Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If we finish above wolves next season then we've had a successful season. 

This is probably true, but I'd really like to finish above Everton.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How dare they be an ambitious midlands team wanting to break into the top 6! That's our job! 

Wolves have been great this season and City fans have had to eat crow. I hope they make the top 6 next season finishing just a couple of places behind us.

As much as we’re in very good nick, Wolves have already proved that they’re more likely to break into the top 6. **** loads of money* and leveraging Mendes are things we don’t have.

*We basically spend what we earn, they don’t.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As much as we’re in very good nick, Wolves have already proved that they’re more likely to break into the top 6. **** loads of money* and leveraging Mendes are things we don’t have.

*We basically spend what we earn, they don’t.

Have they?

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Report: Fulham's Sessegnon to snub United move in favor of Spurs
https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/1772785

Oh, how the mighty have fallen  lol

The best part of the article is the hope at which price spurs would want to pay. Dont know if this is true at all but did make me laugh a bit.

"He's valued at 40mill, but they want to pay 25" ? 

That is such a Spurs thing 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Report: Fulham's Sessegnon to snub United move in favor of Spurs
https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/1772785

Oh, how the mighty have fallen  lol

The best part of the article is the hope at which price spurs would want to pay. Dont know if this is true at all but did make me laugh a bit.

From what I saw of him this season, he’s worth nowhere near £40m

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Langston said:

Quite a few people seem a bit petty on here towards Wolves and I've no idea why.

That stadium plan looks bloody great.

Wolves are basically where I hoped we would have been after our title win. 

And I sense the frustration amongst fans that a newly promoted club have got it right at the first time of asking.

Will be interesting to see how they manage with the extra schedule next season but absolutely nothing wrong with showing ambition.

No point criticising from the outside, we've got to be better and we have the resources to do so!

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

This is probably true, but I'd really like to finish above Everton.

Wolves have been great this season and City fans have had to eat crow. I hope they make the top 6 next season finishing just a couple of places behind us.

I hope they make the top 6 next season finishing just 5 places behind us myself.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

From what I saw of him this season, he’s worth nowhere near £40m

To be fair, nobody is. Obscene prices for players. But its more so about your typical spurs discount interest lol.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's young, English and a promising talent. 

There's your 'English' tax 

Pretty much this.

39 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Have they?

Finishing above us in their first season up. FA cup semi and an outstanding record against the top 6. Already (admittedly marginally) spent more on their record signing than we have. Fosun are much more willing to invest than our ownership currently 

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Finishing above us in their first season up. FA cup semi and an outstanding record against the top 6. Already (admittedly marginally) spent more on their record signing than we have. Fosun are much more willing to invest than our ownership currently 

One thing I would say is that if we took our squad (incl. Tielemans) and their squad and repeated this season from scratch with our respective managers, I think we'd finish above them. 

Nuno has them playing pretty good football but they aren't immune to the struggles every team in the league has breaking down bottom half teams being stubborn. 

I personally think Rodgers is more tactically astute than Nuno. 

I agree that they're more likely to spend this summer than we are, though. Fosun are unbelievably wealthy and don't appear to have the patience or restraint that we do. 

That said, we're about to find out if Top and Vichai prioritise transfer spend equally. The consensus is very much that Top is his father's son and it does seem that way but equally the impulsive ambition of youth combined with the fact football always was more Top's game than Vichai's could herald change. 

We're in for a very interesting next 12 months either way. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

One thing I would say is that if we took our squad (incl. Tielemans) and their squad and repeated this season from scratch with our respective managers, I think we'd finish above them. 

Nuno has them playing pretty good football but they aren't immune to the struggles every team in the league has breaking down bottom half teams being stubborn. 

I agree that they're more likely to spend this summer than we are, though. Fosun are unbelievably wealthy and don't appear to have the patience or restraint that we do. 

That said, we're about to find out if Top and Vichai prioritise transfer spend equally. The consensus is very much that Top is his father's son and it does seem that way but equally the impulsive ambition of youth combined with the fact football always was more Top's game than Vichai's could herald change. 

Yeah I hadn’t really factored that in. Wolves’ distinct advantage though is getting in otherwise inaccessible players, we’re working more organically. 

The rivalry between us has definitely been rekindled already though and it’s only going to get more intense 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48276093

lol lol lol

If the "victims" of this were any other club it would never be a news story in the world. The saltiest, most entitled, tragic bunch of cvnts on the planet. 

Surely not the same Liverpool fans that openly mock Man Utd about the Munich disaster? Liverpool fans really are the scummiest in the country by a mile. "Offended by everything, responsible for nothing" should be their club motto.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well they finished above us this season, seems a pretty good indicator to me. 

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Exactly.

They've profited from the fact we spent 6 months of the season with a complete idiot in charge.

I don't have access to the odds but I would be surprised if we're not the most likely club to 'break in' to the top 6 next season.

29 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Surely not the same Liverpool fans that openly mock Man Utd about the Munich disaster? Liverpool fans really are the scummiest in the country by a mile. "Offended by everything, responsible for nothing" should be their club motto.

