Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

35 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Riyad wins the lot in his first season. 

And there are people who think he might regret leaving lol

Yeah but every time he looks at those medals he'll remember that in reality he was only a bit part player in securing them. That's not to say he will regret leaving to go there but I guarantee that he got way more satisfaction from being player of the season in a team that achieved the impossible in 2015/16.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

How would he react to seeing the replacement (not a bad one granted) come on, score and win MOTM (I presume he must have had a few assists) and help City score 4 goals.

Surprised Marhez didn't score - usually does against us!

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

??I'm sure this joke's been done to death but Watford brought on someone called Success and then conceded three more goals :thumbup:

I think that just about summed up the gulf between the 2 teams.

Had we'd just been 1-0 down he wouldn't be the answer!

Bournemouth seem to be signing young British talent? - didn't they buy Melpham from Brentford in January. 

Edited by Super_horns

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah but every time he looks at those medals he'll remember that in reality he was only a bit part player in securing them. That's not to say he will regret leaving to go there but I guarantee that he got way more satisfaction from being player of th9e season in a team that achieved the impossible in 2015/16.

He's played in 27 of the league games so he's contributed. Unless we think subs don't contribute? 

He's started in the FA cup final and played in plenty of the earlier rounds.

I wouldn't say bit part player is the word tbh. Bit part player for me is Inler in our title win with minimal games.

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I think that just about summed up the gulf between the 2 teams.

Had we'd just been 1-0 down he wouldn't be the answer!

Bournemouth seem to be signing young British talent? - didn't they buy Melpham from Brentford in January. 

Yeah. We wanted him but turned us at the start of the season but went to Bournemouth mid season. 

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Riyad wins the lot in his first season. 

And there are people who think he might regret leaving lol

he's barely played, he might have the medals but could you look yourself in the mirror and say i deserve them? I bet his 15/16 medal means much more.

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

he's barely played, he might have the medals but could you look yourself in the mirror and say i deserve them? I bet his 15/16 medal means much more.

He's played in 75% of their league games. 

He's started most of their FA cup games including the final. 

He's earnt his medals. Which means more is another question.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's played in 75% of their league games. 

He's started most of their FA cup games including the final. 

He's earnt his medals. Which means more is another question.

He played 1300 minutes in the league. Marc played more for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He played 1300 minutes in the league. Marc played more for us.

And Barnes and Tielemens are only 300 minutes behind him after starting in January. But Mahrez is still the 12th most used player in their squad by minutes played, they just spread them out more.

In 2015-16 he contributed to 41% of LCFC goals in PL (28 out of 68) and in UCL next season he contributed to 55% of goals (6 out of 11).

And a LOT of them were important/game-winning.

This season he contributed to 11% of ManCity goals in PL (11 out of 95) and 17% in UCL (5 out of 30).

And a lot of these goals/assists were in games where ManCity were thrashing their opponent anyway so they didn't matter much.

Quite a difference, I'd say.

Edited by RussianFox

11 minutes ago, RussianFox said:

In 2015-16 he contributed to 41% of LCFC goals in PL (28 out of 68) and in UCL next season he contributed to 55% of goals (6 out of 11).

And a LOT of them were important/game-winning.

This season he contributed to 11% of ManCity goals in PL (11 out of 95) and 17% in UCL (5 out of 30).

And a lot of these goals/assists were in games where ManCity were thrashing their opponent anyway so they didn't matter much.

Quite a difference, I'd say.

There's obviously a difference.

But to say he's not played a part at Man City just isn't true. Squad game - 12th most minutes in their squad in the PL.

Especially in the trophy they won today. He's started most rounds including the final. 

He's earnt his medals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's earnt his medals.

Of course he has, but there's huge difference in his contribution to these medals. ManCity most probably would have won all three titles without him, wouldn't they?

He's not even close to status of one of their most importans players this season.

And Schlupp also did earn his medal in 2015-16 with roughly the same minutes so he was probably as important to us as Mahrez is important to ManCity now. :)

And how much would Riyad have played if De Bruyne wasn't injured for almost entire season?

Edited by RussianFox

I think we know Mahrez wasn't happy being subbed today, he hasn't been happy with the minutes he's played so whether he's told his contribution was invaluable, I don't think he's happy, I wonder if he'll stay next season or request a transfer

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

How would he react to seeing the replacement (not a bad one granted) come on, score and win MOTM (I presume he must have had a few assists) and help City score 4 goals.

Surprised Marhez didn't score - usually does against us!

Tough one to take - just one of those days I suppose. At least you got to the Final - it's been fifty years for us.

And your fans were great...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I think we know Mahrez wasn't happy being subbed today, he hasn't been happy with the minutes he's played so whether he's told his contribution was invaluable, I don't think he's happy, I wonder if he'll stay next season or request a transfer

It's looking terminal to me! 

Can’t believe Man City are letting Kompany go. He was outstanding yesterday and a big part of that team. They’ll miss his leadership but I’m sure Peps got his reasons. Their fans won’t be happy with this. 

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Can’t believe Man City are letting Kompany go. He was outstanding yesterday and a big part of that team. They’ll miss his leadership but I’m sure Peps got his reasons. Their fans won’t be happy with this. 

Maybe they tried but he wasn't happy with the offer. Perhaps they were looking to scale back his role and he's looking to play as much as possible. 

I'm surprised he's leaving, they must have plans to sign another centre back and he feels he'll get less game time. Hope he keeps himself at at a decent level and doesn't start getting the big money in Asia. 

He has his moments but is always great when he needs to be. 

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe they tried but he wasn't happy with the offer. Perhaps they were looking to scale back his role and he's looking to play as much as possible. 

Yeah maybe. Will be strange not seeing him there as he’s been a massive part of their success over the years.

I know some people think he’s a dirty bastard but I think he’s a great player and a brilliant leader. Good luck to him with whatever’s next.

There isn’t a chance they didn’t make him an offer, I guess he just wants a new challenge.

Great way to go out though, banging in a 30 yard thundercunt on his last home appearance to win them the league and then yesterday.

• Like 1