Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

37 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Yeh, to be fair, we may as well just keep him until he is 80 just because he's been loyal. 

Truth is he is no where near good enough for this team now, won't feature, but will still take home God knows how much each week. 

I don't question Kings loyalty to the club but football is a business and it was time for him to move on 2 years ago. 

Obviously the contract he is currently on will be his last (you know the contract he was given after featuring in 30+ games when we won the premier league). 

You rightly point out that football is a business but you also seem to be failing to grasp this point yourself. In Order to attract players you want you need to offer 4 or 5 year deals it's then hard to move them on when they are not in the team as people don't want to match the wages your paying them. Of the players you mentioned king (twice) slimani (twice) silva, James and diabate have all gone on loan so that would suggest the club wants to move them on if possible. Also your solution is to sign more players (sturidge and llorente) to big contracts who would most likely also quickly become players "stealing a living".

• Like 2

I expect Silva, Mendy, ghezzal, diabate and slimani all to go somewhere abroad before the end of the month. The only ones that have any chance of getting in the 25 man squad are Mendy and Silva but I think we would rather get rid of both if possible.

Kapustka is still injured I beleive so it may not be till Jan that he leaves, probably on loan again. 

James really needs to drop down and get some game time. Hes constantly injured though so a risk for any club. Leuven would be a great shout to get those legs going again.

I still think Brendan will keep Kingy in the 25 man squad. He's a great lad to have in the dressing room and he's not as bad as many on here make out. Certainly way down the pecking order but I can see him sticking around. I think his interview a few weeks ago was quite telling that Brendan knows he's a top pro to have in the dressing room. 

A few more of the younger lads out to L1 or L2 is also a must, if anyone wants them of course. 

2 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I expect Silva, Mendy, ghezzal, diabate and slimani all to go somewhere abroad before the end of the month. The only ones that have any chance of getting in the 25 man squad are Mendy and Silva but I think we would rather get rid of both if possible.

Kapustka is still injured I beleive so it may not be till Jan that he leaves, probably on loan again. 

I think Mendy and Silva could be shifted to Ligue 1. Diabate would be able to be shifted to Turkey.

But Slimani and Ghezzal are toxic on the transfer market right now. FFS, Ghezzal is on a Premier League squad and didn't get an Algerian call-up, and Slimani was sidelined in the Turkish league.

If I were Top, I would sit them down and tell them they need to get their career on track, and at their age, the could still earn a big payday in the Chinese or one of the Gulf leagues.

Then I would send them both to OH Leuven, where they could do some good and earn a promotion. Win-Win.

On 09/08/2019 at 10:21, FIF said:

I can see Silva and Mendy both being loaned back to ligue 1.

Diabaté probably off to Turkey.

Slimani to anywhere that'll pay for his bed and board.

Ghezzal sold or loaned to a French team

George Thomas, Eldin Jakupovic loaned to a div1 team

Matty James sold/loaned to a hospital starting 11

and a few of the U23s like Darnell getting loans to div1/2

West Hams window's shut as well sadly.

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

IMO:

Iheanacho / Slimani / Ghezzal - sell if possible (with a view to clearing wages to get a decent back-up striker in Jan)

Diabate / Lahsabela- loan

Gray - loan unless a decent offer comes in

James + King - Leuven

Silva - keep as back up.

Is there any sign of activity... agent quotes  ...itk gossip that suggests we are on this....

Might as well send them all to leuven

Edited by foxinsocks

13 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Yeh, to be fair, we may as well just keep him until he is 80 just because he's been loyal. 

Truth is he is no where near good enough for this team now, won't feature, but will still take home God knows how much each week. 

I don't question Kings loyalty to the club but football is a business and it was time for him to move on 2 years ago. 

yeah if he wants to stick around as a non playing asset, then he really shouldn't be on over 2m a year.

Double Birchs wage thats it

56 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Can your grandmother score screamers against Spurs?

