Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I've a nasty feeling they're going to be really good for a couple of seasons until the inevitable implosion. If he can get Kane back to something approaching his best and convince the likes of Eriksen and Vertonghen to stick around or at least switch on and pull their fingers out for the rest of their contracts, they could be dangerous. It could well do wonders for the squad mentally to go from a manager who obviously would rather be anywhere else to someone who is desperate to win at any cost. They and Levy will almost certainly have had enough of him before too long but until then I wouldn't be surprised if they start to look a threat again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

One saving grace is Mourinho isnt exactly knowing for turning it round from game one. He always gets them abit better, then has the summer rebuild. 

Not exactly correct. From BBC

"He won 11 of his first 16 league games to win the Portuguese title in his debut season with Porto, lost just once en route to guiding Chelsea to the Premier League title in his first campaign in England, suffered only four defeats in his victorious first Serie A campaign with Inter, and failed to win only nine of 38 matches in his maiden La Liga season at Real Madrid. "

He can’t coach a side to dominate possession very well. This Spurs side is fairly similar to the one he had at United so can’t see him pulling up any trees.

What I can’t be arsed with is the constant circus that surrounds him, it becomes all about Mourinho and it’s boring as f uck

• Like 4

To be fair if they can catch up and overtake us then they deserve to be in the top 4 at the end of the season. They look tired to me and the squad seems thinner than the last fee seasons. I'm sure he'll do fine but I'm really not sure trophies are gonna start filling those empty cabinets. 

34 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not exactly correct. From BBC

"He won 11 of his first 16 league games to win the Portuguese title in his debut season with Porto, lost just once en route to guiding Chelsea to the Premier League title in his first campaign in England, suffered only four defeats in his victorious first Serie A campaign with Inter, and failed to win only nine of 38 matches in his maiden La Liga season at Real Madrid. "

Whilst you are correct, I cant say for Porto, but chelsea first time round wasnt a rebuild, they had just finished second and were about the best they had been for an insanely long time losing out to the invincibles. They really weren't far off. He also went into an inter Milan side that had just won the league, so the rebuild wasnt needed. Same with madrid (although they were runners up to an incredible barca side) 

His second stint at chelsea however was coming in after chelsea were in real need of change doing abysmal but then they love to down tools after a couple of years so it's hard to say for them. We all know of man utd's problem. They were in need of total overhaul and are once again in need of total overhaul. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

74D8B7F0-0E76-4087-8B6E-34D7FBF03A8E.jpeg

Mourinho will fine him something like six weeks' wages, or bar him from the first-team for a game or two etc..

They both suit each other perfectly tbh - arrogant and prone to be caught in a controversy or two.

Just don’t see a new manager having the ability to completely relaunch a squad who are tired, mentally zapped and past their prime. It’s a good rebuilding job required at Spurs. Judging from some media articles Jose and Poch sound remarkable similar on the training ground. To get some immediate life, sounds like Spurs need a younger hungry manager. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

74D8B7F0-0E76-4087-8B6E-34D7FBF03A8E.jpeg

ooops. Just goes to show the dangers of social media coming back to haunt you. Love to be fly on the wall at their first team meeting.  You have to laugh though.........overrated and too cocky........Pots and kettles come to mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine alot of the english players at Tottenham must be fearing their future at the club, can imagine a few will be out door in the coming months. I mean if Poch does somehow end up at Man U would he like to take Delli Alli, Danny Rose, Eric Dier with him?

What’s makes you say that? Mourinho’s record with English players isn’t anything unusual? 

29 minutes ago, urban fox said:

ooops. Just goes to show the dangers of social media coming back to haunt you. Love to be fly on the wall at their first team meeting.  You have to laugh though.........overrated and too cocky........Pots and kettles come to mind. 

It's not real. Funny though. Wish it was

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

He can’t coach a side to dominate possession very well. This Spurs side is fairly similar to the one he had at United so can’t see him pulling up any trees.

What I can’t be arsed with is the constant circus that surrounds him, it becomes all about Mourinho and it’s boring as f uck

But it seems your still the Boy who runs Away to join the circus...Or you wouldnt Now still be following it...:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Remember Kember said:

I think jose' s better days are behind him most managers don't know when to quit and their career ends in tears as a result.  I believe doors his ideas are dated and will be found out at spurs. The first 3 or 4 games are crucial to him

We'll have to wait and see. However, the guy is a serial winner. He's won trophies everwhere he's been. His reputation as a top top manager in the game is largely untarnished and top players will want to play for him. Overnight Spurs have become a much much more attractive propostion for players to join. The core of players he has at Spurs is excellent and he will most probably get the best out of them. Also I don't think he would join unless he was given a cast iron guarantee of having lots of money to spend.

• Like 2

Not going to lie, I'm puzzled by everyone's dismissal of Mourinho at Spurs. He did amazingly at Man Utd with a much worse squad, and the last season things fell apart because he lost the backing of the board and then basically conspired to get sacked lol. I don't think it will be a long lasting project (it's Mourinho after all) but there's definitely strong potential for it to go well for Spurs. They definitely scare me a lot more than Arsenal and Man Utd now.

• Like 3

Agreeing with and following on from @Nicolo Barella - think people do need to reel in their wild expectations of a car crash tenure at Spurs.

Mourinho is a good, once great, manager, but Man Utd was tantamount to unmanagable at the point he was there.

Spurs has better players than Man Utd plus a better structure, stadium, CEO?, so the Spurs job will be a better vessel to judge Jose on than Man Utd ever was.

• Like 1