Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Outgoings

22 hours ago, FIF said:

I can see Silva and Mendy both being loaned back to ligue 1.

Diabaté probably off to Turkey.

Slimani to anywhere that'll pay for his bed and board.

Ghezzal sold or loaned to a French team

George Thomas, Eldin Jakupovic loaned to a div1 team

Matty James sold/loaned to a hospital starting 11

and a few of the U23s like Darnell getting loans to div1/2

Mendy will be sold, plenty of teams want him. Zero point loaning him out baring in mind his contract is up in the summer, myst try and get at least a few million. I think we must accept that Silva will have to be another loan deal.

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Heard that James got another injury in preseason  training. Surely he is finished. Maybe get him involved in coaching if he is going to stay taking the cash. 

You may be correct. Time for him to give up and ensure he can walk in his later years.  A pay off from the Club and Insurance, should keep him for the rest of his life and may be a coaching role with some of the younger teams?

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You may be correct. Time for him to give up and ensure he can walk in his later years.  A pay off from the Club and Insurance, should keep him for the rest of his life and may a coaching role with some of the younger teams?

Totally agree. 

I have to agree with Pochettino on the whole transfer window farce. We closed early, the rest in Europe carry on. We then get to a situation where we have done whatever deals we could and now the rest of Europe can turn up and hold us to ransom on transfer fees or even give us no option but to loan players we want to sell. We have so many players now that wont make the 23 man cut and will be doing a Bale and be in limbo. Worryingly, many of these lads are on decent wages. Lets hope we can shift some of these players in August.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

I have to agree with Pochettino on the whole transfer window farce. We closed early, the rest in Europe carry on. We then get to a situation where we have done whatever deals we could and now the rest of Europe can turn up and hold us to ransom on transfer fees or even give us no option but to loan players we want to sell. We have so many players now that wont make the 23 man cut and will be doing a Bale and be in limbo. Worryingly, many of these lads are on decent wages. Lets hope we can shift some of these players in August.

Agreed. I see no good reason why they changed it. What was the point?

19 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Agreed. I see no good reason why they changed it. What was the point?

It got changed because the top 6 teams were bitching about Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG unsettling there best players when the season has already started which i don't understand because this happens all year round anyway.  

3 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

It got changed because the top 6 teams were bitching about Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG unsettling there best players when the season has already started which i don't understand because this happens all year round anyway.  

It's no solution, then. They can still do exactly the same thing, except now, there's no way of replacing a player who has his head turned.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

It's no solution, then. They can still do exactly the same thing, except now, there's no way of replacing a player who has his head turned.

Exactly this it will be changed back to the way it was premier league squads are big you need to move players out after you have your targets in this present system this gives you limited time, look at our situation 4 players are out in the cold hoping for a move.

Taken from the Söyüncü thread.

My two cents:

- Not sure how much longer Jakupovic wants to stick around, has made it clear on numerous occasions that he's unhappy being the No. 3 goalkeeper (and I think Ward is better); we should rather promote a younger keeper in his place

- Silva back to Ligue 1?

- Same for Mendy? Nothing bad from my side to say about him, was unfortunate (injury) and never really found into the team

- Diabaté seems like a waste of space (nothing personal)

- King and James still have a few good years in them, albeit at a lower level

- Big question mark over Bartosz Kapustka (similar to Diabaté), maybe a return to the Bundesliga would be best for him (at least on loan)

- Slimani has got to go, there's little positive about the man, probably the biggest disappointment in years in terms of transfers (not just from a sportive perspective)

- Don't see much of a future for Ghezzal at LCFC, so a move to Serie A would be suitable for all

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

My two cents:

- Not sure how much longer Jakupovic wants to stick around, has made it clear on numerous occasions that he's unhappy being the No. 3 goalkeeper (and I think Ward is better); we should rather promote a younger keeper in his place

- Silva back to Ligue 1?

- Same for Mendy? Nothing bad from my side to say about him, was unfortunate (injury) and never really found into the team

- Big question mark over Bartosz Kapustka (similar to Diabaté), maybe a return to the Bundesliga would be best for him (at least on loan)

- Slimani has got to go, there's little positive about the man, probably the biggest disappointment in years in terms of transfers (not just from a sportive perspective)

- Don't see much of a future for Ghezzal at LCFC, so a move to Serie A would be suitable for all

Hard to disagree with all the above.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

My two cents:

- Silva back to Ligue 1?

None of those with the exception of Mendy offer anything to the squad and even with Mendy we'd be much better off cashing in on him if we can.

All of the players you mention are just a financial drain on the club and offer nothing in return. The squad wouldn't be any weaker if they all left. 

I wouldnt be as eager to move Mendy on as I would the others, but if we could receive a modest fee, I wouldnt object.  He is a decent squad player and will offer decent cover for any injuries/rest needed in the season, especially if we aim to go far in the cups.

I feel Slimani would be the most difficult to offload. I imagine his wages are quite high and too much for potential suitors to pay. It will all perhaps depend on the player himself, if he would be willing to maybe accept a lower wage to go elsewhere. For some reason, I expect not.

James is in severe need of resurrecting his career and I would bet that buying clubs would be sceptical of taking him on with his injury record.

