Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How has Amartey not gone out on loan, or King or James? Fcuk sake

Amartey is our 5th CB, that is where he plays for Ghana. As back up we could do worse, he was playing well before injury. Hard to see James or King getting a game in our midfield, unless Rogers thinks of Perez and Maddison as strikers. 

I think Amartey will stay as versatile defensive cover. He is a candidate for a foreign transfer still, though.

James had another injury over the course of pre-season, might still be out. Either way, if you're a Championship club you're unlikely to consider him fit enough to come in straight away. Might get a League One move still.

Rodgers said the squad that were involved at Atalanta would be the players he would work with moving forward. King was on the bench. He also said after one of the earlier pre-season games he likes to have lots of midfield options. I can see Kingy being kept around as absolute last resort midfielder - there's room for him in the 25 man squad if he is willing to do that role. He's good to have around the place anyway.

5 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

So I now make it ten players competing for 3 midfield slots. We need to shift at least 4 of them surely?

Ndidi, Hamza, Mendy, and Amartey competing for DM, but Amartey might also be 5th choice CB.

Maddison and Tielemans as our starting number 10 and 8. Praet, Silva, and King competing for a spot on the bench.

James is not competing for a spot. So exclude Amartey too, and we have 8 players for 3 spots, which yeah is too many, unless we play a diamond and then 8 players for 4 spots is actually reasonable.

James and King to see our contracts here.

I suspect Silva, Slimani, Mendy will be sold for maybe £20m combined.  There has been interest.  

kapu and Diabate on loan

ghezzel is a funny one as he is borderline PL squad number.

Limited resale value once the squads are announced and the buyers will know that.

Edited by Finn Claw II

I'd have to give this transfer window a B+. Maybe a B taking into account that we still have several players who are essentially surplus to requirements but no-one is taking them. Can see King and James just seeing out their contracts before leaving on frees, and Slimani, Silva and Diabate being bought at cut-rate prices. It is the last chance saloon for a couple of players like Demarai Gray and Kelechi Iheanacho otherwise they may well be moved on next year.

The squad badly needs trimming but there is still time for lower-league/overseas clubs to nick a player or two.

• Thanks 1

I can see Silva and Mendy both being loaned back to ligue 1.

Diabaté probably off to Turkey.

Slimani to anywhere that'll pay for his bed and board.

Ghezzal sold or loaned to a French team

George Thomas, Eldin Jakupovic loaned to a div1 team

Matty James sold/loaned to a hospital starting 11

and a few of the U23s like Darnell getting loans to div1/2

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I can see Silva and Mendy both being loaned back to ligue 1.

Diabaté probably off to Turkey.

Slimani to anywhere that'll pay for his bed and board.

Ghezzal sold or loaned to a French team

George Thomas, Eldin Jakupovic loaned to a div1 team

Matty James sold/loaned to a hospital starting 11

and a few of the U23s like Darnell getting loans to div1/2

Starting?