Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

It’s not the 2000s anymore, aside from OGS simply not being Mourinho for 10 games they were underperforming for almost the whole season; aside from ridiculous wages they’re not that much more attractive than us at the minute. They have a double glazing salesman as their DOF and an average manager - they’re a mess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s not the 2000s anymore, aside from OGS simply not being Mourinho for 10 games they were underperforming for almost the whole season; aside from ridiculous wages they’re not that much more attractive than us at the minute. They have a double glazing salesman as their DOF and an average manager - they’re a mess.

I'd say that playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal is no guarantee of European football (beyond what they have already gotten from this season.) I could see any one of them slipping to a seventh or even eighth position finish next season if they're not careful.

Of course, football is football and it could also happen to Liverpool or Man City, but there's a hugely smaller chance.

Edit: lol I just wrote hugely smaller :doh: you know what I mean!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd say that playing for Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal is no guarantee of European football (beyond what they have already gotten from this season.) I could see any one of them slipping to a seventh or even eighth position finish next season if they're not careful.

Of course, football is football and it could also happen to Liverpool or Man City, but there's a hugely smaller chance.

but it might have something to do with the millions more each year he would earn and his image rights which would go through the roof as a yanited player ....

so the football ball could play second fiddle to the money which is why I made the point a couple of times today about the player’s character....... it could be a short career ....... he should stay but if he really fancies it then we have a problem making him do so ......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Red Cafe are frothing at the mouth mind :D

Although apparently the English 22 year old with the best assists record in Europe is not worth £60m to some...

It wasn’t assists 

it was chances created, and he actually finished 8th

i also think the stat is skewed by the 140 odd corners he took, coincidentally the most in the league 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

It wasn’t assists 

it was chances created, and he actually finished 8th

i also think the stat is skewed by the 140 odd corners he took, coincidentally the most in the league 

And after a promising start, they generally became pretty crap  ........

7 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Luke Shaw was named Manchester United's player of the season but didn't get into the England squad because Gareth Southgate said he thought Chilwell had been performing better. 

Players don't need to be at a 'big club' to play for England anymore. 

But we are a big club, not elite but we are a big club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

But we are a big club, not elite but we are a big club.

It’s semantics ....... when we talk of a ‘big club’ on here we are referencing the top six 

none of our better players is leaving here to go anywhere else (in this country) 

If Manure come in for him he is off , he Is a huge fan and beckham was his hero growing up , he won’t say no to them , the days of clubs forcing players to stay is over if he wants to go make them pay £60-70m , no point having an unhappy player around , but I say again Maguire publicially calling on him to stay put suggests that Maguire is staying 

I think one more season with us, Manchester United are in The Europa league that’s not a step up, he could play in the Champions league in the near future.

I do think it’s imperative we finish next season in Europe.

7 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

If Manure come in for him he is off , he Is a huge fan and beckham was his hero growing up , he won’t say no to them , the days of clubs forcing players to stay is over if he wants to go make them pay £60-70m , no point having an unhappy player around , but I say again Maguire publicially calling on him to stay put suggests that Maguire is staying 

Is that true?  I know he admired becks but I think his dad is the yanited fan - did JM take that love on or was he just doing what he thought his old man wanted him to do without being emotionally invested in the club ? 

I’ll be still surprised if he goes. He’ll be worth 80 million next year and BR moved here to have a crack at building a team of young talent into top six material. I doubt there will be any exodus at all,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

It's not his decision though is it. He can push for it, and then we may consider it for next year if he still wanted to go. There's absolutely no way we let him go now after just one season. Really would be a terrible move for him at this stage anyway - there's no real consistency in who plays in that team, they could easily be onto another manager by October and they wouldn't think twice about leaving him by the wayside. Not what someone who is still very much a developing player needs. 

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’ll be still surprised if he goes. He’ll be worth 80 million next year and BR moved here to have a crack at building a team of young talent into top six material. I doubt there will be any exodus at all,

Agree... 

Although I do think we should sell Maguire if a bid of circa 80m comes in. 

7 hours ago, brucey said:

I believe he’s a childhood Man U fan.

We’re still not selling though.

My thinking behind it personally is, if he is a Man U fan then he should be aware right now is the wrong time to move there. He will know himself the club is a shambles & they are about to sell the likes of Pogba.

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Has anyone seen this video?

He’s a clever boy I’ll be very surprised if he leaves until he’s a full England international & cemented his place In the squad like Chilly & Harry have. 

One thing that did become clear to me though is how important Harry is for us from attacking set pieces. Obviously we all know he’s a threat, but on that video Harry is attacking every single one. 

• Like 2

This is what (good) agents are for, not just to maximise their own profits or those of their clients, but to recommend a course of action for the long term good of their clients.

Hopefully he has a good agent who recommends that despite interest from Yanited, he would be better served for his own development to remain within the Leicester project for now, in no small part to be tutored and managed by Rodgers.

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is what (good) agents are for, not just to maximise their own profits or those of their clients, but to recommend a course of action for the long term good of their clients.

Hopefully he has a good agent who recommends that despite interest from Yanited, he would be better served for his own development to remain within the Leicester project for now, in no small part to be tutored and managed by Rodgers.

Is there such a thing as a good agent? His agent will make a lot more money for him/herself if he's transferred to Man Utd. Bottom line is agents are only interested in themselves.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Is there such a thing as a good agent? His agent will make a lot more money for him/herself if he's transferred to Man Utd. Bottom line is agents are only interested in themselves.

Not so sure this is true, and reading "Done Deal", he portrays a fairly sympathetic view of agents, but then again, the author is a lawyer :D

Firstly it’s all tabloid speculation as usual. Every year we have players linked to top 6 clubs and every year the vast majority stay, the only 1 season player was Kante, who had reluctantly joined us in the first place and he had a buy out clause. Secondly, do Man U need a player like Madders? I would think they need to target their spine with better CB’s, a Roy Keane style player in the middle and a replacement for Lukaku - not sure Madders for all his undoubted talent is as good a fit at Man U as he is at City ATM. 

• Like 1

Let’s be honest Man Utd are a massive club.  They will also outdo us for money and are in Europe even if it is the Europa league.

They are a good manager and a few good widows from top 4 and always will be.

That said will Maddison play week in, week out an be a focal point of the team.  Not yet for me.  For his progression another season with us is best and hopefully he knows that.