Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Super_horns said:

West Ham will be hoping their first choice goalie is fit soon !

I just read that he's feeling fine after the surgery and is expected to be back around the Christmas / New Year period. (I'm concerned not so much because of Wham but he's playing for Poland, I support them & regard him as our #1 keeper, would like him back ASAP)

Oh dear another one for Spuds :( I guess I shouldn't say anything about hammering

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Seems to be an unusual amount of poor teams this year, even with how bad West Ham look, I’d still say Watford, Norwich and Southampton look worse - and that’s saying something cuz these are awful. 

West H beat us early in the season  - Haller was very good but they still looked ropey at the back.

Just now, Chester Dontlie said:

Fabianski or Jimenez, nevermind. Madders, Youri, Vards & co. will make their defence melt anyway.

I thought they would be our rivals for top 7/8 before the season started but if they keep on playing like this they are heading for relegation. They are shambles

They weren't so bad when they had Fabianski in goal. With this clown in goal a team can just pump the ball into the box and it's almost guaranteed he'll put his team under pressure somehow.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Surely Szczesny is first choice for Poland?

Yes he is, and I'm not very happy about that. I don't rate him as highly as Fabianski. He always has a brainfart (or two) in him, and it tends to happen in the key momement of the most important games. Szczęsny is very good but Fabianski is also simply put overall a better keeper technically (handling, fisting the crosses away, even kicking) and has the calming effect even on the shittiest of Polish defenders, can't say the same about Szczesny who is a hothead most of the time.

In the Euro qualification Poland's idiot-manager saw the light and put Fab in goal for a few games. Recently because of his injury Szczesny was back as #1 and we started to leak goals again. 

If Fabianski was playing for a big club (playing regularily in European cups, challenging etc) like Napoli or Arsenal etc this Poland's #1 wouldn't be even a contest but he's playing for West Ham and Szczesny for the mighty Juve, so naturally for the manager and most of our supporters the choice is obvious. Similar situation like with England and Tottenham, Liverpool, ManU bias which was especially evident under Hodgson but under Southgate also exist fortunately to a lesser extent (Chills and Maguire at World Cup was a progress but why theres still no Madders or Hamza tried I wonder)

Edited by Chester Dontlie