Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

Just now, TJB-fox said:

We can’t afford to do what spurs did a couple of years ago when they sold Bale and brought in 5/6 average players like chadli. Our transfer business needs to be bang on next 2/3 years if we want to consistently finish in the top 6 (which I feel is very much in reach)

For me best way of being ‘bang on’ is keeping this squad together, even if the chance for big money sales arise.

You will get banned for talking sense on here...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s a bit like the goose that laid the golden egg really. Don’t kill the goose. I’ve been drinking. That might be a tad obscure for some here. 

Yes, I missed the relevance of this goose reference. Give me a moment, I will start drinking :beer:

• Haha 2

https://www.footballinsider247.com/arsenal-hijack-spurs-bid-to-sign-leicester-star/

Manchester City want to blow Tottenham away to sign Leicester City playmaker James Maddison this summer, Football Insider understands.

Football Insider revealed earlier this week that Spurs have made an enquiry about the cost of signing the 22-year-old from the Foxes this summer.

A City source has told Football Insider the treble winners have also made an approach for Maddison and learned it would take a figure in the region of £60million to convince Leicester to sell him.

That would represent a gargantuan £37.5million profit on the player signed from Norwich City 12 months ago for £22million.

Manager Pep Guardiola is a huge admirer, the source explained, of Maddison and his ability to create and score goals, believing he has the class to fit into his side.

The England Under-21 international scored seven goals and provided seven assists in 36 Premier League appearances and created the most chances of any player in the recently-completed domestic season.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is also a firm admirer of the Leicester star and has made him one of his leading targets.

There is also interest from Arsenal in the playmaker, although their 4-1 Europa League final defeat rules them out of next season’s Champions League and has put a major dent in their transfer budget this summer.

Man City and Spurs are the best placed of Maddison’s elite-club suitors to offer a deal that Leicester could find hard to refuse.

• Haha 1

I expect that a big chunk of the £37.5 million would make its way to his previous clubs, it would be a massive blow for us if Maddison did leave and we also fail in signing Tielemans, we definitely need at least one of them next season if not both... 

If Man City come in for any of our players we are going to milk the feckers for all they are worth because we are not interested in selling our better players, they thought Mahrez was expensive:crylaugh: and it took him two seasons of being stroppy to get his dream move to their bench:crylaugh:.

• Like 2

Just now, Genesis1 said:

Man City ****ed us massively over Mahrez. We should have got 60m and Roberts or Foden or 75m. The sad thing is I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Foden? You sure?

6 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Foden or the other one. I get them both mixed up. Play on the left side?

Either way we were robbed.

Robbed? We payed 400 grand for him, got the best years out of him, helped us win the title and flogged him for a 59.5 million quid profit, hardly robbed. Oh and also getting rid allowed the team to evolve and not be reliant on a single player.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 3

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Robbed? We payed 400 grand for him, got the best years out of him, helped us win the title and flogged him for a 59.5 million quid profit, hardly robbed. 

In that regard you make a very valid point.

I mean in the day and age where Jack grealish is quoted at 30m+ and getting Nacho for 27m+ I feel in today's market 60m is on the low side for Mahrez, well when he played for us that is.

2 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

In that regard you make a very valid point.

I mean in the day and age where Jack grealish is quoted at 30m+ and getting Nacho for 27m+ I feel in today's market 60m is on the low side for Mahrez, well when he played for us that is.

I dont think villa would sell grealish for any amount of  money, and if they did need the money, which they don’t , I don’t think he’d want to go anyway, it’s his boyhood club and he’ll be there for his entire career. Nacho was never worth the money and we were ripped off although he still may come good. It’s time the people signing players became a bit more savvy with who they target, Townsends a good buy for 14 million

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I dont think villa would sell grealish for any amount of  money, and if they did need the money, which they don’t , I don’t think he’d want to go anyway, it’s his boyhood club and he’ll be there for his entire career. Nacho was never worth the money and we were ripped off although he still may come good. It’s time the people signing players became a bit more savvy with who they target, Townsends a good buy for 14 million

I agree totally. The points that I'm making is, apart from Drinkwater, clubs think we're an easy target, Kante for 32m still gives me sleepless nights and we can't allow Man City to take Madisson from us for a penny less than he's worth.

Problem is, how much is he worth?

27 minutes ago, brucey said:

IMO Maddison > Tielemans if we could only pick one.

No chance we'd sell for 60m, and those clubs are too far from Coventry anyway :ph34r:.

Ooh someone actually said Maddison > Tielemans.  :o

FWIW I totally agree. :thumbup:

I genuinely can’t see us losing Maddison, Chilwell or Maguire this summer. Especially not at that price. The most creative player in Europe, 22 and English, with 4 years left on his contract — for just £60m? I can’t wait till Man City get their transfer ban. 

Mahrez went for £60m and Man City clearly knew he wanted out. Maddison has a long contract, he’s much younger, English and we’re less keen to sell - if they were serious about wanting him it’s going to take a monumental offer for us to consider it, we’re talking £80m + and even they can’t justify that.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Robbed? We payed 400 grand for him, got the best years out of him, helped us win the title and flogged him for a 59.5 million quid profit, hardly robbed. Oh and also getting rid allowed the team to evolve and not be reliant on a single player.

What has the price someone paid for a player have anything to do with their sale value? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's really not going anywhere. 

Vichai made a point of holding on to Mahrez for years and playing hard ball, there's no chance Top sells Maddison in his first summer at the wheel. 

Makes me feel sick picturing him wearing a verminous Spuds kit! 

• Like 1