Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

Guest bss9401

I don't believe that Maddison will leave at any price during this window. It took him 3/4 of the season to find his feet in the division and in our team. Added to this he is close to his family, we have a young, ambitious squad and he's gone out of his way to encourage Tielemans to sign. These points all added up do not give me any belief that his head could be turned.

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d personally say Maddison is the most likely to leave. Maguire’s going nowhere and neither is Chilwell. Of the 3, I’d fancy Maddison most likely to leave. 

Based on? (Genuinely interested)

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Based on? (Genuinely interested)

Chilwell is the golden boy and he’s going nowhere. Maguire is highly valued by Rodgers and with the options at centre back there are cheaper alternatives for teams.

Maddison is different, he’s only been here a year, he’s the most likely to cause a bidding war between clubs due to the position he plays. I think a crazy offer is more likely to come in for Maddison than Chilly or Maguire. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Maddison is different, he’s only been here a year, he’s the most likely to cause a bidding war between clubs due to the position he plays. I think a crazy offer is more likely to come in for Maddison than Chilly or Maguire. 

That's the reason we won't let him go, spent years without a number 10 so unlikely we get one, get him used to PL football and sell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Amazes me how many people keep using the wrong there, their or they're in writing nowadays. 

Going back to my point, yes you may be right, but there won't be much loved lost between the us and the north London journalists that is for sure. 

Haha, try arguing a point of view with some evidence rather than point scoring about the use of English, it's a football forum not a grammar forum.

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Haha, try arguing a point of view with some evidence rather than point scoring about the use of English, it's a football forum not a grammar forum.

Sorry mate. It means a lot to me. Proud of proper English. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Sorry mate. It means a lot to me. Proud of proper English. 

While the use of decent English is important, as long as I can easily read what a person has written, I'm more interest in the content myself. 

So other than picking out typo's on an internet forum, how else do you champion the use of proper English?

Red Cafe are frothing at the mouth mind :D

Although apparently the English 22 year old with the best assists record in Europe is not worth £60m to some...

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d personally say Maddison is the most likely to leave. Maguire’s going nowhere and neither is Chilwell. Of the 3, I’d fancy Maddison most likely to leave. 

No way will Maddison go this summer!.. 

Maguire maybe. 

Chilwell will stay. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It’s the Daily Record and Chris Sutton works for them.  SLB to me. 

The article (for what it is worth) is by Duncan Castles - thought he was ITK as far as Yanited were concerned?

Maddison has family he is very close to that live in the area. It's part of the reason he chose us over Southampton. He's been open in encouraging Tielemans to stay, he's seen that being at Leicester is no barrier to getting into the England team and yet you think he's going to run off to a top 6 club that flashes their knickers at him? Get real. 

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Chilwell is the golden boy and he’s going nowhere. Maguire is highly valued by Rodgers and with the options at centre back there are cheaper alternatives for teams.

Bollocks this.

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

IF United come in for Maddison I can see him pushing for the move. I’ve got a feeling on this one - he’s the type who loves the limelight and it will obviously help with his England squad potential. 

If he doesn't settle, and United are in a mess, it won't help his international chances at all. 

He's vital to the way we play, seems to enjoy being with his teammates and is doing extremely well. 

He has time for a big 6 move at a later date, and he knows it if he keeps progressing. 

Harry moving to Leicester a couple of years ago is a great example. 

Just now, FIF said:

More important to keep this guy than Maguire or Tielemans.

Agree, can conceive of alternatives for Harry, Youri and even Chillwell, but Maddison not to much.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, can conceive of alternatives for Harry, Youri and even Chillwell, but Maddison not to much.

We nullified him in the last three matches playing him out of position on the left, so Barnes can come in. Even though it worked initially, those final games of the season suggests Rodgers doesn't want both Tielemans and Maddison acting as two number 10's, so if its a choice between the two I'd choose Tielemans.