Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Watching the Burnley game the atmosphere is louder on commentary than in the stadium atmosphere lol

Have they only put microphones near the big clubs fans? Cos in commentary you can clearly hear the Burnley fans but there's nothing in the stadium atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Every time the camera pans onto Moss, he takes up the whole of my screen.

Yeah the fat bastard 

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Actually think Fletcher is alright, just hasnt been blessed with decent co commentators.

He's either great or absolutely infuriating. Lately his lack of knowledge on teams outside the top 6 has really annoyed me. His need to try to make sound clips, similar with Martin Tyler is irritating too.

From the looks of it, the initial message of bad language etc when entering the football means the commentator isn't forced to apologise for swearing. Which is bloody great

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's either great or absolutely infuriating. Lately his lack of knowledge on teams outside the top 6 has really annoyed me. His need to try to make sound clips, similar with Martin Tyler is irritating too.

Fair enough if you don’t like him but I’m not having lack of knowledge as a reason. 

This amazon football is the future, pick what match you want etc. Just need them to get Saturday 3 o’clock matches and they’ll make a killing.

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Drinkwater having a pretty bad start to this game

Forgot he was playing. De Bruyne outshining the whole of Burnley's midfield really.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Drinkwater having a pretty bad start to this game

That’s what happens when Kante aint next to ya

Edited by Unabomber

8 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Fair enough if you don’t like him but I’m not having lack of knowledge as a reason. 

Champions league, one of the worlds biggest club cup competitions, Man City vs Atalanta. He's slating them and comes out with "they surely can't be this bad normally" and other comments that just show he hasn't done homework on anything about Atalanta. 

Maybe lack of knowledge was a poor phrase, aspects where he's clearly not looked into an area when he should be given the level he's commentating at

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Champions league, one of the worlds biggest club cup competitions, Man City vs Atlanta. He's slating them and comes out with "they surely can't be this bad normally" and other comments that just show he hasn't done homework on anything about Atlanta. 

Maybe lack of knowledge was a poor phrase, aspects where he's clearly not looked into an area when he should be given the level he's commentating at

At least he probably got the name of the team right :ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lildave3 said:

At least he probably got the name of the team right :ph34r:

Lol not my best moment, but im not paid large sums to commentate on football 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Champions league, one of the worlds biggest club cup competitions, Man City vs Atlanta. He's slating them and comes out with "they surely can't be this bad normally" and other comments that just show he hasn't done homework on anything about Atlanta. 

I think part of the problem is people like Gary Neville being so successful on co-coms. He openly states that when he started he was too polished, and he was shit. So he stripped it right back and just started talking as if he was watching the game sat at home with Phil or anyone else. In my view it’s made it fashionable to just say whatever you feel like whilst trying to summarise a game and now everyone is having a go at it. Works for Neville, because the bloke is clearly fairly switched on anyway and is still making coherent points whilst giving a true reflection of his opinion. Macca just comes across as a tool. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1