Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

zaha is just a london demarai gray. hardly ever scores, hardly any assists, but puts his head down and runs really fast on MOTD once every 3 months so pundits and other fans alike think he’s capable of starting for a top 4 club. 

I agree he is overrated as ****. He is 26 and this is his best ever goal scoring season with a massive 10 goals. He's got 35 goals in 180 appearances for Palace. It will be a travesty if he goes for more than Mahrez.

Zaha would just be another decent player if he played for us or Everton, but he plays for a club full of rubbish attacking players so he stand a out. 

But tbf to Zaha he does create chances and he is a good dribbler. So he does have certain qualities.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Koke said:

I agree he is overrated as ****. He is 26 and this is his best ever goal scoring season with a massive 10 goals. He's got 35 goals in 180 appearances for Palace. It will be a travesty if he goes for more than Mahrez.

Zaha would just be another decent player if he played for us or Everton, but he plays for a club full of rubbish attacking players so he stand a out. 

But tbf to Zaha he does create chances and he is a good dribbler. So he does have certain qualities.

Assisted five this season.

55 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Assisted five this season.

The fact he's the 'main' guy in the palace team means he gets attention and the hype around him.

He's a brilliant dribbler, but his end product and assists aren't great. Maybe in a team with a decent attacking outlet he'd be able to get into higher numbers. 

I just don't rate him about 40m at most.

Zaha is decent, but not £80m decent. Seems to average around 15 a season in terms of goals and assists, often playing up front. Now I know he doesn't take set pieces which has to be factored in to goal contributions but neither does Tielemans and I honestly think that's the sort of returns Tielemans would provide from central midfield, let alone up front. Palace are a weird team, they seem to struggle yet at the same time should be quite handy and score a lot of goals so yes he might bring more goals at a bigger club but everything considered and his age creeping towards being 30 by the time he was half way through his next contract at another club i'd say his value isn't much more than £50m.

I've just read that back and I sound like one of the estate agents off Homes Under The Hammer.

Zaha needs to stay put. He isn't good enough for the big clubs (to play week in, week out with their lofty expectations) and the bench will hurt his game.  If he goes on a dry spell his career is done. At palace he will start every game.

He is better off going to france then staying in the EPL. Having said that the price tag is a joke

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Zaha would be ok at the likes of Arsenal or Spurs. Would probably get decent game time and no real pressure to win anything

I know that may be a jokey response, but if he goes there he'd be under huge pressure and media attention to perform. A big team spends millions on a player and he needs to turn up 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I know that may be a jokey response, but if he goes there he'd be under huge pressure and media attention to perform. A big team spends millions on a player and he needs to turn up 

You got me

Zaha is a very good player, nobody’s going to match Palace’s valuation though and fair play, they don’t have to sell.

However you can be very sure that if Zaha doesn’t get a move he’ll still work very hard and be content in the Palace dressing room without causing any disruption at all.

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

However you can be very sure that if Zaha doesn’t get a move he’ll still work very hard and be content in the Palace dressing room without causing any disruption at all.

1*RSuZC5ZglLe7zyVcYcrmBA.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I find it a bit rich that people on here are slagging off Zaha when he's ripped us apart on a fair few occasions. 

No one's particular slagging him off, every one just disagreeing with the valuation palace want for him. 

In fact a lot of people are saying he's a good player and could be better in a bigger team. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 11:58, Ian Nacho said:

Chelsea had a friendly in America in the early hours and Loftus-Cheek got injured. Utter madness. Someone needs sacking.

I bet Sarri is absolutely raging. I bet he just wanted to take youth players/reserves but the higher ups put pressure on him. As if the yanks would know the difference. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No one's particular slagging him off, every one just disagreeing with the valuation palace want for him. 

In fact a lot of people are saying he's a good player and could be better in a bigger team. 

Someone called him a 'London Demarai Gray'. If Gray put in anywhere near the level of performances as Zaha, there wouldn't be any question marks over him. In fact if we had Zaha as well as Tielemans I'd 100% back us to finish in the top six. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Someone called him a 'London Demarai Gray'. If Gray put in anywhere near the level of performances as Zaha, there wouldn't be any question marks over him. In fact if we had Zaha as well as Tielemans I'd 100% back us to finish in the top six. 

That's not a particularly bad insult? 

Gray needs to work on his end product, but there's talent there. Same with Zaha, he needs to work on his end product, undoubtedly has talent but is inconsistent which let's him down. 

We may be pushing at top 6 with Zaha and Tielemans, but that sets you back pushing 80-100mill. You'd hope we'd make the step up with that investment.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

they are literally both the same. they both do nothing for months on end. both put in 9/10 performances after months of nothing and it gets flagged up on MOTD and everyone starts having a wank. until last weekend neither had hit double figures for goals or assists. 

the only difference is zaha plays every week and their fans actually like him. he’s rubbish. 

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I find it a bit rich that people on here are slagging off Zaha when he's ripped us apart on a fair few occasions. 

Well that's half the point though. Take out the games against us and he's pretty much putting up the same numbers as Marc Albrighton, only without the graft.

100 million for Zaha. That's 8 million a goal and 4 million for an assist. Using the Zaha metric, our squad worth over half a billion pounds at 612 million. And since according to the Premier League the goal post, and not Kasper, assisted Vardy then one of our goal posts is worth four million.  It's small change really. Your average submarine costs about 300 Wilfred Zaha goals.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

they are literally both the same. they both do nothing for months on end. both put in 9/10 performances after months of nothing and it gets flagged up on MOTD and everyone starts having a wank. until last weekend neither had hit double figures for goals or assists. 

the only difference is zaha plays every week and their fans actually like him. he’s rubbish. 

Gray's only six goals and four assists off Zaha with much, much less game time.

Edited by Foxxed