Probably not but if my stats source is correct then,

In 3525' minutes of football, he has scored 2 goals. (2018 / 2019)

If that's true, I have a lot of confidence in his grandmother. (I don't have a lot of confidence in the stats website)

37 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Probably not but if my stats source is correct then,

In 3525' minutes of football, he has scored 2 goals. (2018 / 2019)

If that's true, I have a lot of confidence in his grandmother. (I don't have a lot of confidence in the stats website)

That's an average of about 35 minutes per match.

Granted 2 goals in all competitions is underwhelming. Then again, that was mostly in a one-striker system under Puel, in a season where Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham scored more goals than us.

Still, only 22 years old and at one stage, he's got to upstage Vardy when given the chance. I think he's got what it takes, but it's simply tough to get past our No. 1 striker at present.

34 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That's an average of about 35 minutes per match.

Granted 2 goals in all competitions is underwhelming. Then again, that was mostly in a one-striker system under Puel, in a season where Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham scored more goals than us.

Still, only 22 years old and at one stage, he's got to upstage Vardy when given the chance. I think he's got what it takes, but it's simply tough to get past our No. 1 striker at present.

I certainly hope so. He does frustrate me massively but also I would love for him to come good. 

Can't see nacho going anywhere this window. Brendan clearly sees potential as he's backed him from day 1 as back up to vards. He even came out and defended the difficult role he had in the squad. 

Compare that to someone like Gray who's been dropped from the squad and told he needs to do more and he ain't going nowhere. 

18 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think Mendy and Silva could be shifted to Ligue 1. Diabate would be able to be shifted to Turkey.

But Slimani and Ghezzal are toxic on the transfer market right now. FFS, Ghezzal is on a Premier League squad and didn't get an Algerian call-up, and Slimani was sidelined in the Turkish league.

If I were Top, I would sit them down and tell them they need to get their career on track, and at their age, the could still earn a big payday in the Chinese or one of the Gulf leagues.

Then I would send them both to OH Leuven, where they could do some good and earn a promotion. Win-Win.

That's what agents are for. No doubt we will struggle to sell them but loan moves are an option. It's in the players interests to play for the sake of their careers post lcfc. 

Slimani did help Algeria to win the AFCON so he's the kind of player someone may take a punt on. 

I can see Ghezzal heading back to France on loan tbh. He's not terrible at the right level. 

2 hours ago, RobHawk said:

That's what agents are for. No doubt we will struggle to sell them but loan moves are an option. It's in the players interests to play for the sake of their careers post lcfc. 

Slimani did help Algeria to win the AFCON so he's the kind of player someone may take a punt on. 

I can see Ghezzal heading back to France on loan tbh. He's not terrible at the right level

For sure although his right level is ligue 2.

Slimani will most likely end up with a turkish team , cant see anywhere else for him

Ghezzal isn’t a bad player. In fact technically he’s very good. 

I get the feeling he hasn’t blended in to the squad; and potentially hasn’t picked up the language. 

Slimani just needs to go, for the good of himself and the club. It hasn’t worked and by all accounts it. 

45 minutes ago, Sly said:

Ghezzal isn’t a bad player. In fact technically he’s very good. 

I get the feeling he hasn’t blended in to the squad; and potentially hasn’t picked up the language. 

Slimani just needs to go, for the good of himself and the club. It hasn’t worked and by all accounts it. 

Ghezzal is a bad player, lets get it right.

Got a reasonable touch and can dribble fairly smoothly, but that's about it.

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ghezzal is a bad player, lets get it right.

Got a reasonable touch and can dribble fairly smoothly, but that's about it.

I think he's a decent player but not necessarily a winger. Put it this way, I'd far rather have him in the number 10 position than Nacho.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think he's a decent player but not necessarily a winger. Put it this way, I'd far rather have him in the number 10 position than Nacho.

Well, yeah.

Like saying i'd rather have Ben Hamer in goal over Jamie Vardy.

• Haha 1