Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

What will help Benko is that he will not have to play crap plastic pitches.  One of his injuries occurred during a pre-match warm-up at Kilmarnock whose pitch would struggle to meet Sunday League Standards.  Jamie Murphy of Rangers was very badly injured playing on this crap.    So with better surfaces in the EPL and our excellent Medical Staff, Benko will most probably stay fit. 

Fingers crossed buddy as I’m excited by the feedback from the Celtic fans about him

• Like 1

I'd take Tarkowski, clearly good enough for the Premiership and with a good set of players around him I don't see he'd be a bad fit!

Anyone would think Maguire is the next Sergio Ramos, he's good but he's not world class.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'd take Tarkowski, clearly good enough for the Premiership and with a good set of players around him I don't see he'd be a bad fit!

Anyone would think Maguire is the next Sergio Ramos, he's good but he's not world class.

Steady on fella..World class judgement.!

He's a CB,just starting out in his higher

Level PL-career. That usually takes time!! Plus how many potential World class CBs are plying their trade in the PL...

Ramos also plays for a proven WClass,club and team,that helps to hoover up his mistakes...

I really would prefer to keep Maguire at the club. But if he does decide that Man utd. Is a preferred destination then I really think we have ample playing staff already...I wouldn't be opposed to bringing someone else in but if we didn't I wouldn't be overly concerned. 

Evans, Soyuncu (who I feel is ready to step up) Morgan, Benkovic (who looked excellent, albeit in a dogshit league last season) and one or two from the U. 23s to provide more cover/competition. 

Edit.  Wrong thread. 

Edited by gerrytaggart
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Another day, another pre-empted possible scenario for Maguire to leave Leicester from the some hopeful Man Utd fan on Twitter.

I almost feel sorry for them. Roll the bones see what the Gods decide today...

2 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Another day, another pre-empted possible scenario for Maguire to leave Leicester from the some hopeful Man Utd fan on Twitter.

I almost feel sorry for them. Roll the bones see what the Gods decide today...

Don`t think so mate, this is serious, just look at his locality to Ole

image.png.d7f730b12e9acf0be0d58206854f9ff8.png

Obviously this is all made up and has no substance. But if we sold H for £80m cash (minus the Hull %) and got Tarkowski in for ~£35m. That would be a cracking bit of business.  Though personally i'm in the camp in which we have to have faith in Soyuncu and Benkovic.

• Like 2

Tarkowski thrives in Burnley’s (clog the middle and funnel shots through it) system.  He could be a Wes Morgan upgrade.  But not even 50% of a Maguire replacement.  Worth far more to Burnley than to us, and I've no doubt they will keep him.

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Tarkowski thrives in Burnley’s (clog the middle and funnel shots through it) system.  He could be a Wes Morgan upgrade.  But not even 50% of a Maguire replacement.  Worth far more to Burnley than to us, and I've no doubt they will keep him.

Agree with all that apart from the last sentence ....... 

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This is what I'm thinking too, its much harder to defend when you're stood near the half way line with no cover and 3 on rushing attackers than it is sat on the 18 yard box, blocking longshots and heading away crosses.

I trust the scouts and Brendan to make the right choice obviously but if we have to buy from England I'd pick Ake over Tarkowski all day. He's quicker and better on the ball which are two important traits for a high pressing, possession based team. Maybe a concern would be that there's not enough size between a pairing of Evans and Ake. Anyway, in Brandan I trust! 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Agree with all that apart from the last sentence ....... 

Say it ain't so!  I watched a few Burnley matches last year where that once-watertight back line looked disorganized and not up to task.

Are we trying to replace Harry's headed goals?  I can't fathom any other reason for serious interest -- the guy is decent, but how would he be a Rodgers fit?

7 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This is what I'm thinking too, its much harder to defend when you're stood near the half way line with no cover and 3 on rushing attackers than it is sat on the 18 yard box, blocking longshots and heading away crosses.

I trust the scouts and Brendan to make the right choice obviously but if we have to buy from England I'd pick Ake over Tarkowski all day. He's quicker and better on the ball which are two important traits for a high pressing, possession based team. Maybe a concern would be that there's not enough size between a pairing of Evans and Ake. Anyway, in Brandan I trust! 

Ake for me too. Has impressed whenever I have seen him and have thought he was class for a while now.

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Say it ain't so!  I watched a few Burnley matches last year where that once-watertight back line looked disorganized and not up to task.

Are we trying to replace Harry's headed goals?  I can't fathom any other reason for serious interest -- the guy is decent, but how would he be a Rodgers fit?

Which ones would they be? He hasn't exactly been prolific for us in that department.

• Like 1