Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Facecloth said:

Sky using footage of Vieira, Keane, Keown, Henry etc in the trailer for Man Utd v Arsenal, to try and bulld it up to something bigger than the mid table clash it us these days lol

They still live of Vieira v Keane. Granted, it was brilliant and those two sides at that time were brilliant but the big clash now is Liverpool v Manchester City.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

A thriller in the sense it ends up 3-0 to Liverpool mostly

A few years back they had some great matches, but last couple of seasons Arsenal have barely laid a glove on Liverpool.

27 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I assume because people think we're more likely to finish closer to Everton than we are man city.

Well, so much for aiming to secure a top 6 place if that's the general consensus.

With the exception of the defending season after winning the league, If you take into account the last 2 seasons, our first 6 games' results pretty much dictated that we'd finish where we did. But this time around, we've had our best start since 2015. Nearly 2 months into the season, another couple of games, with good results will pretty much mean a top 6 spot (or even top 4) is ours to blow.

Had Everton won and we beat Newcastle, we'd be heading into the Liverpool game knowing an upset of them would shave it down to 4 points. It's academic, but I think we should be living in the moment and not frothing at the mouth over bought teams like Man City. That's the kind of mindset that saw us win the league.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

Well, so much for aiming to secure a top 6 place if that's the general consensus.

With the exception of the defending season after winning the league, If you take into account the last 2 seasons, our first 6 games' results pretty much dictated that we'd finish where we did. But this time around, we've had our best start since 2015. Nearly 2 months into the season, another couple of games, with good results will pretty much mean a top 6 spot is ours to blow.

Had Everton won and we beat Newcastle, we'd be heading into the Liverpool game knowing an upset of them would shave it down to 4 points. It's academic, but I think we should be living in the moment and not frothing at the mouth over bought teams like Man City. That's the kind of mindset that saw us win the league.

Jumping the gun a bit here, its a long season and anything can happen. Nothing is ours to lose. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Jumping the gun a bit here, its a long season and anything can happen. Nothing is ours to lose. 

Yes, but it's the psychological boost it would gives us that can't be underestimated. 10 games into the 2015/16 season and I knew we would finish well inside the top 6. I didn't know then that we'd win, but I knew a top 6 place was ours to blow. We're only 3 games away from that now and we've actually played several of the big clubs already, with nothing that showed we didn't belong.

17 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yes, but it's the psychological boost it would gives us that can't be underestimated. 10 games into the 2015/16 season and I knew we would finish well inside the top 6. I didn't know then that we'd win, but I knew a top 6 place was ours to blow. We're only 3 games away from that now and we've actually played several of the big clubs already, with nothing that showed we didn't belong.

And we win tomorrow and we're comfortably third. If we're looking to finish top 6 or top 4 our results are going to get us there, not Man City losing. We win three of the next 4, with Liverpool being the one you'd think we probably won't and I think we can start looking at very decent final position, wherever we are in comparrison the top 2.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

Guest BlueBrett
10 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Don't think Neville game him the credit he deserved. Kept banging on about De Bruyne, it was Riyad's run that set him up for the cross!

Yeh and his pass for the sterling miss was every bit as good as the kdb cross. Arguably better as he had to see it to make it

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And we win tomorrow and we're comfortably third. If we're looking to finish top 6 or top 4 our results are going to get us there, not Man City losing. We win three of the next 4, with Liverpool being the one you'd think we probably won't and I think we can start looking at very decent final position, where we are in comparrison the top top 2.

Your point is well made. Perhaps I'm getting carried away and of course it's academic now.

But yes, winning 3 out of the next 4 would take us to the 10 game mark and usually decides who most of the teams that will finish top 6 are.

Ok, we have to start with tomorrow, but if our last 6 performances are anything to go by, we should get the job done. I really think we can finish top 4.

2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Your point is well made. Perhaps I'm getting carried away and of course it's academic now.

But yes, winning 3 out of the next 4 would take us to the 10 game mark and usually decides who most of the teams that will finish top 6 are.

Ok, we have to start with tomorrow, but if our last 6 performances are anything to go by, we should get the job done. I really think we can finish top 4.

I think the appetising aspect is that 6 games in, we've nowhere near hit our best

• Like 1