Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

20 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

My stream stutters for the first five seconds or so when it starts, but then it seems fine. I'm watching using the Prime Video app on a BT box.

Ahh. I'm trying via the app on my Panasonic tv, but heard that streaming via some TVs dont work. Then plugged in my amazon fire and cant launch the games from the firestick. No errors this time. Just no page to start the games. Ideas?

Just now, Manini said:

I think part of the problem is people like Gary Neville being so successful on co-coms. He openly states that when he started he was too polished, and he was shit. So he stripped it right back and just started talking as if he was watching the game sat at home with Phil or anyone else. In my view it’s made it fashionable to just say whatever you feel like whilst trying to summarise a game and now everyone is having a go at it. Works for Neville, because the bloke is clearly fairly switched on anyway. Macca just comes across as a tool. 

That's a spot on description tbh.

Neville is fairly switched on and knows what he's on about and minus the occasional United bias, normally speaks spot on. Probably helps he has experience in every part of the game; academy's, playing, coaching and owning clubs. 

And you're right, others try to copy that style ,as with Macca, and sound like bloody idiots. Doesn't help macca can't separate his Liverpool bias from anything though 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Ahh. I'm trying via the app on my Panasonic tv, but heard that streaming via some TVs dont work. Then plugged in my amazon fire and cant launch the games from the firestick. No errors this time. Just no page to start the games. Ideas?

Other than giving up and watching it on a phone or tablet, I'm afraid not. I've just tried watching it on my phone and it's pretty good. You can view stats and the line-ups live as the game is going on, and scroll through the highlights and rewatch selected clips.

Might be one for the unpopular opinions thread but saves that the Nick Pope one earlier are bigged up a lot more than they should be, basically just stays in the way and you would question his positioning if he was anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Other than giving up and watching it on a phone or tablet, I'm afraid not. I've just tried watching it on my phone and it's pretty good. You can view stats and the line-ups live as the game is going on, and scroll through the highlights and rewatch selected clips.

A friend of mine is watching a full HD stream with no lagging (ooerr). Drinkwaters first game in 21 months.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I love goals like Jesus’ - those that seem so slow, just hang in the air, curving beyond the keeper - just lovely.

Very funny.

What I find funny is that if its Jesus its sublime / lovely, if its Grealish ITS SENSATIONAL!!!!

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Amazon Prime has potential for Saturday 3PMs if the blackout was lifted.

Fans who aren't at the game find illegal streams half the time anyway. Think this is a suitable alternative to BT/Sky.

I wonder if this streaming service isn't part of the blackout...