Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think the appetising aspect is that 6 games in, we've nowhere near hit our best

Good point and that's something I forgot to mention!

There's clearly far more quality and real potential already on show, something that we were lacking after winning the league until now. And yes, it feels like we are still a few games away from really mastering the elite coordination we have at our disposal.

55 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Well, so much for aiming to secure a top 6 place if that's the general consensus.

With the exception of the defending season after winning the league, If you take into account the last 2 seasons, our first 6 games' results pretty much dictated that we'd finish where we did. But this time around, we've had our best start since 2015. Nearly 2 months into the season, another couple of games, with good results will pretty much mean a top 6 spot (or even top 4) is ours to blow.

Had Everton won and we beat Newcastle, we'd be heading into the Liverpool game knowing an upset of them would shave it down to 4 points. It's academic, but I think we should be living in the moment and not frothing at the mouth over bought teams like Man City. That's the kind of mindset that saw us win the league.

Forget Liverpool and Man City, they're almost certain to share the top two spots between them. I was certainly cheering on Man City as Everton are more likely to be a threat to us than us to Man City. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Fair enough taking the piss out of Spurs is something a lot of weirdos on here get a kick out of but that’s a pretty fvcked up situation for Eriksen tbf 

Honestly couldn’t care less about any of their players (bar Son, he seems like a good lad). If they want to be scumbags towards each other, so be it. 

Obviously as a decent human being I hope this isn’t true :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Honestly couldn’t care less about any of their players (bar Son, he seems like a good lad). If they want to be scumbags towards each other, so be it. 

Obviously as a decent human being I hope this isn’t true :ph34r:

I've always thought Son seems like a cvnt. I like Alderweireld though.

• Like 2

Typical Spurs that. I know VAR has critics, but I think every team has accepted that minuscule offside will be given by it, even if they are annoying. But no Spurs do some shitty cringy celebration referring to it. These Spurs players have no likeable qualities.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Lloris up to his usual tricks. Unbelievable that he's a world cup winning captain. Doesn't matter that he's an incredible shot stopper, he makes so many stupid mistakes.

Passing out from the back is almost a psychosis in football these days. On another note - Kane really needs to go to a better club.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Ugh. It's the fact they'd practiced it. Great handshake and acting lads. Stuck it to 'em. 

They should be an enviable example of a well ran club. They're just not though, the players, manager, and owner are so dislikable. 

You forgot the fans. I know (reasonably well) a few Spurs fans - and they are in the main absolute twats. To be fair I do know a quite nice one - but she's in the minority.

Jenas saying today's result shows that this Spurs team has characters, and they are back on form lol They have proven over a long period of time that one thing this team lacks is character, almost everytime something is asked of them, to push on, the take the next step  they've crumbled.

Edited by Facecloth

12 minutes ago, trabuch said:

You forgot the fans. I know (reasonably well) a few Spurs fans - and they are in the main absolute twats. To be fair I do know a quite nice one - but she's in the minority.

I used to be good friends with one.

He couldn't accept the fact they'd play poorly and it was everything always out to get them. Media was against them, officials etc etc