Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I wonder if this streaming service isn't part of the blackout...

According to the Athletic, the PL brass very deliberately created this 20 game midweek-plus-Boxing Day package to create an opportunity for the big streaming media players.

[Amazon] broke the BT Sport and Sky duopoly on domestic Premier League rights by picking up one of the two packages of games that were designed, gift-wrapped and signposted for one or more of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google or Netflix to scrap over.

As it happened, the fight failed to break out in February last year, when the league sold the five most valuable packages to its traditional partners, but Amazon did eventually take the opportunity to plant its flag in another market — and risk falling flat on its face.

The argument for the former is that for a relatively small outlay, Amazon has won the rights to two sets of midweek fixtures, one of them over a bank holiday, for the next three campaigns. The precise figure has never been released but BT paid £90 million for a similar package .

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's a minor grievance but I don't like that you can't just switch games on the screen you're already on.

You have to exit that game, go back to menu, and then select. All of which takes in loading/buffering. 

If you're watching online just open 2 tabs.

16 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Amazon Prime has potential for Saturday 3PMs if the blackout was lifted.

Fans who aren't at the game find illegal streams half the time anyway. Think this is a suitable alternative to BT/Sky.

I don’t understand why we’re still following the 3pm blackout rule to be honest. According to google it was created in the 1960s! There has to be another solution because streaming is clearly the future. Maybe Amazon has the potential to replace BT/Sky entirely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

The FA's insistence that showing 3pm games hurts attendances is nonsense too. The Bundesliga for example has had every game available for years now and they have some of the best attendances in Europe. 

Are their prices more favourable than ours? 

Just now, The Bear said:

The FA's insistence that it hurts attendances is nonsense too. The Bundrsliga for example has had every game available for years now and they have some of the best attendances in Europe. 

The Bundesliga also have some of the lowest ticket prices in Europe though (I think) - I agree with you it would mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but it’s probably cheaper to go the game than watch it on the telly in Germany! 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Must admit, I do not watch Zaha much,  but he looks like sh!te from the 5 minutes I have spent watching him :ph34r:

Just now, cstrafe said:

That's an 80M winger you're talking about there.

Overated and no where near £80m, but then neither was our Harry 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

The FA's insistence that showing 3pm games hurts attendances is nonsense too. The Bundesliga for example has had every game available for years now and they have some of the best attendances in Europe. 

Isn’t the argument that it will affect lower league attendances though? As in fans will just think **** it we will watch the prem game instead of going to Stockport