Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's really not going anywhere. 

Vichai made a point of holding on to Mahrez for years and playing hard ball, there's no chance Top sells Maddison in his first summer at the wheel. 

Tops at the wheel...

Maddison won’t go it took Mahrez 3 transfer windows I honestly think we’ll keep chilwell, Maddison and Maguire this coming season. Players need to look at the quality that’s already at these top clubs that’s not even getting game time before moving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Maddison won’t go it took Mahrez 3 transfer windows I honestly think we’ll keep chilwell, Maddison and Maguire this coming season. Players need to look at the quality that’s already at these top clubs that’s not even getting game time before moving.

Maguire would walk into Man Utd’s side. 

I’d love to agree and keep all three, however the budget needs to be there to improve in other areas (central midfield). We’re lucky in a sense that Rodgers has seen Benkovic, albeit in Scotland but he should have a good gauge of his ability regardless. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Lad said:

What has the price someone paid for a player have anything to do with their sale value? 

Well it’s a measure of profit for a start. Which is kind of the whole point in selling an asset 

Edited by yorkie1999

Personally I think the London media are frightened of us to be honest. We have some talent and a good manager to go with it. The last thing they want is us gate crashing so going to write shite all summer to try and unsettle in my opinion. That expression involving salt and a pinch of I think can be applied here. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Personally I think the London media are frightened of us to be honest. We have some talent and a good manager to go with it. The last thing they want is us gate crashing so going to write shite all summer to try and unsettle in my opinion. That expression involving salt and a pinch of I think can be applied here. 

there really is no conspiracy theory ............  everyone I speak to down here is impressed with us, our players and what we can achieve ....their recent experience of us being good performances against their teams and our first half at Man City (which everyone watched)

the media is simply being the media ....... linking our players to big teams gets more clicks ......

• Like 4

8 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well it’s a measure of profit for a start. Which is kind of the whole point in selling an asset 

Yes but in no way does the price you pay dictate the value at sale time. That is purely down to demand and market conditions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And if JM agitates for a move after one season then he doesn’t have the character we need in our dressing room to be successful.....

Most of the time it's not the players who do the agitating it's their agent and therein lies the real problem.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I wonder if any of them will be still here..

Curious - you seem to be suggesting that a mass exodus is on the cards?

2 hours ago, string the Eskimo said:

Most of the time it's not the players who do the agitating it's their agent and therein lies the real problem.

The player can tell the agent what to do or more importantly what not to do .... if the player is unable to do that then again, they don’t have the character we need .......

maddison seems the type to know his own mind

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Always amaze me that fans think the media have a agenda other than selling newspapers, or driving traffic to there website. 

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Reported that Manchester City are going to bid for Maddison!.. 

60m+?...

Perhaps a deal is possible here. 

30m and take Iheanacho back! 

There is absolutely no way in a million years are we gonna sell maddison in this window, it just aint going to happen, 

Its only the start of June and we already have people worrying that we are selling our whole squad. Going to be a long summer for a few of the people on here. Dread to think what the meltdown would be if a newspaper reported someone being interested in Vardy.

Newspapers make money by talking shit! Calm down people! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Always amaze me that fans think the media have a agenda other than selling newspapers, or driving traffic to there website. 

Amazes me how many people keep using the wrong there, their or they're in writing nowadays. 

Going back to my point, yes you may be right, but there won't be much loved lost between the us and the north London journalists that is for sure. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And if JM agitates for a move after one season then he doesn’t have the character we need in our dressing room to be successful.....

I don’t think it is likely he will make a big fuss for a move, wasn't it a big part of the reason he chose us over Southampton that he would be moving closer to home in Coventry?

• Like 1