Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Like standing by the corner flag when a shot goes in from around the penalty spot ??.  We left that nonsense behind decades ago 

Like someone standing in the pen area but not doing anything but the defenders and goal keeper plus the officials will be having to keep an eye on them :P

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Not a bad shout, but it takes VAR long enough as it is. That’s one reason why I think it should just be left as it is. We need to stay consistent because people will then start moaning ‘last season that would/wouldn’t have been a goal’ and all the rest. 

Maybe if VAR was proven to be used quicker then it might work

Yeah it needs to be quicker, how many times have people watched a game seen the replay a couple of times and made a decision 

it’s like the Mahrez incident the other day, you could see straight away his foot had been stood on which is currently deemed a foul this season 

VAR looked at it for a full 3 minutes to make the same decision 

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I can't help but think if villa go down, he could well end up here. I think they will have to accept well less than the quoted 40 million this time, he won't want to spend another season in the Championship, his biggest suitor (spurs) now unlikely to go for him.

And his little bromance with madders and chilwell, could all lead to us getting him for closer to 20/25 million. He would give us something a little different as he Carries the ball a little quicker than madders. Although thought madders was good when he came on yesterday.

Absolutely no chance Grealish goes for 20/25m.

They'll want £60m, someone will offer £40m and they'll agree somewhere in between. I'd love him here, he's top quality. 

• Like 1

Moyes did save West Ham from a similar position 2 years ago so you can see why they have gone for him again.

But West Ham are such a laughing stock of a football club with their athletics stadium, scattergun transfer policy and clueless ownership.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn’t mind that, each team has a couple of players at least that would be worth having a look at in the summer: 

Grealish

Mings (meh could do worse for centre back cover I guess) 

Jamal Lewis if Fuchs departs as an understudy for Chilwell 

Cantwell + Buendia possibly but not sure 

Ake 

Callum Wilson 

Some decent players there, Grealish the standout one and Ake and Wilson good too. Pukki would make the list but with Kel at the minute playing the way he is I don’t think he’s necessary.

TLDR: “I’d be happy to see Leicester go backwards”

Just now, st albans fox said:

That’s a different debate ....you inferred anywhere on the pitch by saying get rid of ‘interfering with play’

Alright then Mr pedant, if you are in the penalty box and in an offside position but not interfering with play you should automatically be offside :P

53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sometimes I think they are parodies man. I saw this from Ian Marshall yesterday:

It's comedy. I don't get why there's so much emphasis on British managers as if they are the only people who "know the league".

Guardiola and Klopp had never played or managed in the league before they came here and have since made it like they went to Scotland to manage Celtic and Rangers. 

It's all bullshit a bit like 'Arry Redknapp discrediting all these staticians who think they know a player as "all a load of rubbish".  The likes of panelists on Sky like Cottee, etc are just dinosaurs who the game has passed by. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Guardiola and Klopp had never played or managed in the league before they came here and have since made it like they went to Scotland to manage Celtic and Rangers. 

It's all bullshit a bit like 'Arry Redknapp discrediting all these staticians who think they know a player as "all a load of rubbish".  The likes of panelists on Sky like Cottee, etc are just dinosaurs who the game has passed by. 

The managers are one part of the problem, short-term thinking by the respective boards the other.

What Klopp and Guardiola have going in their favour is patience and time. West Ham are notoriously bad for not giving managers enough time to put their stamp on the style of play and to bring in the necessary reinforcements.

Look at what Liverpool and Manchester City have been able to accomplish in the space of 48 months.

Similar situation at Watford until now, I hope Pearson is allowed to stay there for a few years.

12 hours ago, Super_horns said:

So far so good ofcouse !

Certainly improved the form of a few players.

I love Nigel Pearson, an absolute legend. I think (and hope) Watford do amazingly now. I think West Ham will be gutted that they have missed a trick on Big Nige. One of my favorite LCFC managers, a big catalyst to our recent successes.  

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You think signing one of Grealish, Callum Wilson or Ake is going backwards? Or a young prospect like Cantwell or Lewis if we lose players in there positions?

Anybody who thinks Grealish is a prospective signing is either on supergreat medication or suffering from a serious cranial trauma. The fact that you can write this after his display yesterday would indicate I may be wrong, you could be permanently drunk instead. If so, well done to your liver as it’s working harder than your brain.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Is this shat he said ? 

I like TC but this is the most yer da thing I've heard in a long time.

IMG_20191229_113328.thumb.jpg.6477b75daea6624b85a3cec186523bc1.jpg

If they want someone who knows the club inside out and will give them passion on the sidelines they should go for Julian Dicks.

Be great when they get relegated and you see “Dicks out!” Banners all over east London and 40 odd thousand chanting it on a Saturday afternoon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It should be daylight, or at very least look at the feet, where are you both standing when the balls played. Non of this arm put to knee rubbish.

I think this is the best idea, VAR can only change a decision based on where on the pitch the feet are placed. Surely then they could make it very accurate and it would provide something tangible to view in terms of 'clear and obvious' or 'daylight' (as there is only so far any human can lean before falling). 

1 hour ago, twister said:

VAR was summed up yesterday by the leicester players barley celebrating the 1st goal

they were all nervousley jogging over eyes looking at the officials.

Its taking the joy out of the game.

Surely this is easy to sort out, why don't linesmen/women have the same technology on their wrist that tells the referee the ball has crossed the line for a goal? e.g. right wrist ball has crossed the line for a throw in their half, left wrist ball has crossed the at their end for a goal kick (keep the cross the line for a goal to the ref only)?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

I think this is the best idea, VAR can only change a decision based on where on the pitch the feet are placed. Surely then they could make it very accurate and it would provide something tangible to view in terms of 'clear and obvious' or 'daylight' (as there is only so far any human can lean before falling). 

Agree 100%.  There will be anomalies where the feet are onside but a player scores with their (offside) head but I prefer that to when a player scores with their feet but it is disallowed for an offside armpit.  Easier to check as well.  Also tell the Assistant Refs once and for all the keep their f*$%ing flags down unless they are absolutely certain it is offside.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goober said:

Grealish is a quality footballer. People don't rate him because he passed out pissed up in the street once and has a nancyboy haircut.

If Villa go down he'll be snapped up by one of the big boys. 

I don’t think anyone doubts his talent and most of us can forgive his past behaviour, haircut etc but I would have concerns about his attitude.  The minute things go wrong he runs around like a headless chicken badgering the ref and looking for someone to kick.  Maybe Brendan could coach that side out of him, who knows?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

I don’t think anyone doubts his talent and most of us can forgive his past behaviour, haircut etc but I would have concerns about his attitude.  The minute things go wrong he runs around like a headless chicken badgering the ref and looking for someone to kick.  Maybe Brendan could coach that side out of him, who knows?

Mentally weak with a massive dose of petulance, Grealish was born to be a perennial loser with the likes of Spurs. 

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

Any offside should be decided on the position of a players feet.

What if the player is leaning forward as he makes a run and then goes on to score with his head, which would have been ruled offside if that part of his body was ahead of the last defender?

8 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

I think Grealish is the perfect option for us if we want to improve the starting 11 in place of Barnes. It’d probably take 50+ in January though.

worth 50 Millions in my eyes. He puts in 100% effort and makes a difference in every game he plays.