Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not so sure this is true, and reading "Done Deal", he portrays a fairly sympathetic view of agents, but then again, the author is a lawyer :D

Done Deal is a fascinating read. However, let's face it if Man Utd offered 60 million (way too cheap for me) then the agent gets a cut, let's say 10% plus 10% of any new contract increase, which there would be , and they are quids in. Plus increases in image rights etc. If he stays here he may get an increase in wages and a cut but that would be it.

Agents are one of the reasons there is so little loyalty in the game now as it serves them no good whatsoever for players to stay at clubs our size if they can move them on and get a cut of any transfer fee. Look at our agent fees over the last few years, truly disgusting.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

I think one more season with us, Manchester United are in The Europa league that’s not a step up, he could play in the Champions league in the near future.

I do think it’s imperative we finish next season in Europe.

We're not in Europe at all so the Europa League is 100% a step up.

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Firstly it’s all tabloid speculation as usual. Every year we have players linked to top 6 clubs and every year the vast majority stay, the only 1 season player was Kante, who had reluctantly joined us in the first place and he had a buy out clause. Secondly, do Man U need a player like Madders? I would think they need to target their spine with better CB’s, a Roy Keane style player in the middle and a replacement for Lukaku - not sure Madders for all his undoubted talent is as good a fit at Man U as he is at City ATM. 

I think this window is different. We are now seen as a possible threat to the top six, even the media think so. The best way for the top 6 to preserve their "closed shop" is to buy the best players from clubs like us. Surprised they are not being lnked with Wolves players as well. Man U have a lot of serious money to spend, Man City can just buy anyone whenever they like and Liverpool and Spurs are awash with Champion League money.

Our players are young, have re-sale value to these clubs, and largely British, also key. The pressure on us to keep this team together will be far greater than ever before. We are 2 or 3 quality players off being a top side but is we lose 3 or 4 of our best talents we will be 5 or 6 short.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, reynard said:

Done Deal is a fascinating read. However, let's face it if Man Utd offered 60 million (way too cheap for me) then the agent gets a cut, let's say 10% plus 10% of any new contract increase, which there would be , and they are quids in. Plus increases in image rights etc. If he stays here he may get an increase in wages and a cut but that would be it.

Agents are one of the reasons there is so little loyalty in the game now as it serves them no good whatsoever for players to stay at clubs our size if they can move them on and get a cut of any transfer fee. Look at our agent fees over the last few years, truly disgusting.

I do see this argument, but it depends if his agent is playing the long game. Man Utd tomorrow where he gets a cut of 60m but is at serious risk of stagnation, becoming part of a side show or he stays for a year, progresses and then goes to Man City next year for 80/90m.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do see this argument, but it depends if his agent is playing the long game. Man Utd tomorrow where he gets a cut of 60m but is at serious risk of stagnation, becoming part of a side show or he stays for a year, progresses and then goes to Man City next year for 80/90m.

Let's see. I would expect to see us offer a big new deal and a new 5 year contract with no sell on clause. I think he would actually start most games for Man U next season as they start to rebuild.

• Like 1

If he wants an example of why this would be a bad idea, look at Drinkwater.

Failed at United, went to Barnsley ended up here, should have learnt his lesson as he was a big fish in a small pond.

Decides to go to Chelsea and disappears off the face of the earth and gets a drink drive charge! Great progression! Don't listen to greedy agents.

Maddison has good potential but is not the finished article, United fans and the media wont have the same patience we have had with some of his poorer performances this season.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If he wants an example of why this would be a bad idea, look at Drinkwater.

Failed at United, went to Barnsley ended up here, should have learnt his lesson as he was a big fish in a small pond.

Decides to go to Chelsea and disappears off the face of the earth and gets a drink drive charge! Great progression! Don't listen to greedy agents.

Maddison has good potential but is not the finished article, United fans and the media wont have the same patience we have had with some of his poorer performances this season.

I understand what you're saying but tbh some on this forum weren't exactly models of patience regarding Maddison.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I understand what you're saying but tbh some on this forum weren't exactly models of patience regarding Maddison.

Exactly, just imagine 70000 Plastic Mancs who think they should be winning the Champions League year in year out. There will always be idiots in the support at any club but the pressure at United given the expectations of the support and media would be huge.

For me its a very bad career move after 1 year in the Prem. I would give it another few years and become established and more experienced, that is the time to move up. Even Mahrez who is an absolute quality finished article of a player is struggling for first team places. 

• Like 2

Right now, £60 million is good business as despite his immense potential, Maddison is far from the finished article.

Decision making isn't the best (eg Man City didn't play the obvious pass to Albrighton) and he gets too easily muscled out of challenges.

I think he'll improve and be worth that cash next season probably but from a purely value perspective, Man U would be paying way over the odds at £60 million.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Top should just come out and say no one is going anywhere. 

After chelsea  game i thought bredans words saying let's see who stays was a bit defeatist

Not defeatist, he forgot he had left Celtic

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

I think this window is different. We are now seen as a possible threat to the top six, even the media think so. The best way for the top 6 to preserve their "closed shop" is to buy the best players from clubs like us. Surprised they are not being lnked with Wolves players as well. Man U have a lot of serious money to spend, Man City can just buy anyone whenever they like and Liverpool and Spurs are awash with Champion League money.

Our players are young, have re-sale value to these clubs, and largely British, also key. The pressure on us to keep this team together will be far greater than ever before. We are 2 or 3 quality players off being a top side but is we lose 3 or 4 of our best talents we will be 5 or 6 short.

Most of the Wolves players have an agent who is far too close with the owners to force a move. The agent will be having his pockets lined regardless of any transfers by the owners, and in the long run will make more by keeping the players at Wolves rather than taking one or two big paydays. 

• Like 2

Why are the top six clubs after just leicester players, you have man city, tottenham, arsenal and now man utd. 

You don't hear them go after players in from the other clubs in the EPL. 

Edited by Crispin LA

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Why are the top six clubs after just leicester players, you have man city, tottenham, arsenal and now man city. 

You don't hear them go after players in from the other clubs in the EPL. 

Because we have the BEST squad of young English players, bar none!

• Like 2

Unless someone comes up with a really silly £100m+ offer for him then I still think he’ll be still in a Leicester shirt next season, I’m sure Vards would have had a word in his shell like and mentioned about the Mahrez syndrome of Bench warming ??