Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Oh no, I wouldn't call TalkSport total bull. 99.9% bull maybe, but not total bull, no way.

lol in all seriousness it genuinely isn't 99.9% bull. There is some rubbish obviously but you can often see through it. It sounded like Brighton's equivalent of someone at Radio Leicester - not necessarily true but just the rumours amongst them.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Kick it out getting stuck into Brighton after sacking Hughton... got nothing to do with the poor form :ph34r:

Are they actually?

If they can't see how counter-productive this is then they have problems. It's almost like a desperation to look for a problem. Focus on tangible issues.

All of this totally retracted if you were joking btw.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Hazard to Real Madrid. 100m Euros...

And with a transfer ban, how will Chelsea even compete? They have terrible strikers and their best player is leaving.

I'll miss Chris Hughton. Not for his football, which - let's face it - is Godawful. Nor for his interviews, which verge on Puelesque dullness.

I'll miss him for his accent. Especially the way he says 'annie' for 'any'. It's an Irish thing.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

few above joking about how bad Jahanbakhsh was. 

Ghezzal has 3 goals in 23 appearances, so looks as if we got the best of the bad bunch 

I remember a few of our fans fuming we lost out to Brighton for his signature ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Kick it out getting stuck into Brighton after sacking Hughton... got nothing to do with the poor form :ph34r:

Reading their forum and a post states that the women's team manager, the women's team technical director and under-23's assistant are all from a BAME background.

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

few above joking about how bad Jahanbakhsh was. 

Ghezzal has 3 goals in 23 appearances, so looks as if we got the best of the bad bunch 

49 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I remember a few of our fans fuming we lost out to Brighton for his signature ?

To be fair, he got himself injured last November and was out for roughly two months, so always a tough ask to come back into a team that had settled in the meantime.

He was also used only sporadically during the second half of the season.

But yes - maybe he should've still racked up a few goals and assists in the process.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

And with a transfer ban, how will Chelsea even compete? They have terrible strikers and their best player is leaving.

They still have the option to appeal the ban at the CAS.

And even if the ban should be upheld, I suspect a lot of current loanees, especially the highly-touted ones, to return to the parent club in order to bolster the squad.

I mean, just look at this obscene list of names:

1189171410_ChelseaFCLoanees.thumb.png.dee307f32f107aeb8f12bbfc0181995e.png

Pulisic, Morata, Abraham, Piazon, Musonda, Bakayoko, Zouma, Rahman, Miazga, just to name a few.

Spurs did just fine without signing anyone for 18 months.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Have the Brighton board only recently became racist then? Because they clearly weren’t when they gave him a job.

This is one of my biggest things that gets me. If a person isn't doing their job well, then they open themself up for the sack irrelevant of their race or ethnicity. The same goes for hiring people. 

It pisses me off when they start calling them racist.

39 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Have the Brighton board only recently became racist then? Because they clearly weren’t when they gave him a job.

I think they're doing the moral aspect of it correctly by trying to get clubs to consider BAME-background as employees, of course, but can't help but feel that they're being over-the-top on the lack of these ethnicities in the game and shouting about it too much in this example.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

They still have the option to appeal the ban at the CAS.

And even if the ban should be upheld, I suspect a lot of current loanees, especially the highly-touted ones, to return to the parent club in order to bolster the squad.

I mean, just look at this obscene list of names:

1189171410_ChelseaFCLoanees.thumb.png.dee307f32f107aeb8f12bbfc0181995e.png

Pulisic, Morata, Abraham, Piazon, Musonda, Bakayoko, Zouma, Rahman, Miazga, just to name a few.

Spurs did just fine without signing anyone for 18 months.

Spurs were on the up though.

A lot of Chelsea fans think they've got fortunate with 3rd this season because other teams were crap and just because they had Hazard. Spurs also didn't lose their best player(s). Chelsea will be. Much of Chelsea's squad is aging - Luiz, Azpilicueta, Pedro, Willian, Giroud all over 30. Kovacic and Higuain will be returning to Real and Juve respectively.

That's a lot of experience on the loanee list there but not all of them are arguably good enough/ready for a Premier League season - I'd say realistically Pulisic, Abraham, Zouma & Batshuayi (would include Morata too but he's not back til 2020) could be ready to play in their squad next season. All depends on how Sarri feels about them though. He clearly didn't fancy keeping Batshuayi this season.

They'll do well to get 3rd again next season and do well in Europe considering they can't buy anyone til summer 2020.

I'll be very surprised if they finish top 4/get far in Europe.