I've heard some say they can't believe that Man City (the club) have defended the players and that Liverpool would do no such thing.

So imagine my enjoyment when I showed him a picture of the Liverpool players wearing Suarez t-shirts to defend him.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yeah I hadn’t really factored that in. Wolves’ distinct advantage though is getting in otherwise inaccessible players, we’re working more organically. 

The rivalry between us has definitely been rekindled already though and it’s only going to get more intense 

Funny really I don't see them as rivals and I hope we don't try and force some cringey, "local" rivalry with them just to fill a hole. Especially if Villa come up given that's obviously a big deal for them.

I've never seen the Birmingham / Black Country teams as rivals to us, they're more West Country than owt else. 

I almost feel like Wolves 2019 are more kindred spirits than enemies, two young, ambitious squads trying to play good football with Asian investment, challenging the established order. 

Their fans are a bit meltier than ours on social media but then we were probably unbearable too when King Power took over, we were certainly nobs to Swansea fans when we took Sousa and thought we were massive. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Exactly.

They've profited from the fact we spent 6 months of the season with a complete idiot in charge.

I don't have access to the odds but I would be surprised if we're not the most likely club to 'break in' to the top 6 next season.

I think Wookie's point was more that they're more likely to kick on from here and better develop their squad though to be fair. I mean it's pure guess work both ways, none us know, but I think he might be right personally. 

I doubt we invest as much as then plus they've still got uncle Jorge. We're going to have to sign very cleverly to keep pace with them I'd expect. Not impossible but challenging. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think Wookie's point was more that they're more likely to kick on from here and better develop their squad though to be fair. I mean it's pure guess work both ways, none us know, but I think he might be right personally. 

I doubt we invest as much as then plus they've still got uncle Jorge. We're going to have to sign very cleverly to keep pace with them I'd expect. Not impossible but challenging. 

I'd seriously dispute that too.

We've got a very young squad that is in an amazing spot to kick on.

27 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd seriously dispute that too.

We've got a very young squad that is in an amazing spot to kick on.

Um, yeah sure. But still not the point. 

By develop the squad I mean, improve it as a wider while, ie make transfers, bring people in. I don't mean the players we currently have getting better. 

Whilst that's true and I agree, I think we have some terrific young players with room to improve, we've also got some absolutely gaping holes and very little depth.

We're referring to Wolves power to recruit. Hence, like I said, it's obviously guess work but they seem to have a tad more going for them financially / opportunistically. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Um, yeah sure. But still not the point. 

By develop the squad I mean, improve it as a wider while, ie make transfers, bring people in. I don't mean the players we currently have getting better. 

Whilst that's true and I agree, I think we have some terrific young players with room to improve, we've also got some absolutely gaping holes and very little depth.

We're referring to Wolves power to recruit. Hence, like I said, it's obviously guess work but they seem to have a tad more going for them financially / opportunistically. 

Again i'll dispute that by saying players will still chose Champions League/ Big 6 clubs over Wolves.

We're all in the same boat. Us Wolves, West Ham and Everton are all willing to spend shit loads of money.

The Mendes thing is over hyped. It's like Watford's Pozzo link, it gave them a massive advantage in getting players in they'd otherwise have no chance of but I don't see that they'll still be able to get players in that are well above their standing.

it's also unfair not to point out that Wolves have more pressing holes in their side. Our first 11 is absolutely fine.

Edited by AKCJ

13 hours ago, Langston said:

Quite a few people seem a bit petty on here towards Wolves and I've no idea why.

That stadium plan looks bloody great.

I’m not being petty towards wolves it was more the reporter suggesting that an improved stadium will get them top 4 

We had to sell our players and rebuild again, and then again, and again, trying to replace Kante, Mahrez, and in the near future probably Maguire, Chilwell.

It'll be interesting to see how Wolves cope by losing their best players . And Wolves fans can try and big up their ambitions as much as they want but if Chelsea or ManCity come calling for Neves he will go. They're still a mid sized club mike us.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

We had to sell our players and rebuild again, and then again, and again, trying to replace Kante, Mahrez, and in the near future probably Maguire, Chilwell.

It'll be interesting to see how Wolves cope by losing their best players . And Wolves fans can try and big up their ambitions as much as they want but if Chelsea or ManCity come calling for Neves he will go. They're still a mid sized club mike us.

and Mendes would make sure he goes for the signing on bonus. That's the nature of having a big agent like that. The more his players move, the more he gets paid.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Again i'll dispute that by saying players will still chose Champions League/ Big 6 clubs over Wolves.

We're all in the same boat. Us Wolves, West Ham and Everton are all willing to spend shit loads of money.

The Mendes thing is over hyped. It's like Watford's Pozzo link, it gave them a massive advantage in getting players in they'd otherwise have no chance of but I don't see that they'll still be able to get players in that are well above their standing.

it's also unfair not to point out that Wolves have more pressing holes in their side. Our first 11 is absolutely fine.

Makes me laugh when I occasionally go on the Wolves forum and some of them talking about getting that Joao Felix lad... yes he will definitely pass up the chance to go to United, City, Juve etc to go to Wolves

Everton fans are just as bad, if not worse as well