Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest An Sionnach
11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

If im Eriksen and lived with a tighted fisted owner, 0 trophies and a questionable manager in Mourinho (yes he has won trophies...) nothing is looking too positive unless spurs turn it around before january and they spend cash. If a better offer comes in he is gone.

Be careful what you wish for , a couple of years go it was Sanchez this ,Sanchez that yackety, yackety yak - look what happened to his career . If you happy being the richest man on the bench then good luck to you.

7 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Pochettino might be the recent flavour of the month but Mourinho is a way better manager.

I dont discount that hence why i added the part about him winning trophies. I am just not sold on him being the right guy for them. He doesn't appear to fit their lineup and given his bustups with players and spurs softy personalities, lack of spending i just dont see how this is the best move for them. But hey we hired claude puel so anything is possible.

He either becomes their fergie or this ends very badly.

Seen a few remarks about how we have to go to Tottenham in our penultimate game of the season and that Mourinho is destined to ruin Rodgers title hopes once again.

Those last two games could be gargantuan for us in terms of heaping misery on those melts and Harry Maguire. BRING IT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seen a few remarks about how we have to go to Tottenham in our penultimate game of the season and that Mourinho is destined to ruin Rodgers title hopes once again.

Those last two games could be gargantuan for us in terms of heaping misery on those melts and Harry Maguire. BRING IT

Nice sentiment... But let's see if Liverpool collapse first shall we. Then they can talk about stopping us.

27 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

If im Eriksen and lived with a tighted fisted owner, 0 trophies and a questionable manager in Mourinho (yes he has won trophies...) nothing is looking too positive unless spurs turn it around before january and they spend cash. If a better offer comes in he is gone.

The veteran players have run their legs off for years, tripled ENIC's franchise value, and as a result the two highest paid employees are ... Mourinho and Levy, pulling over 20M combined just in salary ... over 30M counting the dead money to Poch.

They aren't likely to redouble their efforts to get in the new gaffer's graces.  And Spurs are surely going to have to start paying market rates to sign new talent for the Special One.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nah - we should have it* all wrapped up by then, so we can sanguinely stroll around the pitch :thumbup:

* this could be any bloody thing

13 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

When we’ve won countless trophies, won the league a few times and have 60000 fans at home games every week and done all that for 30 years, we may become a top 4 club. Until then we’re a bit, too new

Spurs were a top 4 club and haven't achieved the above.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just realised you said the wrong catchphrase. 

'Bring it' is for The Rock. 

You're meant to go "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" 

lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Nice sentiment... But let's see if Liverpool collapse first shall we. Then they can talk about stopping us.

Maybe they ruin our top 4 chances? Would that be newsworthy like what Mourinho did to Liverpool in 13/14? I'd be more than happy to be very close to a top 4 spot with 2 games of the season to go anyway, I have 100% faith in this lot.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe they ruin our top 4 chances? Would that be newsworthy like what Mourinho did to Liverpool in 13/14? I'd be more than happy to be very close to a top 4 spot with 2 games of the season to go anyway, I have 100% faith in this lot.

Yeah I too have faith in us. And as much as not making the Top 4 is a possibility, the signs are that we're still improving and getting better and better. We're nowhere near our potential peak yet so I don't think dropping off is anywhere likely. Not to say anything is guaranteed till the end of the season. But considering our huge improvements so far throughout the team and that we're such a young side mainly, we've yet to see this current team fully go all out. When we finally do... Oh boy! We're already getting massive praise from the managers of other teams about how good we are at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Be interesting to see which club moves to bring Poch in first. Can imagine Yanited, Bayern, Real and maybe Juve will keep an eye on him. Be great if he ended up at Arsenal out of spite 

7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Be interesting to see which club moves to bring Poch in first. Can imagine Yanited, Bayern, Real and maybe Juve will keep an eye on him. Be great if he ended up at Arsenal out of spite 

Nailed on to go to United.. Then he'll sign Kane. 

Guest An Sionnach
16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Nailed on to go to United.. Then he'll sign Kane. 

Kane is as likely to go to Utd. as I am to take a bus tour to Mars.

Edited by An Sionnach

23 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Nailed on for Utd. He would get time there. Zidane has won three European cups and he is under pressure despite them currently being joint top - imagine what the Spanish press would do to someone with Pochettino's track record.

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How are spurs coming out of this so badly?

At least with Claudio we were a fair bit into the season and in trouble of relegation. Then has a caretaker rather than having made plans a month in advance. 

I am much more interested in who Mourinho sees as surplus to requirements. The only reason to do it this way is if they promised him a kitty in January, and the only way he is getting a kitty in January is if they offload some players. It could make the winter window strangely interesting.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say 70-75 points gets 4th spot this season, they need a minimum 56 points from the remaining 26 games. 18 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats. Not out of the realms of possibility.

that's not impossible in theory, but they have won 3 of their last 15 league games. they haven't won away from home in their last 12 league games, taking 3 points from 36. this isn't even relegation form, it's worse than relegation form. it's the reason he was sacked and i get they now have a "fresh start" but it would be remarkable to go from averaging about 1 point per game for almost a year, to averaging over 2 points a game. for the next 6 months. 

• Like 4