Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

On 03/06/2019 at 20:41, Paninistickers said:

Even as a Leicester fan, I'd push for a move to Man Utd.

It's a career. To go on world tours, be part of all that history, play at that stadium, play in the champions league and generally be internationally famous....I'd go for a mediocre Man Utd.

Problem is for the player, he's under contract to us. 

And there's absolutely zero chance he'll be allowed to.move til the club has feasted on its pound of meat

...as a Leicester fan, that is quiet a fickle attitude..

The quest is for a career in football, all those trips by your parents carrying you to games, the only thought is to make it as a professional player. You get to play for the club you support and that is all that you could ask for.

There are one club players out there, who had the opportunity to move to a superior club but chose to stay where they are. Not every player see their future as you have described it and thinking that way has led quite a lot of players to poor decisions.

To play for the club you support......is everything. I would never want to leave!!

• Like 1

Am I the only person who sees a very selfish, egotistical young lad who thinks he’s David beckham?

Dont get me wrong he’s a good player. But his attitude stinks to me. Goes missing and doesn’t put a shift in enough.

ill never forget when he shot against Man City when albrighton was in space, and that’s the just the most recent example - there have been others.

i just question his attitude and wether he’s a team player. And for that reason I’d accept a silly bid all day long.

probably going to get shot down here for having an unpopular opinion. And I accept not many will agree, it’s just how I feel.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Am I the only person who sees a very selfish, egotistical young lad who thinks he’s David beckham?

Dont get me wrong he’s a good player. But his attitude stinks to me. Goes missing and doesn’t put a shift in enough.

ill never forget when he shot against Man City when albrighton was in space, and that’s the just the most recent example - there have been others.

i just question his attitude and wether he’s a team player. And for that reason I’d accept a silly bid all day long.

probably going to get shot down here for having an unpopular opinion. And I accept not many will agree, it’s just how I feel.

I can understand some criticisms, he seems to have added a bit of aggression to his game which was lacking and still needs improving but overall his qualities far outweigh his defficiencies IMO and I think he will improve next year.

One thing I don't get is why some people presume he thinks he's David Beckham.  I hear it a lot.  Where does this come from?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

i agree with everything you say but i feel a move to man utd will be a stinker for him.they are in the worst position they have been in for many years.

they are not the force they once were and will take many seasons for a full rebuild and to get to the top again his head may get turned to play for utd.

but it’s been proved by several of our players you can still play for your country whilst playing for our great club and he still has age on his side too.

so if i was him i’d stay here for another season or two but only time will tell i guess......

He doesn’t think he’s Beckham, he just idolises him and mentions him every time he does another of those free kick tutorial videos for Youtube, so that might be where that’s from.

He defends significantly more than Tielemans and Mahrez did, so I don’t think he can be accused of not putting in a shift.

His decision making could do with improvement but it’s already infinitely better than Gray’s.

I think he just tries too hard to impress sometimes, and that’s to his detriment. Whether that’s shooting when he shouldn’t, or performing poorly whenever he plays for England U21s.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

Right now, £60 million is good business as despite his immense potential, Maddison is far from the finished article.

Decision making isn't the best (eg Man City didn't play the obvious pass to Albrighton) and he gets too easily muscled out of challenges.

I think he'll improve and be worth that cash next season probably but from a purely value perspective, Man U would be paying way over the odds at £60 million.

On that basis & Ignoring the fact that at 22yrs old, he’s one of the most highly rated English youngsters, on a 4yr contract & despite being his debut season he posted better stats than him.....

Man U would be paying ‘way over the odds at £60m’ for Bernardo Silva??!?! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as a Leicester fan, that is quiet a fickle attitude..

The quest is for a career in football, all those trips by your parents carrying you to games, the only thought is to make it as a professional player. You get to play for the club you support and that is all that you could ask for.

There are one club players out there, who had the opportunity to move to a superior club but chose to stay where they are. Not every player see their future as you have described it and thinking that way has led quite a lot of players to poor decisions.

To play for the club you support......is everything. I would never want to leave!!

Pretty much is the sad thinking across society as well as football. The only goal is to be the best!...

In complete honesty, meh, you can spend your life striving for the best and miss out on enjoying all of the good along the way.

Im not sure who said it, but a simple quote that changed my life is... "Good enough, is almost always good enough"

5 hours ago, Albert said:

On that basis & Ignoring the fact that at 22yrs old, he’s one of the most highly rated English youngsters, on a 4yr contract & despite being his debut season he posted better stats than him.....

Man U would be paying ‘way over the odds at £60m’ for Bernardo Silva??!?! 

Was rather hoping you’d have finished your post with a ‘they’re wasting their time anyway’ comment .............

It is so important to keep our squad together for next season. I am genuinely excited by what we could achieve with our youngsters.  

He's happy here and not for sale.  Next summer could be different if we don't have European football to look forward to, but this summer we need to do everything we can to keep him and the other promising youngsters.

We’re not a ‘selling club’ as such, but since the title success we have lost at least one first-team player each summer.

Whatever we say publicly, I think it would be wise to assume that will continue - not because we want it to, but because of our position in the hierarchy. 

Personally I suspect that player this year will either be Maguire or Chilwell. 

Maddison would costs clubs around £60m and I don’t think he’s consistent enough yet for them to cough up that kind of dough. 

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

You can spend your life striving for the best and miss out on enjoying all of the good along the way.

100% this.
A lot of people just focus on the destination in life and overlook the actual journey.

My life improved immeasurably when I realised this.

Anyway, back to the topic...

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

100% this.
A lot of people just focus on the destination in life and overlook the actual journey.

My life improved immeasurably when I realised this.

Anyway, back to the topic...

The journey is better than arriving.

What do people remember as the highlights of winning the title, the actual ceremony or the nail biting moments like Norwich and West Ham at home or Man City away and that Hazard goal? 

11 hours ago, dooflip said:

Putting your weird thoughts forward to judge a players personality ,sort of stinks of outrageous presumption!!!

every player,and I mean every player,have those selfish moments,and has a fan keeping them in ones mind to bash a player with,shows you don't look at other

players misendeavours,which means  you find it difficult to look at that chosen players  positives ,where in reality  that there are always inconsistencies..just like fans judgements and analyse...

you need to get those positive vibes going....we have too many grumpies on this forum....please don't join them!! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

You got to love the Durham trolling of man u fans lollollol not word perfect but

"Man u would be a sideways step for him now. If not a step backwards" 

lollol ace trolling lollol

The best thing is though... he’s right. They’re in such a mess throughout the club, from the playing staff up to Woodward. And it’s all their own making - Fergie gave them 5 years notice that he wanted to retire, and they failed to plan so badly it’s almost as if this mess was his plan all along. 

We only finished 14 points behind them - we should be aiming to capitalise on their squalor and finish above them next season.