Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

that's not impossible in theory, but they have won 3 of their last 15 league games. they haven't won away from home in their last 12 league games, taking 3 points from 36. this isn't even relegation form, it's worse than relegation form. it's the reason he was sacked and i get they now have a "fresh start" but it would be remarkable to go from averaging about 1 point per game for almost a year, to averaging over 2 points a game. for the next 6 months. 

Oh yeah, it won't be easy for them but a new manager bounce might kickstart them and who knows. I am very glad we have this healthy head start on them, I feel this run of games before Christmas really gives us an incredible opportunity to put ourselves well ahead of the curve for the 2nd half of the season where if we then just tick over nicely it will keep us well in the mixer for top 4.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll sort the defence out, which seems to be their weakness at the moment. As others have said, it probably won't last more than a few years, but in that time you can see them winning a cup. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose could well work his magic there. I still think he has it. Just hope it takes him the rest of this season to sort the mess out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Jose could well work his magic there. I still think he has it. Just hope it takes him the rest of this season to sort the mess out. 

 

I wouldn’t actually mind seeing José do well if it was anywhere but Spurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

 

I wouldn’t actually mind seeing José do well if it was anywhere but Spurs. 

Not a luxury you or I now have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There's no Substitute for experience. 

That's true. 

I'm getting anxious about the Brighton game on Saturday. 

I reckon they'll just park the magic Bus and be difficult to break down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weller54 said:

That's true. 

I'm getting anxious about the Brighton game on Saturday. 

I reckon they'll just park the magic Bus and be difficult to break down. 

we don't seem to struggle with that issue anymore - 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

12 points is in no way insurmountable, they will be a danger to the top 4 now.

Next season for sure. Less so this season but I would expect them to improve their form dramatically now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I really want this to go sideways for Spurs I am going to be sick if Jose moves them on. I would love us to be able to buy Son, but Jose will be mad to let him go. 

I think I've been happy watching them struggling under Poch, but now it feels like they might become a threat to us. Hope my worry is unfounded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That's true. 

I'm getting anxious about the Brighton game on Saturday. 

I reckon they'll just park the magic Bus and be difficult to break down. 

Think we'll win but I'm not expecting High Numbers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Think we'll win but I'm not expecting High Numbers...

Substitute to score the winner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't afford Son and Mourinho would hold him to his contract anyway . His all action, constantly moving play though is exactly how I would like Barnes and Perez to play. Keep changing sides and pull rigid defences out of position. They are both two footed so can interchange quite easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, srbfox said:

Substitute to score the winner?

Well we've got the youngsters on the pitch.. Gray, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes.. The kids are alright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Substitute to score the winner?

I can't explain, but I think we're more likely to get a quick one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Didn't know Poch did this. Nice. 

 

 

Tbf Poch has always come across as a nice bloke. I've liked him throughout his time in England, hope he gets another job in this Country soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"To come to his defense about the whole "Mourinho doesn't last more than 3 seasons"

He left Porto after winning the UCL - not sacked
He got ****ed over by Abramovich at Chelsea in 2007 because they kept him out of their transfer business - sacked
Won the treble at Inter (imo his greatest ever achievement, men is treated like a god by Inter fans) - not sacked
Won La Liga at Real with the most ever points (I believe) - got sacked because he got into a fight with Perez, and Perez is as ruthless as Abramovich is. Look what they did to Pellegrini for example. - sacked
Won the league at Chelsea again in 2015 but he simply got backstabbed by the bunch of rats that is the likes of Diego Costa, Eden Hazard, Fabrecunts, Ivanovic (who ****ed the medical coach) - sacked

Now on to United. United are an absolute mess since Ferguson left them. Moyes didn't make it, Van Gaal didn't and so did Mourinho. He made mistakes, defo, but I think the problems at United are from top to bottom. Ole isn't doing much better now as well.

I just hope he does well here as he did with Porto and Inter."

 

 

The naivety of some fans man, Spurs have issues just as United did. Big players all wanting out and others just running down their contracts. An owner who won't fund a team unless he sells first to avoid sticking his hand in his pocket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may have won trophies at other clubs but that doesn’t guarantee he will get some at spurs which their fans seem to think he will do. They are a shit show at the minute. Can’t see him making many people happy big job replacing players that can’t be arsed already so that will take what ever transfer fund he has to sort just to have the same numbers in the squad. Eriksen surely won’t get to many games playing the way he has. If he brings a player In on big wages then there will be a few unhappy players.Kane would want to be the highest earner then others will want bigger contracts or move on.,could be a bad move for spurs in the long run. Imagine how happy they would be winning the league cup to then have to sell all there players the next season because they are skint after going all out for a trophy 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fktf said:

He'll sort the defence out, which seems to be their weakness at the moment. As others have said, it probably won't last more than a few years, but in that time you can see them winning a cup. 

A few friends of mine that are spurs fans seems to think the problem lies deeper than the defence. Doesnt think they're capable.of passing to each other at the minute lol I hope the issue is very very very deep into the current playing staff lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"To come to his defense about the whole "Mourinho doesn't last more than 3 seasons"

He left Porto after winning the UCL - not sacked
He got ****ed over by Abramovich at Chelsea in 2007 because they kept him out of their transfer business - sacked
Won the treble at Inter (imo his greatest ever achievement, men is treated like a god by Inter fans) - not sacked
Won La Liga at Real with the most ever points (I believe) - got sacked because he got into a fight with Perez, and Perez is as ruthless as Abramovich is. Look what they did to Pellegrini for example. - sacked
Won the league at Chelsea again in 2015 but he simply got backstabbed by the bunch of rats that is the likes of Diego Costa, Eden Hazard, Fabrecunts, Ivanovic (who ****ed the medical coach) - sacked

Now on to United. United are an absolute mess since Ferguson left them. Moyes didn't make it, Van Gaal didn't and so did Mourinho. He made mistakes, defo, but I think the problems at United are from top to bottom. Ole isn't doing much better now as well.

I just hope he does well here as he did with Porto and Inter."

 

 

The naivety of some fans man, Spurs have issues just as United did. Big players all wanting out and others just running down their contracts. An owner who won't fund a team unless he sells first to avoid sticking his hand in his pocket.

Are they wrong though :dunno: pretty accurate description of his career really. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've a nasty feeling they're going to be really good for a couple of seasons until the inevitable implosion. If he can get Kane back to something approaching his best and convince the likes of Eriksen and Vertonghen to stick around or at least switch on and pull their fingers out for the rest of their contracts, they could be dangerous. It could well do wonders for the squad mentally to go from a manager who obviously would rather be anywhere else to someone who is desperate to win at any cost. They and Levy will almost certainly have had enough of him before too long but until then I wouldn't be surprised if they start to look a threat again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...