Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I’m confused by all this sole rights to show matches live mullarkey. Like most on here I thought it was Amazon Prime or nothing but  while flicking through channels found that the station Premier Sports 1 which is channel 412 on my Sky box was showing the Burnley Man City game live....This is the same channel that regularly has live coverage of one of the 3pm Saturday matches. They are advertising that they have live coverage tomorrow of Man Utd v Spurs   The merseyside derby on Premier Sports 2 plus choice of 4 other matches thru red button tomorrow night Hopefully includes our game . It’s obviously an Irish channel  as the panel in the studio consisted of John Giles,Liam Brady and Eampn Dunphy.....like a throwback to the old RTÉ panel of few years ago.

Anyway  just posting this as a heads up to any other foxes fans in Ireland who might not be aware there is alternative to Amazon Prime.....Be interesting to see what their schedule of games is on 26th ..

bournemouth lose again. atrocious club. 

only 51 wins and 286 goals conceded in 5 seasons since they came up. no team who's been in the league for those 5 seasons has conceded more or won less. when is someone going to properly stick it to eddie howe and his absolute shithouse set of players instead of trying to get him top 4 jobs and even worse, the england job. and he looks like a gimp. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, trabuch said:

**** me. Palace are 5th! We really are going to get a CL place.

Yep, and if United and Spurs draw and we beat watford, that would open up a 14 point gap. That would be absolutely huge, and would need a huge downturn in form from us to not get top 4 from that position.  Still less than half way through the season though so I'm not getting too excited just yet. 

Bournemouth have average PL resources and produce average PL results. That's what they are really, just average, masked by the fact they're historically a lower league club.

They're inoffensive but I wouldn't miss them in the slightest if they went down to be honest.

They also have blood on their hands for pouring millions upon millions into Liverpool for absolute garbage. They've effectively paid for Salah and Mane.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

**** me. Palace are 5th! We really are going to get a CL place.

Tottenham is by far the biggest threat to that.  Too much season left to be gloating over anything.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

Bournemouth are what they are. As @Dan LCFC said they have average resources and produce average results. But Eddie Howe needs to be called out for signing flop after flop, wasting millions. He also needs to be called out for his total disregard and disrespect to the domestic cups. And he cant organise a defence to save his life. 

5 years in the Premier League and Howe still hasn't evolved. He should be nowhere near a bigger club. Not even Everton or Leicester. AFC Bournemouth is his level. 

I don't really understand why :

1. Sancho would go to Dortmund to better his career but then choose to go to Liverpool. 

2. The media has such a boner for Sancho going to Liverpool. 

He doesn't improve their starting 11, he actively makes it worse, so he's not the "missing piece" and it'll stunt his development while he sits and watches Mane and Salah play every week. 

If ever a team didn't need an extra wide attacker it was Liverpool. What am I missing? (Yeah yeah I know, other than obvious hype.) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Decent start to amazon's football streaming imo. Flawless through both games. Hopefully just as good tomorrow when there is more games on at the same time.

Really is past time we were able to watch all prem games online. Makes no logical sense that I can move to canada and watch leicester play every week but can't watch them in leicester. Plus with focused programming from amazon, without having to pay for shite fillers, they could keep the costs well below sky's scandalous levels. Time for the future.

Except it was approximately 40 seconds behind play compared to Sky/BT’s 4 seconds 

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Decent start to amazon's football streaming imo. Flawless through both games. Hopefully just as good tomorrow when there is more games on at the same time.

Really is past time we were able to watch all prem games online. Makes no logical sense that I can move to canada and watch leicester play every week but can't watch them in leicester. Plus with focused programming from amazon, without having to pay for shite fillers, they could keep the costs well below sky's scandalous levels. Time for the future.

Skys hegmony over broadcasting football is coming to an end. It still might cling on for a while but its being eroded. It just seems very tired and cliched to me  

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really understand why :

1. Sancho would go to Dortmund to better his career but then choose to go to Liverpool. 

2. The media has such a boner for Sancho going to Liverpool. 

He doesn't improve their starting 11, he actively makes it worse, so he's not the "missing piece" and it'll stunt his development while he sits and watches Mane and Salah play every week. 

If ever a team didn't need an extra wide attacker it was Liverpool. What am I missing? (Yeah yeah I know, other than obvious hype.) 

Kind of agree with you here but I guess some counter arguments are that Sancho seems to have fallen out with the Dortmund hierarchy, turning up late for training several times and the other being if they don’t sign him another English club will.

I really hope they don’t get him because Liverpool strengthening their squad is the last thing we need! But I suppose they will look at it and not want to miss out on him if he goes to either Chelsea or Man U. His stats for Dortmund are something else and whilst the ego stuff coming from the club is disheartening, his ability is not in any doubt. He’d walk into our team even in our current form!

Edited by StriderHiryu

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Top class from the BBC

image.png.2cb4ff3e985d48145b6a4e799edc0b1b.png

It used to piss me off how they'd almost exclude us from any talk on the gap between Liverpool and Man City, as if we're just keep 2nd place warm for Man City.

But tbh, **** 'em. We know we're playing good football, the league knows it too. We don't need validation from the media, lets just do what we do well and cause an upset again. Lets ruin the european coefficient again 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh he's a cracking player and he's almost certainly leaving Dortmund. I just don't see Liverpool making sense as a destination. 

i dont see where he fits into that team. Salah, Mane and Firmino arent going anywhere anytime soon. He doesnt deplace any of them yet either.

• Like 1