Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Really? An improved stadium is going to get them Top 4 

If that was us (which hopefully our expansion will soon be announced eventually!), we’d be loving it. I don’t blame them for getting excited.

Think if us, Wolves and Everton keep building as planned, the top “6” is going to get very interesting. 

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

Quite a few people seem a bit petty on here towards Wolves and I've no idea why.

That stadium plan looks bloody great.

I get the pettiness because of how well Wolves have done so quickly, but how they’ve also gone about it (with specific player acquisitions). I equally get it that we’ve history with them as midlands rivals in the Steve Walsh/Bull era. At the moment you could argue in terms of ambition they are our direct rivals for the top 6. I absolutely understand, but it’s bloody good some new teams like us and them are looking to upset the status quo and shake things up.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Koke said:

Brendan is a media love child so god forbid we get to a place where we have to sack him, the "what do they expect" merchants will be out in full force.

To be honest if we do I'll be really concerned about us. He's the one I've had most confidence in as a manager staying here for a significant period of time since Pearson (and you've got to bear in mind Pearson's was largely based on the fact he'd had two years here and was wrongly sacked the first time). For once I feel like the biggest threat to Rodgers leaving us is another club taking him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

I'm gonna say it. All of the top 6 won't finish there next season.

I reckon two teams will drop out. Until we've seen what happens over the summer, it's anyone's guess who they'll be.

I can say with confidence one of them will be Manchester United. I think they're really struggling to hold it together now and they'll no doubt go and add to their problems in the summer rather than fix them.

They're an absolute shambles. They've got to drop this class of 92 obsession. It isn't coming back.

• Like 1

Wolves aren’t messing about. They’re pushing ahead with the stadium improvement, have cash to burn and a relationship with a super agent. No point being salty, they’ll be a genuine threat to the top six next season and won’t stop there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

What am I missing with Graham Potter? 10th in the championship then in demand for a Premier League job?

Swansea’s owners are in full assets stripping mode selling all of their players. When Potter came in they had one recognised centre back and had to promote multiple players from the youth team. Despite this they were solid all season and play good stuff (the Man City FA Cup game springs to mind).

If you’re in charge of Brighton then someone who can change your style of play with limited resources sounds perfect. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why Arsenal are supposedly skint. Highest match day revenue in the league, huge sponsorship deals, TV money etc plus they're a big club with a wide reach, yet they're acting like Burnley with their finances

Am I missing something with Arsenal?

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't understand why Arsenal are supposedly skint. Highest match day revenue in the league, huge sponsorship deals, TV money etc plus they're a big club with a wide reach, yet they're acting like Burnley with their finances

Am I missing something with Arsenal?

I guess the answer is in the replies. Still baffles me because Man Utd also have huge rising costs yet they don't have a Burnley like budget.

Edited by Koke

11 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Wolves aren’t messing about. They’re pushing ahead with the stadium improvement, have cash to burn and a relationship with a super agent. No point being salty, they’ll be a genuine threat to the top six next season and won’t stop there.

Agree with you. They are here for the long haul and have owners to make it happen. 

It will be interesting to see how much they spend and who they sign this season. 

Given they are in Europe though, we should be aiming to finish above them next time round. 

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree with you. They are here for the long haul and have owners to make it happen. 

It will be interesting to see how much they spend and who they sign this season. 

Given they are in Europe though, we should be aiming to finish above them next time round. 

Yeah, obviously we'd have swapped places with them, but it could well suit us. They currently have a small squad so will need to add to what they already have with at least 4/5 first teamers, as well as wanting to naturally upgrade certain positions. But they'll get that done as they clearly have the resources. Will be down to how they deal with trips back from far flung corners of Europe after a gruelling Thursday nighter, which has undone so many over the years.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Is it a given though that they are in Europe? Doesn't it rely on Man City wining the FA Cup still? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Is it a given though that they are in Europe? Doesn't it rely on Man City wining the FA Cup still? 

Yes you are right, though I don't give Watford much chance to be honest. Though I would like it if they won it! Don't like the Oil clubs cleaning up on the trophies, it just flies in the face of our starting 11 that cost less than half the price of Raheem Sterling and going on to win the league! :scarf:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes you are right, though I don't give Watford much chance to be honest. Though I would like it if they won it! Don't like the Oil clubs cleaning up on the trophies, it just flies in the face of our starting 11 that cost less than half the price of Raheem Sterling and going on to win the league! :scarf:

Totally agree i would love Watford to win it, although unlikely. 

• Like 1