Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

13 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He has missed their game today with a “slight knock”.

The other player not in the match day squad also has a “slight knock” and a pending transfer to Forest

I think Tarkowski would be a good signing. Any idea of price? 

If we pay 50m for him our heads need checking.

I wouldn't pay 30m for him.

There will be much better cheaper defenders in Europe. If we're sticking to the PL then Lacselles is a much better defender.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Just now, LinekersApples said:

No. Unsure if rumours of release clause true either.

north of 35m I’d imagine. We have some spare cash apparently??

Thanks. I know it's not my money, but I'd be slightly disappointed if it was much more than £35m. Having said that he's a decent player in my view and has been consistently good at his previous clubs. I also have faith in Brentford's player identification system as I understand it is very robust and similar to our own in many ways, so I'm sure statistically he'll be a solid acquisition. 

2 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Thanks. I know it's not my money, but I'd be slightly disappointed if it was much more than £35m. Having said that he's a decent player in my view and has been consistently good at his previous clubs. I also have faith in Brentford's player identification system as I understand it is very robust and similar to our own in many ways, so I'm sure statistically he'll be a solid acquisition. 

23m gets you a championship player that cost nothing the season before with a 3m sell on... The landscape has changed dramatically

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He has missed their game today with a “slight knock”.

The other player not in the match day squad also has a “slight knock” and a pending transfer to Forest

7A9317CA-2F38-4075-B76A-0B459FB2BAE8.jpeg

• Haha 3

Difficult to solely base an opinion on Tarkowski's effectiveness as a defender purely because, with all due respect, he's been playing for Burnley. They finished 15th and weren't great for much of it at all, struggling with the initial demands of European football. In quite similar respect to when we got Maguire in all honesty - we knew we were getting a solid centre back who shone in a relegated side, but I don't think many would have predicted the meteoric rise he had. I think in a team that's genuinely pushing for 6th like ours, Tarkowski could flourish - he won't have to centre his game around getting the tin hat on and sitting back for most games, absorbing pressure. All this being said, I'd like to think that Soyuncu and Benkovic could do a job - they seem willing and able to learn quickly. 

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ll probably get stick for this but DEFENSIVELY I think we will be a lot more solid with Tarkowski alongside Evans rather than Harry.

Nah I agree with this. However, Harry's always going to be a big miss. 

41 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

23m gets you a championship player that cost nothing the season before with a 3m sell on... The landscape has changed dramatically

Completely agree, and the Maguire fee will only act to push the market even higher. 

However, just because we have a large some of cash burning a hole in our back pocket doesn't mean we should go overboard. 

I rate Tarkowski and think he's one of many CBs who could do a job for us. My only slight concern with spending too much on him is that there's unlikely to be any resale value. Therefore if we are to spend £50m on someone I'd prefer us to go for Ake who's a few years younger and who could potentially see us sell for double the price in two years time. 

Over the past few years we've had a very good policy in terms of player recruitment with a view to developing recruits in order to add value. I'd hate to see us move away from that model if we can avoid it.