Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Why would they buy Maddison. Our valuations probably differ by minimum 30 million pounds, for the kind of money they can spend if Eriksen leaves they'd be better off pursuing Lo Celso, who is probably the better player with a higher ceiling.

... So he won't scrape his head? 

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maddison could plausibly be worth over 100 million pounds after next season. Maguire would be worth the same as this summer, if we're lucky. That's the difference between the two, why we would never sell our younger, developing players unless we had no other option.

I rate the guy, but:nigel:

The only player I would even countenance selling is Harry and only if we NEEDED that money to reinvest in the squad. We need to build a team around Chilly, Maddison, Harvey etc. I am not worried about bids though I suspect the club feels the same 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maddison could plausibly be worth over 100 million pounds after next season. Maguire would be worth the same as this summer, if we're lucky. That's the difference between the two, why we would never sell our younger, developing players unless we had no other option.

Pretty much this.

Maguire going for £75m would be good business as his value is not getting any higher now he's 26. We also have two of the better young CB's in Europe who would compete for his place. No problem with him staying either as we look like we're going to have a real go this season to try and get top six. 

Chilwell and Maddison need to stay because they should only be getting better and will hold their value. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Pretty much this.

Maguire going for £75m would be good business as his value is not getting any higher now he's 26. We also have two of the better young CB's in Europe who would compete for his place. No problem with him staying either as we look like we're going to have a real go this season to try and get top six. 

Chilwell and Maddison need to stay because they should only be getting better and will hold their value. 

26 is not old. Especially for a cb. I feel Harry can improve further and will demand around that much until he's 30. He's also a late developer. 

Agree we should absolutely be keeping Chilwell and Maddison. I hope we keep Maguire too and make a push 

• Like 2

Aside from the fact that the club is making great progress and with a few additions is realistically going to challenge for top 6. Aside from the fact that both Chilwell and Maddison will be on a good contract and are both internationals. There is the simple fact that right now, they are guaranteed to play every week. So many examples of players making that big move and it not working out. DD is the best example but Mahrez hasn’t made a huge impact at Man City. I agree you have to back yourself but they are in the best place for their career right now. 

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The bleeding Mail are suggesting Arsenal are in for Maddison but have been quoted £60 million.

Quoted? 

GTFO

So £60 million and he’s gone?  Arsenal only have £40 million to spend and last time I checked Maddison wasn’t an entire back 4. 

Someone will have £60 million though. Concerning. 

Guest SO1

The Mail. Jesus wept. James isn't going anywhere.

He's risen quickly the past couple years and has the opportunity with the right type of coach to raise his game to the next level.

We'll get another year or two before he moves on. He needs to up his game with more goals and assists.

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

Pretty much this.

Centre halves don't tend to reach their prime until late twenties early thirties.  I expect Harry to improve a great deal defensively with the more experience he gains and his value to go up accordingly.  At 26 he is still learning his trade.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hes not even for sale.

Pointless thread to fill the boredom of lack of movement in and out the club

He isn’t but every player does have a price ......... Twitter man city ITK mentions 90m this morning.  That will put them off but may not do so yanited.  Suspect it means we would take 80m ...... if we had quoted 100m+ then I think it would show we really aren’t prepared to let him go .....imo, the likelihood of Harry leaving went up a notch this morning but he is still more likely to stay here than leave ...... for the time being (depends what happens to yanited’s other targets)

29 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d sell him for anything north of £65 million. He’s good but that is silly money for a player who can drift in and out of games. He could be replaced with a foreign export. 

Don't agree with you at all. After Vardy he's the one player we can ill afford to lose. He's only going to get better and the one creative player clearly capable of doing something that bit different we currently have on the books.

He's young, on a long contract, essential to our play and English. We can't just sell this type of player and have any chance of keeping on deveolping. Spurs will be awash with money from the Champions League as will Liverpool and Man City have it in spades. They should be made to pay through the nose for any signings they wish to make. 65 million is now way enough.

• Like 2