Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

42 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Quite fancy Swansea to go up via play offs now, I just feel the momentum will be with them now. Swansea v Fulham final I think... though Swansea v Cardiff would be interesting.

I'm thinking the opposite. They used up so much mental energy getting into it, they'll just collapse in the next game. A bit like when a team does a cup giant killing then goes out with a whimper in the next round. 

To put their top flight absence into perspective, the last time they dined with the big boys we were in the pre broadband era and MP3s weren't actually a thing, let alone the MP4s we now enjoy every day.

Truly a 100% fact that really #MakesYouThink #Spooky #TopFlightAbsence 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I'm thinking the opposite. They used up so much mental energy getting into it, they'll just collapse in the next game. A bit like when a team does a cup giant killing then goes out with a whimper in the next round. 

Watford v Leicester always makes me doubt the momentum thing. Watford had just missed out by the skin of their teeth and Leicester had snuck in on the final day. I think we know what happened.

I think the beauty of this is their strange screaming of not caring about us for years rather than, you know, actually not caring about us. And they somehow think they have a rivalry with Liverpool lol . They are a weird bunch at Forest, they have a whole thread dedicated to us on their forum where they're all saying they dont care about us and some are even frustrated one of their songs references us. 

Like saying the women of your dreams went for a more successful, better looking bloke but you pretend you weren't even interested in the first place.

38 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Like saying the women of your dreams went for a more successful, better looking bloke but you pretend you weren't even interested in the first place

Ahahaha, Forest fans are the incels of football. Can't get Premier League football themselves so just bitch on the internet about Chad Leicester all day long. 

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep, called it.

They managed 10 out of their final 12 points, unreal.

Whereas WBA stumbled over the line with only 3 wins in their last 11 games. 

Brentford only needed one win in their last two after being on a brilliant run of 8 straight wins. What an opportunity they threw away. Ollie Watkins in particular after being brilliant all season fluffed several good chances in those last two games. Amazing what pressure can do to players. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Really have to feel for Wigan. Handed a 12 point deduction by the very organisation that sanctioned the sale to these people just weeks before.

League 1 next season includes Wigan, Charlton, Hull, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Sunderland...

If Paul Cook stays I'd back him to get Wigan up again. He's had success in the lower leagues previously. Just interesting to see if Wigan lose any players.

35 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Whereas WBA stumbled over the line with only 3 wins in their last 11 games. 

Brentford only needed one win in their last two after being on a brilliant run of 8 straight wins. What an opportunity they threw away. Ollie Watkins in particular after being brilliant all season fluffed several good chances in those last two games. Amazing what pressure can do to players. 

Obviously big reaction on here to Forest ****ing it up and discussion of where people stand on wanting them in our league for the local game vs wanting them to be below us. 

Where do you personally stand on the Baggies and Villa? Happy to have the local games and a bit of edge or wish they'd stay down? 

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Wish they'd stay down. 

The Black Country Derby is no fun unless you win or are a hooligan just looking for a day of antagonising other fans and fighting. 

From a neutral point of view I'm pleased that you'll both be playing each other again.

Wasn't the last one when they beat you 5-1 at Molinuex? lol 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As a Barnsley member of staff what an unbelievable season. For a club of this size relegation really is devastating and some of the lows of this season have been really low. Exceptional work from the first team staff and players they have believed until the very end. Some of the younger lads who have been given their chance have seized it with both hands! I do feel for Wigan and their fans and there is obviously the appeal so we will see what happens but it will be cruel to take all this hard work away from this team. On to Sunday now and a win against Man United will be pretty much the perfect end to a chaotic and unusual season.

• Like 3