Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’m with her, I found it all very odd. The best managers on the planet have always been able to deflect criticism away from their players (for the majority). Henderson is a young lad who has saved their arses on countless occasions. One mistake doesn’t change the fact that he’s a very talented young goalkeeper. 

Take him out of the firing line and give him a rest on the bench for a week or two, no need to publicly hang the lad out to dry. 

Yeah drop him, that'll do his confidence a world of good lol , if hes a top professional who believes in himself and has been criticised by end his manager then he'll want to prove himself more in the next game, nicey nicey touch your bollocks is an approach you can have for a top club, but wilder doesn't have that 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah drop him, that'll do his confidence a world of good lol , if hes a top professional who believes in himself and has been criticised by end his manager then he'll want to prove himself more in the next game, nicey nicey touch your bollocks is an approach you can have for a top club, but wilder doesn't have that 

Fair play. As others have said I’m sure he knows his players. It’s a style I’m not necessarily fond of but in reality it’s Sheff United and it doesn’t really concern me. He pulled off a good save after the mistake anyway so I’m sure he’ll move on from it, he’ll end up being Man U’s number 1 I think anyway. 

Anyone who’s played football at a decent level will know it can be a horrible place sometimes. It isn’t all nice and rosey. 

Wilder’s been honest there. Henderson most definitely did make a mistake and putting an arm around him wouldn’t always be the best thing to do. I don’t think he should drop him and I don’t think he will. He needs to get it out of his system with a few good performances, it’ll spur him on and should make him even more focused. 

For Sheff Utd, every point this season will count. They can’t afford to drop points through their own mistakes. 

I’d assume Wilder will go in and say something along the lines of ‘Make up for it next time kid’. He’s not going to go in there and roast him. 

He’s the type of manager that has got to where he is by being a great man-manager, building a strong robust side with no stars who need pampering. As Sawyer said ‘it’s old school management’, because he’s an old school manager. 

It won’t be the first mistake Henderson has made through the ranks, it won’t be the last. If he wants to make a career at Man Utd, he needs to cut them out. He knows that, Wilder knows that... I’m sure he’ll be mentally stronger as a result. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manini said:

I’m with her, I found it all very odd. The best managers on the planet have always been able to deflect criticism away from their players (for the majority). Henderson is a young lad who has saved their arses on countless occasions. One mistake doesn’t change the fact that he’s a very talented young goalkeeper. 

Take him out of the firing line and give him a rest on the bench for a week or two, no need to publicly hang the lad out to dry.

Completely agree. For me Wilder has been dazzled by the bright lights of Premier League attention and clearly over stating his honest approach. It's not League 1 now, each to their own and tough love has its merits but not the first time Wilder has been at odds with neutrals assessments of his team. Own agenda for me.

9 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

brain dead from Chambers. Unnecessary yellow. Good luck for the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

How is that not a yellow ffs. One rule for united one rule for everyone else. 

Basically identical challenge in both cases. 

If the ref is gonna start picking up on things, be consistent.  

And that challenge could've been a yellow