Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Just now, Poznan34 said:

£50m for Tarkowski...:o

if only there was an alternative...:ph34r:

Avoid, just like Benni, bit of a bomb scare :nono:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Poznan34 said:

can I interest you in option 2...

Pfff. Even worse, total sick note, but I think I have the solution

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

can I interest you in option 2...

Now you are talking absolute sense. This should be the choice and hopefully BR thinks the same.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Tarkowski and Dunk are very good.

Either would walk into a Maguire shaped hole and would presently be better equipped than Soyuncu or Benkovic (who will both be very good players in time).

The cost is the concern, but it's not our money and those whose it is, know exactly what they are doing.  Excellent business men and women with good advisers, including a world class manager/coach.  Everyone relax.  It's going to be some season!

With you stating excellent businessmen, are we just bankrolled by King Power or are there other people involved too - just thinking if we’ve got the Sultan’s nephew playing for us, maybe he’s involved?

25 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Tarkowski and Dunk are very good.

Either would walk into a Maguire shaped hole and would presently be better equipped than Soyuncu or Benkovic (who will both be very good players in time).

The cost is the concern, but it's not our money and those whose it is, know exactly what they are doing.  Excellent business men and women with good advisers, including a world class manager/coach.  Everyone relax.  It's going to be some season!

Errmm these same excellent business/transfer handling business-people....have done well over the years,but also made some cock-ups,and

Compounded it,by agreeing in resigning

Too a long contracts!!

47 minutes ago, smitha said:

50 million, you are having a laugh, if Harry goes then give Soyuncu or Benkovic a go if not then what's the point in buying them. The pair of them cost over 30 mill, got to give them a fair crack at it.

I've said it before, i'll probably say it again.... can someone explain to me why our fans want to just 'give someone a go' in a season where we genuinely have a chance to achieve something special? Youll all be moaning about not replacing HM by the time the first games reached half time. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I've said it before, i'll probably say it again.... can someone explain to me why our fans want to just 'give someone a go' in a season where we genuinely have a chance to achieve something special? Youll all be moaning about not replacing HM by the time the first games reached half time. 

I don't know why you keep saying it because it's pretty clear. If they aren't good enough they shouldn't be drawing wages from the club - let's find out. Otherwise, why did we buy those players? How different a situation would a completely brand new signing be? It's a risk regardless - don't overpay until it's clear there's no other options to explore.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

What is the point in signing payers if you are not going to play them, another 30 mil plus Pi**ed up the wall, but if your happy to spend 50 mil on him then fair enough. Personally I hope HM stays but the two others imo haven't had enough opportunity to prove their credentials.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, knitro said:

I don't know why you keep saying it because it's pretty clear. If they aren't good enough they shouldn't be drawing wages from the club - let's find out. Otherwise, why did we buy those players? How different a situation would a completely brand new signing be? It's a risk regardless - don't overpay until it's clear there's no other options to explore.

Its not the early naughties any more though, we are in a position where we can spend cash.  Signing a replacement and having them compete with CS and FB is just what an aspiring top 6 club should be doing. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smitha said:

What is the point in signing payers if you are not going to play them, another 30 mil plus Pi**ed up the wall, but if your happy to spend 50 mil on him then fair enough. Personally I hope HM stays but the two others imo haven't had enough opportunity to prove their credentials.

I get that but its about the club not about individuals getting a fair chance. I wouldnt be sat complaining if we signed a new CB but we still lined up with CS in the first game. Id just look at the squad and be confident that the best CB will win the dual. If it did turn out to be CS great! 

• Like 1