Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mazarron fox

INJURIES

I have read with interest my fellow FT comments and where we see the team being at. My thoughts are we are a very good side and with Rodgers and a bit of tweaking we can challenge the top 6 gap. Our problem will be if we have many injuries. We just don’t have strength in depth like the top 6 do and unless we get an injury free run like the miracle season it will always be a bridge too far to sustain a regular challenge.

I don’t have access to figures but I would imagine we are towards the bottom of the premier league injury stats these last few years which is a credit to our backroom staff but moving forward I think this will be our Achilles heel.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, reynard said:

Let's hope not they usually take around 6 months to clear up properly.

At least, had mine for 9 months and it's still not great. Fine for most of the time, but don't ask me to break into a jog for more than a few metres. :(

11 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

The real worry is if Vardy got injured and the goals dry up. Nevermind Top 6 we'd be bottom three with our current options!

This is what I’m saying we are a couple of injuries away from a disaster 

You can say the same about every club in the league aside from Man City. Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and United don’t have any  meaningful depth.

We need a centre mid and a striker, we’re not far off otherwise.

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

I have read with interest my fellow FT comments and where we see the team being at. My thoughts are we are a very good side and with Rodgers and a bit of tweaking we can challenge the top 6 gap. Our problem will be if we have many injuries. We just don’t have strength in depth like the top 6 do and unless we get an injury free run like the miracle season it will always be a bridge too far to sustain a regular challenge.

I don’t have access to figures but I would imagine we are towards the bottom of the premier league injury stats these last few years which is a credit to our backroom staff but moving forward I think this will be our Achilles heel.

Premier League injury record 2018-19

Manchester United: 61 injuries 1,1392 days lost

Tottenham Hotspur: 42-1,140

Liverpool: 37-801

Huddersfield Town: 36-1,039

Newcastle United: 36-1,061

Arsenal: 35-1,316.

Cardiff City: 35-1,075

Manchester City: 35-1,134.

Bournemouth: 33-1,108

Watford: 33-853

Crystal Palace: 30-777

Chelsea: 29-466

Southampton: 28-873

Everton: 27-557

West Ham United: 27-1,287

Burnley: 25-809

Brighton and Hove Albion: 22-770

Fulham: 19-714

Leicester City: 13-461

Wolves: 5-88

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

The real worry is if Vardy got injured and the goals dry up. Nevermind Top 6 we'd be bottom three with our current options!

We have no real like for like to replace him either, unless we can sign a Callum Wilson, as was being mentioned late on last season - then again he's injury prone! Great to see Vardy finish in the top 5 Prem. strikers for two consecutive seasons now, in spite of finishing 9th in both of them!

Edited by Guy

• 1 month later...

It's the same for most Premiership teams I would suggest with the odd exception. There's an element of luck every year. As well as clubs not having bottomless pockets there's also quite a problem keeping the more squad players happy and motivated. Easier to do if your Man City or Liverpool at the moment perhaps.

On 26/05/2019 at 12:54, Haywood_6 said:

Bit harsh on Perez tbqh. 

Think with Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans and Ricardo providing he'd score plenty. 

He's not Vardy but he's not bottom three material either. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bit harsh on Perez tbqh. 

Think with Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans and Ricardo providing he'd score plenty. 

He's not Vardy but he's not bottom three material either. 

Tbqh it would have been impressive had he known back in May that Perez was going to be part of the squad ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2