Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

What if the player is leaning forward as he makes a run and then goes on to score with his head, which would have been ruled offside if that part of his body was ahead of the last defender?

Maybe make it both head and feet. Both easy to check and are the most relevant scoring body parts. Can’t lean forward much if both head and feet need to be onside. As long as it gets rid of the dumb shoulder/armpit/arm thing.

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

Maybe make it both head and feet. Both easy to check and are the most relevant scoring body parts. Can’t lean forward much if both head and feet need to be onside. As long as it gets rid of the dumb shoulder/armpit/arm thing.

albrighton at a disadvantage - that’s not fair !! 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Absolutely no chance Grealish goes for 20/25m.

They'll want £60m, someone will offer £40m and they'll agree somewhere in between. I'd love him here, he's top quality. 

They may want 60 but they wont be in position to demand it. He will want to leave, his agent will want him to go. They aren't in the position to strengthen in jan according to a lot of villa fans so relegation will mean a fire sale.

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

What if the player is leaning forward as he makes a run and then goes on to score with his head, which would have been ruled offside if that part of his body was ahead of the last defender?

That's a fair point but the line should be at ground level, then we would not have the situation we have now, if your foot is in front of the line then it's off. Var would then be clear.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

The rules are what they are and it’s the same for everyone on offsides, it’s not subjective like penalty’s where big club bias comes in (as we’ve seen 4 times this season vs ourselves) so don’t see why people get annoyed about the offsides. 

If it was done by where player’s feet are and then he scores with a part of his body which is offside then people would be moaning saying it should be done how it is now.

But then you could also argue that if a players feet are behind the last defender but his head is slightly forward and he goes on to score with his foot, is the offside call fair? 

24 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Further proof VAR doesn't have to be this complicated...

This needs to happen. It's a great addition for rugby and would do wonders to earn back respect for officials. At the very least it would humanise them to fans.

Any idea if this was conversation was broadcast live?

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

This needs to happen. It's a great addition for rugby and would do wonders to earn back respect for officials. At the very least it would humanise them to fans.

The thing is that our officials are desperate to be part of the game and not officiate it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Is this shat he said ? 

I like TC but this is the most yer da thing I've heard in a long time.

IMG_20191229_113328.thumb.jpg.6477b75daea6624b85a3cec186523bc1.jpg

Yes, that was it. Pellegrini has worked in this league for 4 and a half years, and I didn't hear too many people complaining when they finished quite well last season or were 5th in September.

I mean, if they'd appointed Chris Wilder in July, would he have been given the "doesn't know the league" tag despite not managing in it until August?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

As far as I’m aware the A-league release the audio for stuff like this afterwards. They did another clip the other day interviewing the ref who had overturned decisions using VAR and his reasoning behind it. Transparency makes all the difference.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yesterday was the final nail in the coffin for me as far as VAR is concerned. That's not football! The Pukki one in particular is a disgrace

I just cannot get on board with it. They're ruling goals out you'd never have batted an eyelid at.

The Pukki one is just absurd. How can anybody come to the conclusion that is definitively offside?

Something tells me this season will forever be looked back on as tainted.

• Like 2

It just needs fine tuning ...   if a part of your body is in front then it's offside ...   few tweaks and it will be fine ...    soon though I hope ...

This lad would have to hold back even further ...  download.jpg.b10577f28e5862cfbfe878f85d4c0a79.jpg ....   nature of the beast.

And yes very harsh on Pukki.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

It just needs fine tuning ...   if a part of your body is in front then it's offside ...   few tweaks and it will be fine ...    soon though I hope ...

This lad would have to hold back even further ...  download.jpg.b10577f28e5862cfbfe878f85d4c0a79.jpg ....   nature of the beast.

And yes very harsh on Pukki.

What the **** will they do if Choudhury is caught up in an offside call, where would they draw the line?! lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just cannot get on board with it. They're ruling goals out you'd never have batted an eyelid at.

The Pukki one is just absurd. How can anybody come to the conclusion that is definitively offside?

Something tells me this season will forever be looked back on as tainted.

The thing with goals like the pukki one is them lines are dependent on the moment they think the crosser passed the ball, a fraction to early or a fraction to late and it would change things, half a roll of the ball before they draw them lines and everything changes.

2 hours ago, Bluefoxtim said:

Then you get the a whole host of problems in defining 'daylight' a gap between certain body parts, a gap between the entire body? Either way you'd still end up zooming looking for that mm of light between the attacker and the defender.

Why not do the same as now, but make the two lines wider, say the equivalent of (for example) a ball's width wide. Then the rule becomes it's only offside if the two lines don't meet. 

I'm reading a Carlo Rovelli book at the moment while semi-simultaneously keeping an eye on FT and arguing with someone on WhatsApp about group boiler maintenance discounts, so the above idea has not received 100% of my attention and may be utterly idiotic.

54 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Further proof VAR doesn't have to be this complicated...

This is how it should be implemented.  While we've got a situation where the decision is taken from the referee by the other referee in his VAR booth it comes across as though the power has been taken away from the referee on the pitch.  The referee comes out of it looking far worse and it's leading to the actual standard of refereeing becoming worse, rather than better, under VAR.  

Perhaps FIFA should make it compulsory for the monitors to be used in games.  At the moment it looks as though we're just giving them the middle finger as we know best of course.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1