Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

You kept the ball ok today but once into the final third the lack of cutting edge was noticeable. Virtually no dangerous crosses or balls in. All very hopeful long range stuff or soft attempts straight at the keeper.  We could have scored one or two more but it was a comfortable performance today. And boy did we need it. Man City next then an international break. Going into that winless would have been concerning. 

Hi mate how have you been? Not seen you on here in a while. You won yesterday yeah?

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Trippier left because Poch realised he was rubbish at RB. Even the Spurs fans slagged him off all last season. 

Those sorts of behind the scenes rumours always surface when things aren't going right in the pitch. I wouldn't believe any of them. 

He's doing alright at RB for Atletico though, pretty much ever present and part of a defence that kept Real Madrid scoreless yesterday in the Madrid derby.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

He's doing alright at RB for Atletico though, pretty much ever present and part of a defence that kept Real Madrid scoreless yesterday in the Madrid derby.

He was doing well before the world cup too. Just dropped off massively last season.

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Trippier left because Poch realised he was rubbish at RB. Even the Spurs fans slagged him off all last season. 

Those sorts of behind the scenes rumours always surface when things aren't going right in the pitch. I wouldn't believe any of them. 

Source?

5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Happy for Trippier. Always thought he was good but it seemed like Spurs were always looking to replace him.

Not too bad going to play for Atleti ;)

In fairness, he was responsible for multiple match-losing goals last season and couldn't even cross the ball, his speciality. My favourite was his clinical own-goal against Chelsea I think it was. It was clear he needed something different

On 28/09/2019 at 19:04, KingsX said:

The people who said Riyad would just need a year to bed into a Pep team are looking pretty damn smart.

He is better than us and deserves to be playing on the biggest stage but it is a shame he left when he did because I think we've now got the team that suits him perfectly. Ricardo behind him, Maddison across, Barnes the other side, Vardy still as sharp as ever with Tielemans and Ndidi in the middle. Mahrez had to do so much on his own, now I don't think he would and could still flourish and stand out.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Newcastle dead cert for relegation. They cant defend, they cant keep the ball and they dont score enough goals.

If i had to pick a 3 to go down right now id probably go for Norwich, Brighton and one of Newcastle or Villa.

I think watford will turn it around eventually. Its a decent experienced group and they can score.

Norwich are not only a poor side, theyre also painfully naive. Theyll win hearts by being naive but theyre poor.

Newcastle i think might be ok by grinding results out but they need to get results at StJames'

Brighton are an all round poor side but especially going forwards.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Newcastle dead cert for relegation. They cant defend, they cant keep the ball and they dont score enough goals.

I’d agree, I’m sure I read yesterday that Joelinton hasn’t had a shot on goal for 7 hours of football - not a single shot and that’s their number 9. 

How much did they spend on him?

I’ll be amazed if they stay up, the other candidates all appear to have a bit of fight in them, the geordies have nothing.

What do we think of this? I kind of agree with her. If you dont think your keeper is good enough then drop him for the next few games, no need to publicly take his legs out like that. I don't see the benefit in that.

Just now, Koke said:

What do we think of this? I kind of agree with her. If you dont think your keeper is good enough then drop him for the next few games, no need to publicly take his legs out like that. I don't see the benefit in that.

Same. 

Give your players a roasting in the dressing room. Not a fan of calling them out publicly like Wilder did pretty much. I know emotions can be high but it's not like he had a shit game otherwise. He even made a good one on one save against Salah literally minutes after the error I think. 

It's a shame for goalkeepers (yes I know they choose to play there) as one mistake is highlighted whereas elsewhere an outfield player misplaces a pass or misses a chance at goal and it's less magnified. 

I think Wilder went in for him too much. But then again we don't know what Henderson's character is really like - will he care? Will it spur him on? He made a mistake or 2 against Villa last season and got outed then I believe. I guess Wilder knows his players better than anyone else but I bet if Wilder commented a few hours after the game perhaps when emotions have cooled he may not have been as harsh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

I’m with her, I found it all very odd. The best managers on the planet have always been able to deflect criticism away from their players (for the majority). Henderson is a young lad who has saved their arses on countless occasions. One mistake doesn’t change the fact that he’s a very talented young goalkeeper. 

Take him out of the firing line and give him a rest on the bench for a week or two, no need to publicly hang the lad out to dry. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

Take him out of the firing line and give him a rest on the bench for a week or two, no need to publicly hang the lad out to dry. 

Only please don't, my FPL team would suffer greatly.

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Hard to criticise him though, he got a certain style and so far hes doing well. Hes got a very championship squad and tough love is probably more effective than a nicey nice we played well lads we can it next week. You see how his criticism of the players worked after us hes gotten some good results since