Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Dyche on Tarkowski speculation

He’s a Burnley player, we really like him, he is still learning and improving and it is as simple as that. If that changes it will be a decision taken in the future but we are not looking for it to change that is for sure. 

Dyche on Tarkowski

Everyone in world football has a price. Neymar had a price. That is just the truth and the market 

Edited by HankMarvin

47 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ll probably get stick for this but DEFENSIVELY I think we will be a lot more solid with Tarkowski alongside Evans rather than Harry.

A very reasonable view even if you hadn't bothered with the CAPS for the likes of me.  ;)

My concern is that the Burnley defense as a whole, had some bad days during the matches I caught last year.  Don't know how much of that was due to Tarkowski.  It's hard to interpret stats for their CBs as they invite so many shots and crosses, and funnel those shots through the middle, their numbers for blocks and clearances are always high.

It seems wasteful to me to spunk most of the net profit on a player like Tarkowski, when we have two rated youngsters who may be ready.  But I guess that's where BR will have to judge.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Of course, we will miss his ability to start attacks massively. But as a defensive unit, I think Evans alongside Tarkowski is bloody solid. 

Harry was great, but now we have some good creativity in midfield, we won't need to rely on a centre back for it!

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Ake surprises me on this list. Harry not being on there is surprising too. 

Most likely down to formations, we play wide stopping potential crosses before they actually become a cross. 

Look at the top 5 on that list, all teams that allow a lot of crosses to come in. 

The next are from teams playing fairly narrow. 

VVD surprises me though, I guess Liverpool are pretty gung-ho, so I guess they get attacked a lot? 

My preference would be to spend the money elsewhere and put Soyuncu in but I understand fully that that is risky and the sensible option is to bring in a proven PL CB.

Not the most in depth stats but Takowski does seem to stand up pretty well.........

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 19.32.36.png

• Like 3

He's 27, and he's under contract for another 3 years, and so unless he has got a £50m release clause to a club outside the top 6, then you won't be getting him.  Though Burnley might be willing to sell for £50m to clubs like Leicester outside the top 6, if Tarkowski wants to go.  We've got Gibson ready.

• Like 2

So we pay £40 million for another 26 year old lad from Manchester. We play him for a year or two and flog him back to his home land for 100 million in a couple of years time. Nice.

Welcome JT.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

My preference would be to spend the money elsewhere and put Soyuncu in but I understand fully that that is risky and the sensible option is to bring in a proven PL CB.

Not the most in depth stats but Takowski does seem to stand up pretty well.........

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 19.32.36.png

Doubles the tackles per game instantly, this would be an excellent upgrade.

Are there any players that have, perhaps, 3 tackles per game we could consider, or is that just daft?

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So we pay £40 million for another 26 year old lad from Manchester. We play him for a year or two and flog him back to his home land for 100 million in a couple of years time. Nice.

Welcome JT.

he would be 29 in two seasons so not much resale value .. he would slot in nicely but there are other (cheaper) options available.

All down to what Brenda thinks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I don't really understand the relevance to stats like this with defenders surely defenders playing for sides who have less of the ball and loose more games will have higher stats.

This, teams that low block are always going to have high tackling/blocks/interceptions, p90 stats are great for comparing mids/attackers, but it’s a finer art when dealing with CBs, who usually require more video analysis as part of their assessment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Are there any players that have, perhaps, 3 tackles per game we could consider, or is that just daft?

There is a theory that the best defenders tackle less.

To quote Paolo Maldini “if I have to make a tackle, I’ve already made a mistake.”

5 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Maybe he wouldn't if he had Ndidi in front of him, breaking up play.

Edited by WarehamFox

7 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Thinking of the games I've seen Soyuncu play, surely he makes more than 2 tackles per game?