Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

To be honest, I'd be happy for this to happen with an emergency recall clause as it would be more beneficial for him to be playing football than to sit on the bench for us. 

29 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Agreed, a young player with plent of potential needs regular game time. The recall clause should definitely be included though, in the event Evans or Soyuncu get injured.

Bad idea loaning him even with a recall option. We cant put him in our squad until January. So with injuries or suspensions we could end up with Morgan and a kid.

No way he gets a loan now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Bad idea loaning him even with a recall option. We cant put him in our squad until January. So with injuries or suspensions we could end up with Morgan and a kid.

No way he gets a loan now.

Is he not already been registered in our squad?

7 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Is he not already been registered in our squad?

No not till September but if he goes on loan we can only recall in a transfer window to register him. We can register a player that's out on loan.

I forget that Jardim managed Slimani at Sporting, for the life of me can't understand why else a troubled club who still harbours intentions of competing at the top in France would want him. Hopefully this isn't just a loan deal, they've had enough out of us for Ghezzal and Tielemans. I would happily let them have Silva and Slimani for £10m combined and all their wages gone.

2 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Agreed, a young player with plent of potential needs regular game time. The recall clause should definitely be included though, in the event Evans or Soyuncu get injured.

Most likely we'd get him back injured again. Two words... Plastic. Pitches.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Don't shoot the messenger here as I've not seen/heard it from anywhere substantial but there was quite a bit of talk on some prominent Celtic twitter accounts last night that Benkovic could be coming back on loan.

I can't see it for a multitude of reasons, the most obvious being it would look to leave you short in terms of cover.

I mean  Alex Pascanu would make more sense. He outshone Benkovic in the under 21 euros and is in need of first team football to progress. Looks on a similar level to Benk so would probably do well for you

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

To be honest, I'd be happy for this to happen with an emergency recall clause as it would be more beneficial for him to be playing football than to sit on the bench for us. 

How does an emergency recall work?  Loaning him back to play in that league is madness. He will be needed here soon enough.

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

I can't see that at all. 

BR will want to faze Morgan out this season and won't want him becoming the third choice CB.

A fully fit Benkovic as third choice CB will get plenty of games over a season you would think and has the potential to push the other two CB's for a place. 

Yeah like I said really can't see it myself either.

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean  Alex Pascanu would make more sense. He outshone Benkovic in the under 21 euros and is in need of first team football to progress. Looks on a similar level to Benk so would probably do well for you

Your logic is sound for the most part but there is one fatal flaw in it, the part where it would involve us spending money and successfully negotiating a transfer.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

It dont work at all you can only call them back on January.

Exactly. so to loan him out would be suicidal and any talk of this north of the border is whisky fueled bollox.

9 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Your logic is sound for the most part but there is one fatal flaw in it, the part where it would involve us spending money and successfully negotiating a transfer.

I dont think we would sell him tbh, a loan would work for everyone involved. Could well be that he over performed in the Euros and he's actually not good enough for you

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Exactly. so to loan him out would be suicidal and any talk of this north of the border is whisky fueled bollox.

True but enough on here think we could call him back any time we like. Look at the it would be good for him type comments.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sylofox said:

True but enough on here think we could call him back any time we like. Look at the it would be good for him type comments.

Football Manager and EA Sports have a lot to answer for...……………………...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Poiseuille said:

I’d say it’s a decent window if we get rid of Ghezzal, Silva, Diabate and Amartey as papers suggest, in the next few weeks, to add to the departures of King and Slimani.

I agree with you about Ghezzal, Silva and Diabate, but I do think Amartey gives us something.  His ability to play in different positions (right back, centre back and defensive midfield) is a very useful option.  Although he was linked with a move to the Blades, I wonder whether BR might be having second thoughts about shifting him this window and keep him in the 25 man squad (especially now Slim and Kingy have gone and the other 3 might be on their way). 

11 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Football Manager and EA Sports have a lot to answer for...……………………...

I think those people might actually learn something about transfers from playing those games. Not really sure about FIFA, but I think FM is very accurate. Used to be, anyway.

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-clear-out-continues-3242475.amp?__twitter_impression=true

This basically confirms what we all knew - Silva, Diabate and Ghezzal are free to leave; Amartey and Mendy are probably staying. There's also an article on the Merc about Matty James, who Rodgers thinks is perfect for his tactical style once he's back from his current injury. He spoke in very similar terms on Kapustka late last season, if I remember right - both of those guys look set to stay beyond the deadline, and there's room for them in the 25 man squad too.

James in particular is an interesting one - Puel rated him and played him over both Silva and Iborra whenever he was fit, and now Brendan thinks he can get use from him. Would love him to prove them and the club right and justify that contract extension.

• Like 1