Be happy for King to go on loan with a side aim of doing his badges in the future to become apart of the coaching set up.

Diabate and Kaputska have not worked out as hoped. The latter suffering a bad injury and resulted in a difficult period mentally. I wish them both the best but really cant see them staying.

I forgot Amartey in that list... :whistle:

He'll probably have to battle it out with Choudhury for the CDM bench spot. Hamza's got a headstart due to Amartey coming back from injury.

Kapustka will highly likely be kept on at least until December or so, as he's recovering from damage to an ACL. Injury occurred in April, and recovery takes in between six to nine months. There's no way you can fasten that one up without risking further damage. It needs to heal properly.

I suppose he'll be reintroduced to the Academy games as early as the beginning of 2020 once he's back to full fitness.

Edited by MC Prussian

I find it a real shame regarding Adrien Silva. We really have fuched him about. I still reckon he could do a job in our squad. I rate his ability higher than both King and James. Although King is a legend if I had to choose to move one out and keep one I’d keep Silva. Just my personal opinion!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Agree for a few, but the older heads like King, James, Slimani etc have been there at higher levels and done it, it doesn’t create a good atmosphere for a club on the up if you have people coming down, if you get what I’m saying?

For the younger lads with a point to prove, it should be a no brainer. I’m sure if Leuven can get promoted in the near future we’ll see the link used a lot more often, as I have doubts about the standard of football in the second tier being sufficient for the likes of Diabate, for example, to be able to show they’re up to the standard to be around the first team. 

Kingy could go there for 6 months though and be unbelievable for them in experience and ability. At a lower level, that ghosting in the box and finishing like we saw him do for years would be a huge asset. He's the type of character that wouldn't make it a bad experience for them all, he'd be a hero there.

• Like 1

King, James, Silva, Gray, Slimani, Iheanacho, Ghezzal & Diabate. 

All stealing a wage from the club and not fit for purpose in the Premier League. 

I wouldn't mind seeing them all leave, use some of the wages to get Sturridge who is available on a free. 

Sturridge can't be any worse than Slimani or Iheanacho...

Maybe even Llorente, also a free agent. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that when I was writing that haha. I meant more in terms of the Slimani’s of the world, King was definitely a bad example to use as he is a great character, but there are lots of older players who would take that step down from a club in our position and feel they are above a side like Leuven, which could cause many problems. Andy King certainly wouldn’t be one of those, however.

Hahahahaa could you imagine if we made Slimani go and play there? Hahahaaa i'd be tempted, he'd be heinous.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

King, James, Silva, Gray, Slimani, Iheanacho, Ghezzal & Diabate. 

All stealing a wage from the club and not fit for purpose in the Premier League. 

I wouldn't mind seeing them all leave, use some of the wages to get Sturridge who is available on a free. 

Sturridge can't be any worse than Slimani or Iheanacho...

Maybe even Llorente, also a free agent. 

Half agree with your thoughts on players leaving; James, Diabate, Ghezzal and Slimani all can and should be sold or Loaned. Silva loan unless we see him utilised and King I'd happily try to give time at cups etc. 

But Nacho and Gray are needed.

We sell/loan Nacho we have 1 recognised striker in Vardy and Perez who has played there before. Ridiculous to consider letting him leave without a replacement.

Gray we should keep for now. We have maybe 4 wingers, and we need all of them for competition and to cover for injuries and loss of form.

And Sturridge!? He can play maybe a few games before being crocked for months. Why risk a big wage for it? Llorente is a big man who Rodgers has already stated he has no interest in signing a target man.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Half agree with your thoughts on players leaving; James, Diabate, Ghezzal and Slimani all can and should be sold or Loaned. Silva loan unless we see him utilised and King I'd happily try to give time at cups etc. 

But Nacho and Gray are needed.

We sell/loan Nacho we have 1 recognised striker in Vardy and Perez who has played there before. Ridiculous to consider letting him leave without a replacement.

Gray we should keep for now. We have maybe 4 wingers, and we need all of them for competition and to cover for injuries and loss of form.

And Sturridge!? He can play maybe a few games before being crocked for months. Why risk a big wage for it? Llorente is a big man who Rodgers has already stated he has no interest in signing a target man.

Fair point.

I am starting to wonder if Slimani would be of more use than Iheanacho?

Just now, adejo92 said:

Fair point.

I am starting to wonder if Slimani would be of more use than Iheanacho?

Same point as with Llorente. 

Wouldn't object to trying him given how we set up. But would rather stick with Nacho and try to produce a talent in a 21yr old. 

We wont/can't get rid of all of them. We need squad depth, so some will stay to fill out the squad, unfortunately on high wages.

Mendy only has a year left on contract, so I think is likely to leave. He can accept reduced wages for this year if it guarantees playing time and decent wages for years to come. 

Praet already on the bench doesn't look good for Silva's potential playing time here, so hopefully we can move him on too if his wages are high. King can do a job if needed.  

Ghezzal and Slimani are tricky. An injury to Vardy and we need a striker. Do we trust Iheanacho? Do we move Perez central? Then who takes the winger spot on the bench, Gray or maybe having Ghezzal will be better? Or do we keep Perez wide and trust in Slimani?