Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Just now, urban fox said:

Ake for me too. Has impressed whenever I have seen him and have thought he was class for a while now.

Far better to buy a player all their fans were saying would be a better cheaper choice anyway, like Jonathan Tah - then sell him to Man Utd next window for, let me think a minute...................80m lol

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Which ones would they be? He hasn't exactly been prolific for us in that department.

18/19 we only conceded 7 goals from set pieces - the best in the League. Our Mags is a huge part of that and there's no wonder both ourselves & England float over half their indirect free-kicks over to Harry at the back post.

Not only that but the two seasons previously we have been 5th and 4th worst teams at defending set pieces. So Harry &/or the collective have hugely improved that metric over a season with two different managers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This is what I'm thinking too, its much harder to defend when you're stood near the half way line with no cover and 3 on rushing attackers than it is sat on the 18 yard box, blocking longshots and heading away crosses.

I trust the scouts and Brendan to make the right choice obviously but if we have to buy from England I'd pick Ake over Tarkowski all day. He's quicker and better on the ball which are two important traits for a high pressing, possession based team. Maybe a concern would be that there's not enough size between a pairing of Evans and Ake. Anyway, in Brandan I trust! 

Ake would be a fantastic signing.. He's quality. 

And if Brendon gets it wrong we can blame Brandan! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

18/19 we only conceded 7 goals from set pieces - the best in the League. Our Mags is a huge part of that and there's no wonder both ourselves & England float over half their indirect free-kicks over to Harry at the back post.

Not only that but the two seasons previously we have been 5th and 4th worst teams at defending set pieces. So Harry &/or the collective have hugely improved that metric over a season with two different managers.

Thing is we were still total trash at defending them until the point we started pulling everyone including Vardy back, that made the biggest difference for me. 

6 hours ago, January47 said:

We also got better at defending them when Evans came into the side. He seems to win most of our defensive headers from free kicks and corners

The board pretty much came around on Evans (easy to remember how negative it was at first) but even now, I think it underestimates just how good he was last season.  He was massive.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The board pretty much came around on Evans (easy to remember how negative it was at first) but even now, I think it underestimates just how good he was last season.  He was massive.

Yes, I remember being very unimpressed for the first couple of matches, but he’s turned out to be an absolute bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure @Abrasive fox said that neither Dunk nor Tarkowski were on the replacement options list

Apologies if it was a different ITK. You all look the same too me ;)

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Wait wait.. I thought Maguire moving to United was waiting on Dunk to Move to Leicester which was waiting on Webster to move to Brighton which was waiting on Clark to move to Bristol? lol

Ain’t we all waiting on neymar to go Barca first? 

Just bought some razor blades and a length of rope, just in case Sky Sports News gets something correct for the first time in their existence.

This has to be one of the scariest rumors ever published on FT.  Truly frightening.

Guest Mee-9

Honestly SkySports have had a mare this summer.

They're becoming extremely unreliable. The Zaha saga the other day where one of their presenters insisted 'that Everton had made a 55m bid plus two players' was laughable when Everton rejected it. 

Becoming more tabloid than fact. Their 'sources' must be that transfer-rumours website that was gold about 7/8 years ago. "Pele to come out of retirement for Leicester to partner Steve Howard upfront."