it again because I’m missing the bloody obvious 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil
Make clearer my explanation
  • Like 1

My main arguments against VAR have been the passion it will drain from the game but if that Haller penalty can't be given then I cannot see how a single person can justify keeping it for any reason. It's as obvious a penalty as you'll see and they haven't overturned it. If they're not overturning that, then why waste the time and have it anyway?

Admit it was a big error and get it gone.

• Like 1