Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think they are too far for Top 4 even at this stage of the season, I think best bet for them this season is Top 6.

According to the betting we're only an implied 58% chance of getting top four. 

Out of the top four we're considered the most likely team to drop out of it, Tottenham are considered the most likely team to replace us if we do. There are still 26 games to go, we're far from being over the line.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.159595502

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think they are too far for Top 4 even at this stage of the season, I think best bet for them this season is Top 6.

Let's say 70-75 points gets 4th spot this season, they need a minimum 56 points from the remaining 26 games. 18 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats. Not out of the realms of possibility.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7705673/Jose-Mourinhos-arrival-month-pipeline-Spurs-manager-shock-unfolded.html

Interesting:

REVEALED: Brendan Rodgers was Tottenham's first choice before turning to Jose Mourinho.

Cheek of it! Although interesting to see their line up of games - not the easiest intro for Jose. Especially the Chelsea/Man U matches - they are going to be wanting to make a point. 

November  23 West Ham (A)

November 26 Olympiacos (H) - Champions League

November 30 Bournemouth (H)

December 4 Manchester United (A)

December 7 Burnley (H)

December 11 Bayern Munich (A) - Champions League

December 15 Wolves (A)

December 22 Chelsea (H) 

And so closes the self-declared "Golden Era" of Tottenham under Poch. Honours - zero. 

I'd honestly put good money on them going on to win something now, maybe next season - not the title or the UCL, maybe a domestic cup or Europa. Something was just very off about the mentality he instilled in his players - as far as the "Spursy" joke goes, there's no smoke without fire.

It's absolutely worth noting that, even despite constant accusations of having "lost it", Mourinho is IMO the most successful manager to have taken the reigns of a shite Man Utd. side who had already been in freefall in the few years since Fergie left. He won the Europa League and finished second in the space of two seasons, all while being criticised from all quarters. 

20 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Cheeky bonus: There's a section of Chelsea fans livid with Jose now. 

No longer their greatest manager but a Judas lol

Sounds familiar tbh 

:brendan:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I think this is a bad decision for the rest of the PL. Jose is a serial trophy winner and Spurs are definitely going to be a force going forward. 

In the immediate sense they are heading in one direction table wise. However, long term, the rot will set back in within two seasons, particularly when the purse strings tighten and any funds that were initially availed dry up. In respect of trophies - another League or FA cup, or both.

Come on, we may be wishing ill on Spurs, but I find it unlikely they will implode and view this decision as very similar to the Ranieri one. i.e.; a business decision, but one founded and backed up by a footballing one.

It will in the short term rejuvenate them, and if they are sensible, they can pump 2-3 years of mild success out of Jose.

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say 70-75 points gets 4th spot this season, they need a minimum 56 points from the remaining 26 games. 18 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats. Not out of the realms of possibility.

He's going to have to do over a third of that with the players he already has - they've got 9 Prem games before the window opens.

First game up - West Ham. I mean, you couldn't ask for a better starter. Then again, get nothing out of that and it's an horrendous start.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7705673/Jose-Mourinhos-arrival-month-pipeline-Spurs-manager-shock-unfolded.html

Interesting:

REVEALED: Brendan Rodgers was Tottenham's first choice before turning to Jose Mourinho.

1580338727_Screenshot2019-11-20at12_48_47.png.4810f9eb1298a60708b61aff846bd576.png

The ****ing arrogance. I loathe them even more now.

• Haha 3

Mourinho reported to be on £15M a year, more than double what they were paying Poch by all accounts.

If that is true and Levy stumps up a transfer kitty Poch will rightly be massively p*ssed.

Then again he may be laughing at them from his office at Old Trafford

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

I believe the beef with the players like Rose , Alderweireld and Eriksen is with Levy and the players’ agent rather than the manager ( although Pochettino has clearly lost the dressing room). I’m not sure appointing JM changes anything there . They will all be much better off running their contracts done and getting a massive signing on fee in 6 months time .

Their crap performances of late have reduced their marketability a bit but not fatally 

Jose Mourinho tells Tottenham he will NOT need to spend big in January, and convincing Christian Eriksen to stay is top of new manager's priorities

Think Jose's 'qualities' of arrogance and entitlement undercut by massive touchiness mean he'll fit right in at Tottenham.

Totally made for each other.

Didn't think anything could make Spurs' new stadium more soulless and bizarre. Seems I was wrong.

Saying all that, I still think they'll profit in the short-term.

Long-term though, the Levy-Mourinho dynamic looks unlikely to work to put it mildly.

If I was a Spurs fan I'd be very unhappy with Levy.

But I'm not, so happy days!

37 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

He's going to have to do over a third of that with the players he already has - they've got 9 Prem games before the window opens.

First game up - West Ham. I mean, you couldn't ask for a better starter. Then again, get nothing out of that and it's an horrendous start.

They have a nucleus of a good squad there, things have gone wrong for them but we've seen before how quickly new managers can turn things around at places. Defensively they might have a problem and Eriksen needs to be showered in adulation by Jose and they might have enough to start playing like one of the top sides again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They have a nucleus of a good squad there, things have gone wrong for them but we've seen before how quickly new managers can turn things around at places. Defensively they might have a problem and Eriksen needs to be showered in adulation by Jose and they might have enough to start playing like one of the top sides again.

I liked your post for what I perceived to be the accuracy of it, but I hope Jose completely diagrees with you and ships Eriksen out with Matic coming in

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Jose Mourinho tells Tottenham he will NOT need to spend big in January, and convincing Christian Eriksen to stay is top of new manager's priorities

If im Eriksen and lived with a tighted fisted owner, 0 trophies and a questionable manager in Mourinho (yes he has won trophies...) nothing is looking too positive unless spurs turn it around before january and they spend cash. If a better offer comes in he is gone.

Edited by Jattdogg

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

If im Eriksen and lived with a tighted fisted owner, 0 trophies and a questionable manager in Mourinho (yes he has won trophies...) nothing is looking too positive unless spurs turn it around before january and they spend cash. If a better offer comes in he is gone.

Eriksen is free to talk to other clubs in January and is a free agent next summer. He'll be able to command a great deal so if he stays Tottenham will need to break the bank for him just like other clubs will have to.