Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

On 12/08/2019 at 14:19, adejo92 said:

King, James, Silva, Gray, Slimani, Iheanacho, Ghezzal & Diabate. 

All stealing a wage from the club and not fit for purpose in the Premier League. 

I wouldn't mind seeing them all leave, use some of the wages to get Sturridge who is available on a free. 

Sturridge can't be any worse than Slimani or Iheanacho...

Maybe even Llorente, also a free agent. 

You really don't get it.

6 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I’m thinking king won’t suit that league at all. 

A lot of hustle and bustle and he is way too pedestrian for that. 

If he can handle the EPL he'll have no problems playing in the SPFL, Defoe has had 11 starts and scored 11 goals, easy peasy.

Edited by Bearman
spell

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

If he can handle the EPL he'll have no problems playing in the SPFL, Defoe has had 11 starts and scored 11 goals, easy peasy.

It’s not as black and white as that tbh, as poor as the general standard of our league is plenty of ageing EPL players have come up and really struggled. Joey Barton for example who got ran out of town he was so poor and went back down south and done well for Burnley in the EPL thereafter.

As an aside I’ll be interested as to where King fits in at Rangers as they already well stocked with central midfielders.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

It’s not as black and white as that tbh, as poor as the general standard of our league is plenty of ageing EPL players have come up and really struggled. Joey Barton for example who got ran out of town he was so poor and went back down south and done well for Burnley in the EPL thereafter.

As an aside I’ll be interested as to where King fits in at Rangers as they already well stocked with central midfielders.

I imagine he will play in the hole behind the strikers in their 4231 formation. Ojo has been playing there but hes more suited out wide. 

I think he'll do very well. He won't be asked to track back in too many matches and he is an expert at arriving late in the box without being picked up by defenders. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I imagine he will play in the hole behind the strikers in their 4231 formation. Ojo has been playing there but hes more suited out wide. 

I think he'll do very well. He won't be asked to track back in too many matches and he is an expert at arriving late in the box without being picked up by defenders. 

It’s more of a 4-3-3 they play which was why I’m curious to see where he fits in as he’s a number 10 type almost King is that right and they don’t really play with a central player in that role. Also Ojo has been playing wide for them not centrally.

9 hours ago, FLAN said:

His finishing ability is massively over talked by some city fans. Could be wrong but I doubt he will make much of an impression up there 

Used to be a strength, but his shooting has been dreadful for at least the past two seasons. Hopefully he'll find his touch again if he gets regular game time. Good luck to him, about time he moved on for his own sake. 

Edited by nwl fox

11 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

It’s more of a 4-3-3 they play which was why I’m curious to see where he fits in as he’s a number 10 type almost King is that right and they don’t really play with a central player in that role. Also Ojo has been playing wide for them not centrally.

King mostly played in a 2-man midfield for us. He can play as a no.10, but I don't think that's where he's best.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

1st point: LOL, King is only 30 years old!

2nd point: Barton was playing in a really poor side, under an equally poor manager.

3rd point: Gerrard said only this week he wanted TWO players for every position.

22 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I think the trouble with Barton is that he got far too wound up with the him vs Scott Brown thing and it affected his game.

He didn't really do that much when he came back to Burnley though to be fair.