Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

6DCFE5FF-C2F4-4859-A5F8-7676DF0766FE.thumb.jpeg.8479e8c7bed1d7f1e132891bd907d8fa.jpeg

To be fair these comments are spot on. Our players are rated mainly on potential and age. Man U supposedly had a disastrous season but were still easily top 6. That's how far us and the rest have to go to catch up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The article (for what it is worth) is by Duncan Castles - thought he was ITK as far as Yanited were concerned?

Windsor Castles knows more about Leicester than the Daily Retard.   Manure may want Madders (and a few more besides from us, but a contract is a contract as we do not need to sell. I think Mags will go though.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Windsor Castles knows more about Leicester than the Daily Retard.   Manure may want Madders (and a few more besides from us, but a contract is a contract as we do not need to sell. I think Mags will go though.

I said YANITED (meaning Man U)...

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

IF United come in for Maddison I can see him pushing for the move. I’ve got a feeling on this one - he’s the type who loves the limelight and it will obviously help with his England squad potential. 

Luke Shaw was named Manchester United's player of the season but didn't get into the England squad because Gareth Southgate said he thought Chilwell had been performing better. 

Players don't need to be at a 'big club' to play for England anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Yanited will pay the boy a lot more than we will - guess we will find out about his character over the  next week or two ....

Aye. Hope he stays, but will see the measure of the man (boy) soon enough I guess. Maybe it will a price war into action.....

2 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Luke Shaw was named Manchester United's player of the season but didn't get into the England squad because Gareth Southgate said he thought Chilwell had been performing better. 

Players don't need to be at a 'big club' to play for England anymore. 

Tell that to Fabian Delph and Ross Barkley. Both poor and only in the squad due to the clubs they played for.

Maddison was a better performer than Barkley last season, the stats tell you that but Southgate has left him in the U21s for “tournament experience”, which funnily enough is exactly what the Semi Finals and potential Final of the Nations League are. Big club bias has always been there and always will be. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

I don’t think any of us would rate Maddison as worse than Lingard, (apart from Gareth Southgate) so why wouldn’t Man U be interested?

They will probably see him as too expensive at the moment but if they’re panicking close to the start of the season a ridiculous offer wouldn’t surprise me.

Still think Spurs is a more likely destination if Eriksen goes, particularly with what Pochettino was saying after the Champs League final about a “rebuild” and “creating a new project”. That worried me.

Not so sure that most Man Utd fans are quite over their need for big signings just yet.

Suspect they would view Joao Felix at £100m as a better and safer option :blink:

• Haha 1

These journos don’t half make me laugh, little old Leicester are going to sell half there squad lol  the likelihood is we’ve got to brace ourselves for one big name player to leave us in order for us to continue progressing . I’ll be shocked if we sell more than one.

• Like 1

Aside from true die hard Leicester fans. No one chooses to stay at Leicester over Man United. The salary’s are higher, the fame and celebrity goes through the roof. I’m not saying Maddison definitely goes there but who really turns them down unless they are moving to another massive club?

I mean, come on. It’s Man United FFS. 

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Aside from true die hard Leicester fans. No one chooses to stay at Leicester over Man United. The salary’s are higher, the fame and celebrity goes through the roof. I’m not saying Maddison definitely goes there but who really turns them down unless they are moving to another massive club?

That was the case. But at the minute, it's very toxic at man u and won't be better next year. Most of their players look like they would rather be anywhere else...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I know what you mean and in a couple of years I would agree. But I think playing time is huge for JM at present. He will only progress by playing regularly. The grass is not always greener at the big clubs just ask RM and DD. He has so much potential but an awful lot to learn, that is best done out of the limelight and  pressure that playing for Man Utd brings

16 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Even as a Leicester fan, I'd push for a move to Man Utd.

It's a career. To go on world tours, be part of all that history, play at that stadium, play in the champions league and generally be internationally famous....I'd go for a mediocre Man Utd.

Problem is for the player, he's under contract to us. 

And there's absolutely zero chance he'll be allowed to.move til the club has feasted on its pound of meat

• Like 1

We dont want to sell 

we made a big deal of Brendan’s arrival to ‘work with these players’

however, our ‘stars’ are in demand and their agents job is to maximise their earnings ..... so they will listen to overtures from clubs and take proposals - pass these to rudders and demand a better deal for their player ....... tough to pay someone 60k a week and then demand a  60m+ fee for them ..... I would expect that madders will be signing an improved deal with us by September .......

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Even as a Leicester fan, I'd push for a move to Man Utd.

It's a career. To go on world tours, be part of all that history, play at that stadium, play in the champions league Europa Thursday League and generally be internationally famous....I'd go for a mediocre Man Utd.

Problem is for the player, he's under contract to us. 

And there's absolutely zero chance he'll be allowed to.move til the club has feasted on its pound of meat

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

I wouldn’t sell anybody, next season with a couple of quality additions we could bypass Man U and Arsenal, I really hope we go for it.

This young side is only going to get better it would be heart breaking if it got dismantled.

• Like 1