Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I get that but its about the club not about individuals getting a fair chance. I wouldnt be sat complaining if we signed a new CB but we still lined up with CS in the first game. Id just look at the squad and be confident that the best CB will win the dual. If it did turn out to be CS great! 

Fair enough perhaps giving them a chance was the wrong word, but they haven't played 5 league games between them surely the club thought they were good enough or they wouldn't have brought them. I'm sure Rogers has it covered either way, he has seen Benkovic and Soyuncu and is aware of what they bring so if HM does leave it will be interesting to see what he does.

3 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Tarkowski and Dunk are very good.

Either would walk into a Maguire shaped hole and would presently be better equipped than Soyuncu or Benkovic (who will both be very good players in time).

The cost is the concern, but it's not our money and those whose it is, know exactly what they are doing.  Excellent business men and women with good advisers, including a world class manager/coach.  Everyone relax.  It's going to be some season!

If we sign a top class winger it should be top 4. ?

• Like 1

Tarkowski > Dunk.

Pay the reported £50m realise clause.

Accept the mighty £3.5m(ish) profit on Maguire as a kick in the teeth and learn...learn ??

Oh Sean, all those pound notes! ? 

Edited by Matt

17 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not in the Burnley squad this afternoon due to an 'injury niggle'.

Sounds like transferitis to me...

Ahh that poor illness that can only be cured with a huge injection of 'many pound notes'*

*May have missed out several 'manys' 

• Haha 1

Looks like this might be happening, then. I'd much rather him than Dunk, especially given the rumoured fee for Dunk. Tarkowski's 2 years younger, as well.

I just hope we don't get rinsed half as badly as Man Utd did by us. Shouldn't be too difficult! lol (can't find the Woodward gobbling Rudkin off emoji)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Not sure how true it is but i'm sure it was reported Tarkowski had a £50m release clause, if true why would they accept less?

A release clause just means the club have to accept that amount if it's offered. That doesn't mean they won't or can't accept anything less. They might think taking the £35m and picking up Cahill on a free to replace JT is good business. Might well be.

• Like 1