Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If I hear the term "armpit offside" one more time this season I'm gonna drive to the nearest TV studio with a pickaxe. 

Yeah that term makes no sense because to be Pedantic about it you can’t score with your armpit 

what they are really Trying to measure is the player’s shoulder 

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

Tony Cottee with the insight- apparently West Ham need someone who knows the league. 

Having just sacked a manager who won the league.

Is this shat he said ? 

I like TC but this is the most yer da thing I've heard in a long time.

IMG_20191229_113328.thumb.jpg.6477b75daea6624b85a3cec186523bc1.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Is this shat he said ? 

I like TC but this is the most yer da thing I've heard in a long time.

IMG_20191229_113328.thumb.jpg.6477b75daea6624b85a3cec186523bc1.jpg

"a so-called top foreign manager" to describe Pellegrini is pretty embarrassing.  Who thought it was a good idea to type out and publish this sentiment?

And of course, he should say a "soi-disant" top foreign manager.   :ph34r:

Sometimes I think they are parodies man. I saw this from Ian Marshall yesterday:

It's comedy. I don't get why there's so much emphasis on British managers as if they are the only people who "know the league".

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah that term makes no sense because to be Pedantic about it you can’t score with your armpit 

what they are really Trying to measure is the player’s shoulder 

Any offside should be decided on the position of a players feet.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sometimes I think they are parodies man. I saw this from Ian Marshall yesterday:

It's comedy. I don't get why there's so much emphasis on British managers as if they are the only people who "know the league".

Liked Marshall as a player but there's no doubt he's a bloody tool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Any offside should be decided on the position of a players feet.

Prefer the daylight between forward and defender as that gives the attacking team the edge as any measure is going to end up potentially having marginal decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Prefer the daylight between forward and defender as that gives the attacking team the edge as any measure is going to end up potentially having marginal decisions.

Then you get the a whole host of problems in defining 'daylight' a gap between certain body parts, a gap between the entire body? Either way you'd still end up zooming looking for that mm of light between the attacker and the defender.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Moyes going back?! 

Where did he get them last time he was there? 

He'll keep them up like he did last time, pretty sure he did alright actually, leave and then they'll get someone bigger in, spend cash, get sacked and it goes round....

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

The rules are what they are and it’s the same for everyone on offsides, it’s not subjective like penalty’s where big club bias comes in (as we’ve seen 4 times this season vs ourselves) so don’t see why people get annoyed about the offsides. 

If it was done by where player’s feet are and then he scores with a part of his body which is offside then people would be moaning saying it should be done how it is now.

Agree. Header in the box for example where the attacker has dived forward in front of the defender is deffo offside. I think what most find frustrating is when a player is  not in an immediate scoring position but say provides an assist to an onside player yet then disallowed for the assisting player being a mm  offside due to a kneecap. Spurs “goal” at kp is a perfect example when Son was deemed offside in the build up. Pukki had no real advantage and still had all the work to do. Nacho against Everton similar but different result. I really think it’s the rule that needs changing but not sure where the line should be and that’s the problem.

If linesman’s kept the flag down it could easily be the part of the body you played the ball with. In the Pukki instance he played the ball with his feet which were onside when the balk was played. If a player scores a header we look at where there head is. Hey just an idea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefoxtim said:

Then you get the a whole host of problems in defining 'daylight' a gap between certain body parts, a gap between the entire body? Either way you'd still end up zooming looking for that mm of light between the attacker and the defender.

Considering the rule was to stop goal hanging, it would make it much simpler to just say, both bodies are overlapping when the ball is put through, onside.

All this feet, elbows, knees and toes stuff is pedantry in my opinion and if you are in an offside position but aren't interfering with play, you are offside.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Considering the rule was to stop goal hanging, it would make it much simpler to just say, both bodies are overlapping when the ball is put through, onside.

All this feet, elbows, knees and toes stuff is pedantry in my opinion and if you are in an offside position but aren't interfering with play, you are offside.

Like standing by the corner flag when a shot goes in from around the penalty spot ??.  We left that nonsense behind decades ago 

12 minutes ago, Bluefoxtim said:

That's what I said but this way it gives the advantage to the forward.

Really want villa to go down again they were horrible against us once they couldn’t match us and grielish was a dirty little shit. Hey may end up with more assist or goals than Maddison but that is because we don’t rely on Maddison to do every thing we have other players that will score and create for us where as villa rely on him to do everything. Shame norwhich can’t defend as that would have been a great result for them if it wasn’t for the silly tackle in the box 

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If linesman’s kept the flag down it could easily be the part of the body you played the ball with. In the Pukki instance he played the ball with his feet which were onside when the balk was played. If a player scores a header we look at where there head is. Hey just an idea

He controlled the ball with his chest which is closely attached to the armpit that was offside ....it could have touched that armpit .........just saying ......