Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest SO1

From the Guardian I read that Brighton are interested in hiring Graham Potter from the American Asset Strippers(Swansea). Good for him if he can get out of that place.

I was having a chat about Brighton with a lad at work today, he reckons they’ve got “delusions of gradure” and he hopes they get relegated because they sacked Houghton. 

Delusions of grandeur...from a Man City fan...

I ****ing hate the premier league and the arrogant shites that come with it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I was having a chat about Brighton with a lad at work today, he reckons they’ve got “delusions of gradure” and he hopes they get relegated because they sacked Houghton. 

I had a plastic top six fan at my work say today ‘they’ve barely spent anything’.......

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Basically after Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel, I’ll side with the fans 99% of the time because y’know they actually watch their team play.

Exactly how I feel now. How can anyone judge unless you watch them every week?

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Brighton 

Thank god for that. 

Football stops at the top 6 mate. The rest of us should just be happy to breath the same air as them. Don’t you dare try and have a bit of ambition though, delusions of grandeur I tell you! How dare us, how dare Brighton! 

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Basically after Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel, I’ll side with the fans 99% of the time because y’know they actually watch their team play.

Brendan is a media love child so god forbid we get to a place where we have to sack him, the "what do they expect" merchants will be out in full force.

12 hours ago, Manini said:

All that money spent on a new stadium, atrocious form, terrible signings, in danger of losing everything they worked towards the past decade. HOW DARE THEY LOOK TO FIX IT.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Brendan is a media love child so god forbid we get to a place where we have to sack him, the "what do they expect" merchants will be out in full force.

I think we’d only sack him if we were lower mid table so I don’t think we’ll have to bare that tbh. If he leaves it’ll be for s better gig 

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

This ffs. 

Also, Man City fans of all people shouldn't resent any club trying to advance itself beyond the shackles of its historical limitations. 

BHAFC have earned the right as an institution to push for more. They've come further than almost any club in English football to be here. Not just in terms of league position but in infrastructure, facilities, etc. 

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

United sacked Ole then? They can't continue with him surely.

I think that United are regretting their knee jerk reaction in giving a contract to Ole. Had they have waited till now they surely wouldn't have appointed him.

There are people acting like Brighton finishing 17th with 36 points this season was some sort of remarkable achievement. They have a better squad than the three teams that went down and possibly two or three teams that finished above them. 

15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There are people acting like Brighton finishing 17th with 36 points this season was some sort of remarkable achievement. They have a better squad than the three teams that went down and possibly two or three teams that finished above them. 

Exactly.

They underperformed this season, and the only reason they're not looking at Chamionship football next year is because the 3 teams below them were extraordinarily bad this season.

Carrying on as they were and they'd be favourites to go down next season. They had to make a change.

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, Wortho said:

I think that United are regretting their knee jerk reaction in giving a contract to Ole. Had they have waited till now they surely wouldn't have appointed him.

They have bigger problems than that. They need a real Director of Football. Someone who can get the the whole football side of things pushing in the same direction.

But as we all know why stop them from going down the hole. It's not in our interest :)

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

They have bigger problems than that. They need a real Director of Football. Someone who can get the the whole football side of things pushing in the same direction.

But as we all know why stop them from going down the hole. It's not in our interest :)

Bit confused as why they're looking at a former player to be DoF, as you said, they need someone who knows what they're doing and whose been around the place in the position and knows what the club needs to move forward.

former pros aren't the best decision; unless you do how Ajax have and get them to shadow the top guys for a year or so to learn what need a doing.

• Like 1

Sorry but last seasons thread now closed - can we just reflect for a moment that Spurs actually did manage to finish fourth in a three horse race!

Got even better when travelling home after game I was confronted by angry Spurs fans wining "We thought your lot were going to do us a favour today, what happened" ? Why not win your own game first guys, it tends to help with the points accumulation I smugly replied. From a safe distance of course as they looked pretty tanked up from bottom filled beers and a selection of fine cheeses.