Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, Koke said:

If the Arsenal board had any ambition and brains they would sack Emery and get Poch in immediately. Poch knows how to build a good team and play good football. 

I think Poch has said in the past he would never go to Arsenal or Barca. 

I think Poch realises anyway how toxic it is at the club right now and he is actually better than Arsenal at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wolves must be kicking themselves for all those draws at the start of the season, the top 4 is there for the taking for someone this season. Still early days but I'd be very frustrated if I were them. European qualification again though would be decent. 

Wolves are better than Arsenal and United but unfortunately for them Jose will rejuvenate Spurs and will get them 5th at minimum. So I predict 6th for Wolves which tbf would be a great achievement for them.

I agree though, all those draws against Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle, Palace were wasted opportunities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Who will finish top 6

Liverpool 

Man City

Leicester City 

Chelsea 

Spurs 

Wolves 

Discuss.

Swap us with Chelsea and you've got your top 6.

All depends on who gets fired / who comes in for the usual suspects.

16 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's does kind of show how bollocks the table is this year when a few weeks ago wolves were in the relegation discussion after being bottom for about 7 games lol

proper championship vibes about the league this year. spurs were 14th this time yesterday but if they put a run together they could get a play off place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Koke said:

The level of brainless pundits amazes me. There is a good nuanced conversation to be had about Arsenal. About their shape, lack of pressing, the quality of their players, the tactics of Emery, the recruitment etc. But what does Paul Ince retort to;

"BuT tHe fAnS WaNtEd WeNgEr OuT"

Football debate in mainstream media is tragic.

The only problem I can see with what Ince said is that he didn't go far enough. The fans hounded Wenger out after 20 years thinking they deserved someone better that will achieve right away. Newsflash Gooners: Emery has proven pedigree in the Europa League but he can't work miracles with your grotesque squad, even though he got you to a Europa League final in his first season. Stop being so entitled, be a bit more ****ing humble, and be patient, and you might see Emery achieving something.

Alternatively just sack him now and go on a managerial rollercoaster until Henry has enough experience. We all know it's going to happen.

Arsenal could be in big trouble this summer if they don’t get any European football as auba will go and lacazzette they need a whole new defence and midfield so that will cost way to much to do in 1or 2 windows. Top 4 could be made up of 2 new teams this season which would be good as long as we are one of them. There is going to be a few teams looking to re build in the summer so Europe of some kind is a must for next season to keep the likes of madders and co from leaving. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Arsenal could be in big trouble this summer if they don’t get any European football as auba will go and lacazzette they need a whole new defence and midfield so that will cost way to much to do in 1or 2 windows. Top 4 could be made up of 2 new teams this season which would be good as long as we are one of them. There is going to be a few teams looking to re build in the summer so Europe of some kind is a must for next season to keep the likes of madders and co from leaving. 

Who's paying Aubameyang whatever he's on at Arsenal as well as a transfer fee though? He's not getting any younger, good as he is I don't think he'll be as in demand as people like to think. 

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

If aubameyang was in demand he wouldn't have gone to arsenal, think hes more likely do to an ozil take another massive contract and not really do owt 

Rumours from Spain suggest that Barca are looking at him as well Laurata Martinez (probably butchered that) as a replacement for Suarez. Although Auba and Suarez are nothing alike. I was hoping they would have a go at poaching Bobby ‘my teeth are dangerously white’ Firminho to really fcuk up the media and the fa’s Favourites 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Swap us with Chelsea and you've got your top 6.

All depends on who gets fired / who comes in for the usual suspects.

Imo we are better than Chelsea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Who's paying Aubameyang whatever he's on at Arsenal as well as a transfer fee though? He's not getting any younger, good as he is I don't think he'll be as in demand as people like to think. 

Depends how desperate he is to leave I’m sure he would take a pay cut he will still get a fair wedge from someone. Even if he stays at arsenal unless they improve there midfield quality he won’t have a big impact as they would like. Contract ends 2021 so someone might be able to get him for a reasonable fee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The only problem I can see with what Ince said is that he didn't go far enough. The fans hounded Wenger out after 20 years thinking they deserved someone better that will achieve right away. Newsflash Gooners: Emery has proven pedigree in the Europa League but he can't work miracles with your grotesque squad, even though he got you to a Europa League final in his first season. Stop being so entitled, be a bit more ****ing humble, and be patient, and you might see Emery achieving something.

Alternatively just sack him now and go on a managerial rollercoaster until Henry has enough experience. We all know it's going to happen.

I cant wait for Arsenal to eventually appoint Henry somewhere down the line, it will be a total car crash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Koke said:

Strong rumours that West Ham are lining up Rafa Benitez to replace Pellegrini this week. Such a lazy typical appointment, as was Pellegrini in the first place.

I don’t believe that Karen and the dildo brothers will ever enjoy success at that place