Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

1 hour ago, Fridgechef said:

If this can be done, it'll probably one of the best/one of the most successful transfer windows we've ever had. :appl:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/dijon-are-after-fousseni-diabate-leicester/

Dijon are after Fousseni Diabaté (Leicester)

Soccer Link report that 23-year-old Leicester City attacker Fousseni Diabaté is one of a number of attacking targets that Ligue 1 side Dijon are seeking to bring in before the end of the month.

The Malian has been deemed as surplus to requirements by the Foxes.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Silva free to leave... but but but... Rodgers put him in the “team”. Well on the bench with 11 subs in one preseason game.

Does that make you happy? I'm sure whoever said that to you will admit their mistake - are you going to admit yours about Maguire choosing Manchester over Leicester? How you ever thought that players wouldn't choose them over us still makes me laugh.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Silva free to leave... but but but... Rodgers put him in the “team”. Well on the bench with 11 subs in one preseason game.

Didn't Silva play in two preseason games, starting one?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-players-name-included-clubs-transfer-list-follow-compatriots-footsteps/

Leicester City’s Islam Slimani spent last season on loan at Fenerbahce, but the striker failed to impress during his time in Turkey and was left out of the squad from the end of February.

On July 30th, the Algeria international stressed his “priority” is to continue with the Premier League side, where he still has two years left on his contract.

Three days ago, The Telegraph reported the 31-year-old and Adrien Silva are not included in Brendan Rodgers’ plans and are free to leave the Foxes.

Slimani’s compatriots Yacine Brahimi, Sofiane Hanni and Adlène Guedioura moved to Qatar in recent months. The latter left Nottingham Forest and joined Al-Gharafa.

According to Algerian outlet FennecFootball.com, Slimani has now been included on the list of transfer targets for Al-Gharafa and the Qatari side will make an approach for the Leicester player

It’s clear that Slimani has no future at Leicester, but it remains to be seen whether or not he will follow his compatriots and move to Qatar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-players-name-included-clubs-transfer-list-follow-compatriots-footsteps/

Leicester City’s Islam Slimani spent last season on loan at Fenerbahce, but the striker failed to impress during his time in Turkey and was left out of the squad from the end of February.

On July 30th, the Algeria international stressed his “priority” is to continue with the Premier League side, where he still has two years left on his contract.

Three days ago, The Telegraph reported the 31-year-old and Adrien Silva are not included in Brendan Rodgers’ plans and are free to leave the Foxes.

Slimani’s compatriots Yacine Brahimi, Sofiane Hanni and Adlène Guedioura moved to Qatar in recent months. The latter left Nottingham Forest and joined Al-Gharafa.

According to Algerian outlet FennecFootball.com, Slimani has now been included on the list of transfer targets for Al-Gharafa and the Qatari side will make an approach for the Leicester player

It’s clear that Slimani has no future at Leicester, but it remains to be seen whether or not he will follow his compatriots and move to Qatar.

If he does that I think it means he’ll just hang around to collect his pay while stinking the place up. Hopefully off to Qatar.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

14 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Slimani on the other hand can fuch off to Qatar as soon as possible. Wanting to stay with us is obviously just for the £, much like his compatriot.

Disappointing if he stays as we pay the price for his poor attitude yet again. Don’t know how you can come here as our record signing and blatantly not care, was meant to be his big move to make him a star and he couldn’t have cocked it up more really. 

I think the club are as much to blame for this. We obviously never did our homework on his poor attitude. If we had I don't think we would have touched him.

Paying the stupid money the premier clubs do leaves every club open to this situation. Who on here would swap jobs for half the money.

• Like 2

Sporting's Bas Dost rumored to join Frankfurt, which opens up space for a replacement. Slimani could thus return to his former club, albeit at a cheaper price.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6436813-sporting-cp-manager-comments-on-potential-move-for-leicester-outcast-islam-slimani

Also in talks to join Monaco, with Radamel Falcao leaving for Galatasaray:

https://www.cnnturk.com/spor/futbol/monaco-islam-slimaniyi-aliyor

Maybe we can tie up some sort of two-player deal with Monaco, giving them Silva and Slimani at once at a reasonable rate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Sporting's Bas Dost rumored to join Frankfurt, which opens up space for a replacement. Slimani could thus return to 

Maybe we can tie up some sort of two-player deal with Monaco, giving them Silva and Slimani at once at a reasonable rate?

I am staggered by how little a "reasonable rate" might be.

Don't shoot the messenger here as I've not seen/heard it from anywhere substantial but there was quite a bit of talk on some prominent Celtic twitter accounts last night that Benkovic could be coming back on loan.

I can't see it for a multitude of reasons, the most obvious being it would look to leave you short in terms of cover.

12 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Don't shoot the messenger here as I've not seen/heard it from anywhere substantial but there was quite a bit of talk on some prominent Celtic twitter accounts last night that Benkovic could be coming back on loan.

I can't see it for a multitude of reasons, the most obvious being it would look to leave you short in terms of cover.

I can't see that at all. 

BR will want to faze Morgan out this season and won't want him becoming the third choice CB.

A fully fit Benkovic as third choice CB will get plenty of games over a season you would think and has the potential to push the other two CB's for a place. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

To be honest, I'd be happy for this to happen with an emergency recall clause as it would be more beneficial for him to be playing football than to sit on the bench for us. 

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

To be honest, I'd be happy for this to happen with an emergency recall clause as it would be more beneficial for him to be playing football than to sit on the bench for us. 

Agreed, a young player with plent of potential needs regular game time. The recall clause should definitely be included though, in the event Evans or Soyuncu get injured.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I am staggered by how little a "reasonable rate" might be.

Well, if we somehow manage to recoup in the region of £25m for the both of them, it'll be labeled a success.

Moreso in the case of Slimani, who isn't really that sought after. :whistle: