Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I think Norwich might survive. I genuinely hope they do.

How lovely is it to be able to choose which clubs you'd like to stay up? We really have come a long way in 5 years.:scarf:

(Sorry to quote myself - but it just struck me - what a change. Now I'm worrying about top 4 - what a fantastically run club)

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol at Grealish.  Can't stand him but seeing him easily wound up and fouled without anything given speaks volumes.  

I honestly think he’s proper overrated. He looks good because the rest of the team is so poor . Proper big fish in a small pond situation 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Langston said:

Watched this game earlier, and I'll never get over how funny it was when Watford used an injured player to keep Deeney on side.

Especially when it's the same little turd that about crippled Ricardo the other week.

Were also perfectly justified in doing so. Villa had the ball, didn't put it out and then gave the ball away. Their own stupid fault. I think any instance where the opposition has a player down, they have the ball, don't put it out, then we get it and put it out infuriates me not far off as much as conceding a goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yesterday was the final nail in the coffin for me as far as VAR is concerned. That's not football! The Pukki one in particular is a disgrace

I agree

How can anything in football be a good thing when it’s used primarily to STOP goals being scored?

Thats why football fans watch football.. to follow their teams and to see goals being scored.

God knows how many VAR has chalked off already this season because someone’s knee is a mm in front.

It’s got to be seriously looked at but alas, will be here to stay

• Like 2

Didn't it used to be daylight between the attacker and last defender. 

Mind you since I've been watching football it the law has changed a 100s  (intended exaggeration) of times and each time it seems to make it worse like many others they've changed.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Didn't it used to be daylight between the attacker and last defender. 

Mind you since I've been watching football it the law has changed a 100s  (intended exaggeration) of times and each time it seems to make it worse like many others they've changed.

The thing is it is the offside rule that is wrong not VAR, VAR is simply giving a factual decision.

However close it is matters not, VAR tells the truth. You have to have a cut off somewhere.

If someone fails a drink drive test by 1ml of breath they are not let off because it is so close, the cut off has to be somewhere. 
The offside law needs to change, not VAR.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

The thing is it is the offside rule that is wrong not VAR, VAR is simply giving a factual decision.

However close it is matters not, VAR tells the truth. You have to have a cut off somewhere.

If someone fails a drink drive test by 1ml of breath they are not let off because it is so close, the cut off has to be somewhere. 
The offside law needs to change, not VAR.

That's what i was suggesting by saying it gets worse everytime they change it like the handball situation.

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I honestly think he’s proper overrated. He looks good because the rest of the team is so poor . Proper big fish in a small pond situation 

I can't help but think if villa go down, he could well end up here. I think they will have to accept well less than the quoted 40 million this time, he won't want to spend another season in the Championship, his biggest suitor (spurs) now unlikely to go for him.

And his little bromance with madders and chilwell, could all lead to us getting him for closer to 20/25 million. He would give us something a little different as he Carries the ball a little quicker than madders. Although thought madders was good when he came on yesterday.

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree

How can anything in football be a good thing when it’s used primarily to STOP goals being scored?

Thats why football fans watch football.. to follow their teams and to see goals being scored.

God knows how many VAR has chalked off already this season because someone’s knee is a mm in front.

It’s got to be seriously looked at but alas, will be here to stay

It shouldn't be used for situations such as that, it wasn't brought in (from my understanding) to judge whether a forward's knee is offside by a mm.

I was against it prior to the season starting but now, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, it needs serious improvement.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Corky said:

Tony Cottee with the insight- apparently West Ham need someone who knows the league. 

Having just sacked a manager who won the league.

“Knows the club/league” is such a load is shit